Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 171 of 177 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1769

Default Re: Green Lantern - General One Sixth Figure Discussion

Cancelled for chances if there is a 2nd movie.

2. Fanboy Collectibles  300x250 Entertainment Earth 250x250-NFL Fanboy Collectibles  300x250
    This is clear as water, it has been cancelled.

With all the pipeline they have, the on hold statement is just to give us hope that if in the future they find a new technology and way to do this suit, they may try it, however I doubt it, they have lots of incoming/development figures and the future will only bring even more new licenses, new challenges and new figures to make.

I know it sucks not having a 1:6 GL figure in our collections, but we have to move on and let it go.

I have started my own DC characters; basically kit bashing with some customizing here and there. My projects:

1. Wonder Woman Classic outfit (DONE)
    2. Wonder Woman Warrior outfit (DONE)
    3. GL Classic outfit (In progress)
    4. Aquaman Classic outfit (In progress)

I got the DC Direct 13" figures for my custom GL and Aquaman and also I got the Mattel Movie Masters' Hal Jordan with impressive light up features.

I'm thinking if Hot Toys lower their standards, fans and collectors go easy with reviews and comments for some difficult to make figures, we could have a GL version similar to the Mattel Movie Masters' with better sculpt, articulation and paint job...something like a true type muscular figure with sculpted suit and Mattel's light up functions.

Well, looks like no John Carter or GL in the near future. Both great movies IMO but people just didn't give them a chance.

John Carter was far superior (in every way) to Green Lantern imo.

Koo-koo-ka-choo got screw
    Feedback
    114 (100%)
    Still sadden by this announcement. Who really wanted the suit to light up, the crap is a gimmick used sparingly by most. All it does is add to the price unnecessarily IMO
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseed View Post
    Still sadden by this announcement. Who really wanted the suit to light up, the crap is a gimmick used sparingly by most. All it does is add to the price unnecessarily IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Good interview and information. He sounds like a genuine guy despite all the bashing, but I guess that comes with the territory when you've got a successful product people want. Looking forward to seeing Joker 2.0.2 so I can finally get one. Also the Superman line if the movie is good, and definitely BTTF. I hope he meant Catwoman and Penguin as opposed to Batman and Penguin. I still need to pick up a Bruce Lee at some point. While I wouldn't hold my breath, if they actually do something with GL cool (I'd only want GL and Sinestro yellow) because there is no way they would tool a Kilowog or Guardian for a flop movie.

Quote Originally Posted by intothevoid View Post
    From what i've seen, I think we're all in for a treat with the DC comic 1/6 line
    Movie Green Lantern would be nice, but not essential especially with Sideshow about to launch into this market, which hopefully will be in the HT scale as opposed to the SS 12", or god forbid the DC 13". I'm really hoping Sideshow does these up right this time, with comic proportions (which are different than real life proportions), consistent scale, great headsculpts, quality costume materials, etc. They should basically look like articulated 1:6 scale PFs as opposed to dolls. If they do this with both the DC and Marvel lines, have a broad portfolio of characters, an aggressive release schedule and a decent price point (around $150 for typical character), that would likely be the primary like I'd collect.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    it wasn't a necessity IMO, a nice feature but not something that people would use more than once or twice
    PRE-ORDERS

At ease, disease!!!!
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Yup. I don't use it on my Iron Mans, Wesker nor my Terminators.

Dune Sea Local
    Feedback
    Great read there through that blog link - cheers NOVA!

I don't know.. there's enough negativity going around about the film, but although I think the suit is cool, I'm just not a fan of Reynolds - at all. I'd be more inclined to see what SSC does with their comic line, & potentially buy a nice comic book HAL.

Back when I spotted them at TRU, I almost pulled the trigger on a 12" DCUC GL.

Page 171 of 177 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175 ... LastLast