Playstation Vita Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing as we are all seasoned market analysts, I predict a 200 dollar price drop next Tuesday .

Anyone what file types you need to transfer movies to on the Vita?
I have everything else working, I love it actually, it's a beautiful piece of technology.
Videos require MP4 format. I use Xmedia Recode to change all my .avi,.flv, and .mpeg files to MP4 format. Its really simple to use and faster than some other programs.

The Vita version of Mortal Kombat, complete with 150 new Vita-centric Challenge Tower missions, touchscreen fatalities and the console version's DLC characters will be available at North American retailers on May 1.

Did it. I had an impulse after I got some money from family for my B-day. Ended up paying $27 out of pocket. Got a 4gb memory card and Unit 13 to go with it. Unit 13 is pretty damn cool so far.

So I love Unit 13. The controls are pretty good for the most part, but there's times when I wish I had a standard controller to use. I haven't tried co-op yet because I only know one other person that has a Vita, and he doesn't have Unit 13 so I might have to take my chances playing with some random.

Has anyone here tried using a bluetooth mic with the Vita yet??

So I love Unit 13. The controls are pretty good for the most part, but there's times when I wish I had a standard controller to use. I haven't tried co-op yet because I only know one other person that has a Vita, and he doesn't have Unit 13 so I might have to take my chances playing with some random.

Has anyone here tried using a bluetooth mic with the Vita yet??

I'll have to give my bluetooth mic a try. Really enjoy Unit 13 for what it is. I like the bite-size aspect to the missions.

I'll have to give my bluetooth mic a try. Really enjoy Unit 13 for what it is. I like the bite-size aspect to the missions.

I agree its a really fun game I cant take out that second hard target seems like enmys just keep respawning on that one level after I kill them lol

Unit 13 is very addicting. The short missions are pretty fun, and I find myself replaying some of them to attempt getting 5 stars in all of them.

On topic with the Unit 13. Looks like the developer is being closed.

Update: Last week, rumors were swirling that Zipper Interactive, the Sony-owned studio behind SOCOM, MAG and Unit 13, has been shut down.

Today, Sony released a statement to IGN confirming Zipper Interactive has indeed been shuttered. The statement reads as follows:

"Sony Computer Entertainment can confirm the closure of Zipper Interactive, a Seattle-based internal game development studio that has been part of the global development operation of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS). The closure is a result of a normal cycle of resource re-alignment within SCE WWS. Zipper has complete all work associated with its most recent project, Unit 13 for PlayStation Vita. Zipper titles MAG, SOCOM 4 and Unit 13 will continue to be supported, including the new Daily Challenges in Unit 13."

Our best wishes go out to all who were affected by the closure.

Our original story from Friday, March 23rd appears below...

Original Story

According to a rumor currently running on Kotaku, Sony-owned developer Zipper Interactive is being shut down.

Zipper Interactive was founded in 1995, and created games solely for Microsoft Windows until 2002. It was in that year that Zipper made a name for itself with its PlayStation 2-exclusive SOCOM: US Navy SEALs. In 2006, after a slew of SOCOM games on PS2 and PSP, Sony purchased the company and brought it into its first-party family.

Kotaku's rumor notes that the studio "is in the process of being shut down," and that while Sony "declined to comment on the matter" to them, they've "heard chatter for several days that Zipper was in the process of being hit with layoffs and a project cancellation. The scope of the layoffs appears to indicate a studio shutdown."

Such news, if true, isn't surprising given the performance of Zipper's recent releases. MAG, Zipper's 2010 PS3 release, had a loyal following but didn't sell exceptionally well. The next year, the studio released SOCOM 4 for PS3 right when the PlayStation Network went offline due to a hacker attack, proving to be hugely problematic for the sales of the online-centric game. Unit 13, the studio's most recent offering, is a PlayStation Vita-exclusive that we gave a 7.5.

