1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are nice pictures of a great looking/accurate Chris Reeve HT figure (taken by Sidious-66 a few post above). The kids and i can't get enough of seeing him posing or in flight.

Another great pic. Can't get enough of him in flight!

I agree.. Wonderful figure. I probably tinker with this figure the most trying to find perfect poses for him. And I'm still amazed at how accurate the head sculpt is and how 'alive' the eyes are. Timeless and classic figure.

I know. I constantly look at the face on my Reeve figure and marvel at how realistic it looks.
awesome work on those man :clap will be really cool to see the lenses

Thanks. I will try and get around to it!

Going to be buying him soon, but I'm wondering, does anyone find the exclusive kyrptnoite worthwhile?

If you can't get the exclusive for a good price but are able to get the regular one, i can make you some Kryptonite.
I've made a bunch of it, in different colours.

A4A041BB-0822-4957-9ED0-CDCD3509412A.jpg

AA8B5A43-D5DD-4EBC-A794-62AC33CA68A0.jpg

49218BB0-F0AB-4F2A-BC5A-AC238C3D4BA1.jpg

D6815342-36AB-4679-A651-7F281F2AC825.jpg

12646495-7A2A-49A6-AE5E-DCCE93CC4C25.jpg

3F874E05-E74A-44B8-8BE5-B4FF9A05EB48.jpg

FBEF5628-460F-4D71-905E-F58B5730A839.jpg

3066769A-B5AF-4288-ABA0-E21A78F7E9A2.jpg

Finally got my hands on this. Received last night, bought from a fellow freak. I love it! :love

To celebrate, here is the obligatory crappy iPhone pic:

Supes.JPG

Looks good. Welcome to the club! This figure really comes alive when you nail the pose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shortened the flight pole on my display so that I could display him in flight without having to remove a detolf shelf. And that allowed me to keep him at the top of the flight pole so that his cape drapes properly. Just an idea that might work for you.

Some crappy iphone pics of my own!
pypu4ymy.jpg
duqyveze.jpg

Thanks for the tips Royce, he is currently sitting in my modded Detolf (three shelves for 1/4 scale scale stuff). Would be nice to get him to fit on a 1/6 scale shelf.

I snapped this quickly last night after I got everything out of the box and assembled the base, not had a chance to really work on the pose yet. I'll post more pics when I'm happy with the setup.

Wow, being reminded that this figure is MMS152 made me realize that HT's churning out new product launches faster than ever. It took 2 years and a month to launch 48 figures -- from this to MMS 200 MoS Superman, but only 9 months to launch 41 more from MMS201 to MMS 241 Winter Soldier!

Lol! I saw this last night. Somebody did an excellent job meshing the two videos together. The baseball blooper at the end is hilarious!

Not looking to spark a debat, just looking for some opinions.

Im trying to decide which Superman to get. This one or the Man of Steel on.

How do they compare, are they both great figs?

I grew up with the Reeves Superman. Saw the movie in the hteatre as a kid, so I have a affinty towards him and the movie.

Here's my dilemma.

I have a DX12 Batman. Been trying to find something to pair it with. Going all heroes so Joker 2.0 and the other villains are out. I'm not that impressed with the Selina figure. I dont want to put a lot of money into a Gordon figure plus the clothes to get him to look how I want. So I'm kind of stuck Dark Knight wise.

So I got to thinking maybe Bats/Supes pairing iwth some art to display above it. While the MoS figure looks real nice, I just wasnt impressed with the movie...it's just not my Superman.

So that got me thinking why not get the classical pairing of Reeves Supes, and Keaton Bats. But that means trading my DX12 plus cash for a DX 9 and tracking down a Reeves Superman, when I could just get as MoS superman and be done with it.

I suppose I could go Bale Batman and Reeves superman, but that just seems off to me.

And before anyone says just get both, I don't want a closet full of figs. I want one that I like that I feel best represents the character.

I guess it just comes to how much time and money I want to put into getting the display I want.

Alfred for Batman. Done. Or give Selina another consideration, it's actually a very nice figure.

IMO, pairing any current Superman with DX12 is going to look off, especially the Man of Steel as it's in a different scale.

Then get the Reeve Supermanand display him elsewhere because it's obviously more iconic for you. Mine is alone on a Detolf shelf. Personally, I loved the Man of Steel movie, but I won't be getting the MoS figure because of the scale issues and more importantly a real lack of additional display real-estate. :)

My Batman stuff lives in a Batman-themed cave - at the end of the year I'll add Alfred, Bruce Wayne and an armory to the same display.

Last edited:
If you have an affinity towards Reeve Superman and MoS does nothing for you then at least that half of the equation is solved. You have to go with the Reeve figure or you will never be completely happy with your display. Now pairing classic Supes is difficult. I had that same issue. And going No Villain makes it even more difficult. I ended up buying both versions of Superman and displaying them together! Lol.. Maybe do a Clark Kent to go with Reeve??

I had mine out for a while today. I think this is actually the first time I've totally taken him out (stripped the wrapping from his fists/belt, etc. it's just so much fun to take these photos. Unfortunately, my options were rather limited, since I didn't have a screwdriver to assemble the flight stand. Nevertheless, I had a good time experimenting with different close-ups and such. These are iPhone pics, so they're nothing special, and I'm sure the lens distortion's pretty bad:
9D189B0D-68BD-4D2A-BC6B-BB59297CAC89.jpg

07014FAE-CD95-4BBE-94DC-3975616F9DEE.jpg

BF19D86C-DA3F-42CA-95CE-69D1D8A83564.jpg

659052E2-D87E-439A-BEFA-579096B7971F.jpg

EE7B9ED3-13FA-4875-B9C4-09414DDC0326.jpg

BD350C32-AC75-495C-8406-895010CD8753.jpg

AAAD6803-5F36-4183-8E10-113724A61398.png

42599BAC-9D13-49E9-A946-138A0C48841C.jpg

Back