Who lives in your backyard?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peanut. :)

Attachments

• 01202016.jpg
    01202016.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 64
A large fly landed on Mr. Green finger, in the kitchen. No need for pics since it won't compete with a dragonfly or peacock and such. No worries, Mr. Green humanely trap it in a plastic grocery bag and released it outside, LOL. This the season for high temperature and flies.

Here's my doorman who guards my garage door.

P7070026.jpg
P7070027.jpg
P7070028.jpg
P7070029.jpg
P7070030.jpg
P7070031.jpg
P7070032.jpg
P7070033.jpg
P7070034.jpg
P7070035.jpg
P7070038.jpg

For you budding entomologists, Parasteatoda tepidariorum would be the name you know.

If it got a black color and a little red on its back maybe, and it could be a black widow....that spider is scary looking.

Well, they are both part of the Theridiidae family. Black widows being part of the Latrodectinae genera, whereas the one up top is from Parasteatoda.

It's a big family. You'll see tons of these all over the world. Basically if it makes a cobweb, it's part of that same family.

Nothing to worry about though. They're great for pest control. The one up top is even known as the common house spider. You probably have some living in your walls right now! And if you didn't, you'd suddenly notice a lot of pests running around instead. They have a great temperament, and aren't likely to bite at all. In fact, it's been noted that you literally have to squeeze them just to get them to bite you as they are so docile.

I love spiders! I haven't seen many around my house this year, but it's been so rainy. I do have a couple in my basement though along the pipes. They make tunnel webs. I just leave them alone.

Was walking along the trial between a river and a canal and a green frog just jump along the grass, toward Mr. Green. Weird it just stopped in the clearing, like its looking at Mr. Green. Came within 2 feet to take a pic but damn, press wrong button and it got away.

And that's why I'll see you next time you come HERE again. :lol

Don't feed him hunny. He'll never leave.

:lol I might go back in September. The old man turns 85. I don't want to go, but the kids should see their grandfather, again. I will let you know when.

He tried to get the duck eggs that were over there. I guess he has killed some chickens in the area, too.

Leave him some honey.

The neighbors two doors down keep bees, but I don't think the bear got into their honey. :lol

Don't leave any Timothy Treadwell laying around either.

:lol

That bear gives no ****s.

Apparently, it leaves them.

Back