We've reached out to Sony for official comment and were told that they "don't comment on rumors or speculation."
https://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221535p1.html

Anybody have this case? It reminds me of the Logitech one I used to have for my PSP (but not quite):

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Custom-Crystal-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B006X0KBY6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_T1?ie=UTF8&coliid=I4ZIL5WD2D3FL&colid=V5I3JIDMCT50"]https://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Custom-Crystal-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B006X0KBY6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_T1?ie=UTF8&coliid=I4ZIL5WD2D3FL&colid=V5I3JIDMCT50[/ame]

41Xt1Wry%2B6L.jpg

This is pretty cool if you are a pinball fan. I'm glad you pay once and don't have to pay for each version for PS3/Vita.

3D could be a pretty cool feature on the PS3.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...ming-spring-2012-for-playstation-and-ps-vita/

Zen Pinball 2 Coming Spring 2012 for PlayStation and PS Vita

You may have seen the announcement for Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles a few weeks ago, but it just so happens we have something extra special in store for PlayStation fans – Zen Pinball 2 is on the way, packed full of new features and all sorts of awesome bonuses, and it will release in conjunction with the new Marvel pack!

We have been listening to all of your feedback and have included many, many of your ideas into what is our most advanced and sophisticated pinball platform yet! There has been strong focus on keeping the community together, bringing all of your pinball tables under one roof, and then connecting the games across PS3 and Vita. If you are a pinball fan, this will be the ultimate pinball experience on PlayStation!

So, how will all of this work if you have purchased Zen Pinball or Marvel Pinball and any DLC? It’s going to be super easy! When Zen Pinball 2 releases, you will simply need to download and install a game update, and your game will be updated FREE of charge. All of your tables will appear in one location, they will have received updated ball physics and graphics, new trophies and a much deeper social experience including in game notifications, friend challenges and even posting scores to Facebook. This free update is our way of saying THANK YOU for supporting Zen Studios and allowing us to continue work on the game we love so much.

For those of you who are new to the game, Zen Pinball 2 will be a free platform download with trials available for every table. Simply download Zen Pinball 2, and you will have access to an amazing library of pinball tables including the brand new Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles pack, featuring tables based on Marvel’s ‘The Avengers’ Movie, ‘World War Hulk,’ ‘Fear Itself,’ and ‘The Infinity Gauntlet.’

I know you are all wondering about cross platform purchases. We are happy to announce that all content purchased for Zen Pinball 2 will playable on PlayStation 3 and PS Vita at no extra charge! You can enjoy the game at home on the couch and then take it with you on the go without having to pay twice.

There are a bunch of new features available in Zen Pinball 2, such as in game scoring notifications, friend challenges, posting scores to Facebook and amazing stereoscopic 3D. We have spent serious time perfecting this game and polishing every little aspect!

When you add it all up, there will be TWENTY SIX different pinball tables available day one for Zen Pinball 2! We will continue to support the game with regular DLC, and we have new brands that we are developing tables around, including a pinball table based on one of PopCap’s most popular franchises, and we have a ton of ideas for original designs.

Thanks for three fantastic years of support for Zen Pinball! We are looking forward to the next chapter with Zen Pinball 2.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lId90qSGkxs&hd=1[/ame]

Announced and showcased during Captivate was the Cross-Platform Play for the PS Vita system version of Street Fighter X Tekken which allows owners of the PS Vita system version to compete against owners of the PS3™ version anywhere in the world, via Wi-Fi or 3G. Other features confirmed for the PS Vita system version of Street Fighter X Tekken were the introduction of touch controls, local and Wi-Fi multiplayer plus Near functionality alongside all the content from the home console version.

Announced and showcased during Captivate was the Cross-Platform Play for the PS Vita system version of Street Fighter X Tekken which allows owners of the PS Vita system version to compete against owners of the PS3™ version anywhere in the world, via Wi-Fi or 3G. Other features confirmed for the PS Vita system version of Street Fighter X Tekken were the introduction of touch controls, local and Wi-Fi multiplayer plus Near functionality alongside all the content from the home console version.

Sounds pretty sweet and the vita has exclusive charcters I beleave.

Just a question fellas. What's the news regarding the 3G model in Canada?

I've search through the internet already & the closest I got was June 12 & I don't think it was from a reliable source. Any answers are much appreciated.

Back