The Apple thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, is that for real? Looks like they bootlegged iOS.

The first frame is the Samsung watch, the next two are what I photoshopped to show the shape and materials are clearly and eerily similar to an iPhone 3/3GS. All I did was delete the Samsung button and then in the third frame added the iPhone button, ear-speaker and icons.

BTW, the 4.7 will be fine one-handed as the casing size will not grow by the same proportion as the screen. I'm very eager to see how both the 4.7 and 5.5 turn out as frankly, I've been waiting for a larger iPhone since the 4S. Forget Samsung, Apple should have provided more width in addition to height when they first debuted the 5. I use a 4 at the moment, but have handled a 5, 5S and 5C extensively - I don't find the extra height very compelling, as I've always found it's the overall area of the screen that's needed to get bigger.

With a bigger screen I'll use certain apps, like Safari, a lot more. At the moment I absolutely loath to load any kind of web page on the 4.

I'll be getting the 4.7 myself. It will be nice to have a little larger iphone but nothing the size of those phablets. Don't quite understand walking around basically holding a mini-ipad to your head. :lol

All I know is its not my thing. I teased as guy I worked with by taking an old keyboard and put it to my head when I would walk by him. We both would laugh our butts off as would others around us.

The 5.5 is real. There have been too many leaks showing too many parts for it not to be. You guys know that a number of these leaks happen because someone higher up at Apple lets them happen right? Notice how there have been no parts leaks for their wearable?

The 5.5 will not be a phablet and given the frame leaks will not look ridiculous in hand.

As a stock holder, I'm also happy Apple is offering more options. There are enough people out there interested only in larger sized devices.

9to5mac usually covers the significant ones.

Samsung is going to have a few really bad quarters coming up. And if Apple makes a complete transition to TSMC for a chip production in the coming year, ouch.

I dont carry my phone around and love to surf from time to time. The bigger Iphone is what I plan to pick up.

I've had this iPad for about 10 minutes and it destroys the kindle

I agree. I've always had an iPad but got a great deal on a kindle for my wife. I had to use the kindle on a trip because I forgot my iPad and hated it. Now she doesn't like the kindle either so I'm getting her an ipad too.

The only Kindle models even remotely worth getting are the e-paper versions - they're great for reading books. Battery lasts forever and they weigh almost nothing. BUt the problem is you're locked into Kindle store only. e-paper's future for readers looks like it's coming to an end quickly, IMO. Most folks would rather a tablet only instead of two devices.

I had a Sony e-reader when they first came out and used it for a long time, but as soon as I got an iPad it was forgotten. The only thing I miss about it was being able to read the screen in the sun.

I hate how epaper "flashes" to refresh. The technology reached a good-enough level for an initial product and hasn't evolved since.

Man, this rMBP is seriously something else. Got me the 15 inch maxed out version and it seriously blows everything out of the water. Hard to come back to a "regular" screen tbh.

Anyway, big day for news today, uh?

Looking forward to seeing the new iphones even though there can only be so many advancements in hardware. Outside of speed, screen size and material.. most of the changes come as part of IOS8. I would love if they surprised us with some really beefed up camera specs.

I'm looking forward to seeing the watch as well but in my opinion they took way too long in releasing it and by doing so they allowed Samsung to step in and steal some of their thunder.

I'm looking forward to seeing the watch as well but in my opinion they took way too long in releasing it and by doing so they allowed Samsung to step in and steal some of their thunder.

No one is buying Samsung's watch though. And we don't know what Apple's product will be, let alone that it will in fact be a "watch" - whatever it is, it won't be a Samsung-like product with an Apple logo on the back. The pattern in the tech industry has been pretty clear. It doesn't matter who's first, when Apple releases something of a similar category, it completely redefines the space and sets a new standard. I'm sure that will happen again, whatever is released.

As far as iPhone, I'm also hoping for a significant boost to Siri and Maps announced at this event. The strong revolutionary change coming to phones is secure contactless payments. Again, some others have dabbled in NFC, but if Apple is going to do it, it's going to change the entire game. This is probably going to be the biggest long-term news. The new iPhone hardware should be good, but it'll be replaced next year and the year after that, etc.

Back