Green Lantern - General One Sixth Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is clear as water, it has been cancelled.

With all the pipeline they have, the on hold statement is just to give us hope that if in the future they find a new technology and way to do this suit, they may try it, however I doubt it, they have lots of incoming/development figures and the future will only bring even more new licenses, new challenges and new figures to make.

I know it sucks not having a 1:6 GL figure in our collections, but we have to move on and let it go.

I have started my own DC characters; basically kit bashing with some customizing here and there. My projects:

1. Wonder Woman Classic outfit (DONE)
2. Wonder Woman Warrior outfit (DONE)
3. GL Classic outfit (In progress)
4. Aquaman Classic outfit (In progress)

I got the DC Direct 13" figures for my custom GL and Aquaman and also I got the Mattel Movie Masters' Hal Jordan with impressive light up features.

I'm thinking if Hot Toys lower their standards, fans and collectors go easy with reviews and comments for some difficult to make figures, we could have a GL version similar to the Mattel Movie Masters' with better sculpt, articulation and paint job...something like a true type muscular figure with sculpted suit and Mattel's light up functions.

Still sadden by this announcement. Who really wanted the suit to light up, the crap is a gimmick used sparingly by most. All it does is add to the price unnecessarily IMO

Good interview and information. He sounds like a genuine guy despite all the bashing, but I guess that comes with the territory when you've got a successful product people want. Looking forward to seeing Joker 2.0.2 so I can finally get one. Also the Superman line if the movie is good, and definitely BTTF. I hope he meant Catwoman and Penguin as opposed to Batman and Penguin. I still need to pick up a Bruce Lee at some point. While I wouldn't hold my breath, if they actually do something with GL cool (I'd only want GL and Sinestro yellow) because there is no way they would tool a Kilowog or Guardian for a flop movie.

From what i've seen, I think we're all in for a treat with the DC comic 1/6 line ;)

Movie Green Lantern would be nice, but not essential especially with Sideshow about to launch into this market, which hopefully will be in the HT scale as opposed to the SS 12", or god forbid the DC 13". I'm really hoping Sideshow does these up right this time, with comic proportions (which are different than real life proportions), consistent scale, great headsculpts, quality costume materials, etc. They should basically look like articulated 1:6 scale PFs as opposed to dolls. If they do this with both the DC and Marvel lines, have a broad portfolio of characters, an aggressive release schedule and a decent price point (around $150 for typical character), that would likely be the primary like I'd collect.

Great read there through that blog link - cheers NOVA! :)

I don't know.. there's enough negativity going around about the film, but although I think the suit is cool, I'm just not a fan of Reynolds - at all. I'd be more inclined to see what SSC does with their comic line, & potentially buy a nice comic book HAL.

Back when I spotted them at TRU, I almost pulled the trigger on a 12" DCUC GL. :lol

i would have just been happy with a light up chest, right hand (for his ring) and the lantern. this sucks as i was really looking forward to the figure since i loved the design of the movie suit.

i would have just been happy with a light up chest, right hand (for his ring) and the lantern. this sucks as i was really looking forward to the figure since i loved the design of the movie suit.

:exactly: eh well, they'll make something else I'll spend money on.

Must light up. I love the light up features on Iron Man and other figures. It's "Green Lantern's LIGHT", not Green Lantern's dull green plastic.

I'm thinking if Hot Toys lower their standards, fans and collectors go easy with reviews and comments for some difficult to make figures, we could have a GL version similar to the Mattel Movie Masters' with better sculpt, articulation and paint job...something like a true type muscular figure with sculpted suit and Mattel's light up functions.

uhhh...NO. If HT wants to go ahead and create a sister company to release lower-end toys (closer to Mattel Movie Masters)...fine. But HT should focus on what they're good at...High-End 1/6 scale collectibles. (The cos-babies are nice every now and then but keep it at that.) HT needs to raise the bar for the collectible industry, not lower it.

I completely understand them holding off until they have the right tech to make the GL a light up figure. But I'll also say that they could have released a GL MMS figure in the meantime without the light-up feature. Just add in a good HS and a great paint job that makes its seem like the costume is glowing.

I completely understand them holding off until they have the right tech to make the GL a light up figure. But I'll also say that they could have released a GL MMS figure in the meantime without the light-up feature. Just add in a good HS and a great paint job that makes its seem like the costume is glowing.

HT has the "know-how" to pull off a light up ring / chest ie Mech Test Suit. It would have been bare minimum and kept true to the (comic) character which I believe the majority of fans would have accepted.

However, I can respect them wanting to go full tilt or nothing, it just sucks.

A company has to hedge their bets...and this was a bad bet from the word GO! Just like The Spirit. Great character designs, THEE BEST Sam Jackson sculpt out there to date but both movies were bad to say the least. I understand that a lot of folks liked (maybe loved) it for what it was but I think the majority of DC Fandom thought the movie sucked.

So unless HTs put out a killer figure with all the bells and whistles, they would have definitely lost money on this.

I feel for the guys that want it. Hell, I still want more Hellboy II characters but I guess it really comes down to what is the risk-reward factor. I gotta think it was probably pretty dismal.

Great read there through that blog link - cheers NOVA! :)

I don't know.. there's enough negativity going around about the film, but although I think the suit is cool, I'm just not a fan of Reynolds - at all. I'd be more inclined to see what SSC does with their comic line, & potentially buy a nice comic book HAL.

Back when I spotted them at TRU, I almost pulled the trigger on a 12" DCUC GL. :lol

:goodpost:

^ all i read was "great character design", thats all i'm looking for from a figure :lecture

Which was all HT needed to sell this figure. A shame they feel compelled to continually include light-up gimmicks to sell their product. In the past we've seen great toy lines destroyed because of this type of thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back