Who lives in your backyard?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The newest arrivals to join the desert managerie that is my back yard.

DSC00965.jpg

I'm not so sure I would like to visit your backyard.

I'm not so sure I would like to visit your backyard.

LOL...I was concerned at first with AHB's setting up residence around here like they have. But at least these guys don't seem to be Africanized. They are pretty docile. I was able to get within about ten feet of them as I was watering my wife's fruit trees. I am actually glad they are here. I am sure they moved in because of my wife's mini orchard. And they are good for the fruit trees. So as long as the worst that happens is that they bump into me and bounce off like they were ealier, I welcome them.

Of course, I will be monitoring the situation very closely as my three kids are definitaly not going to be put in danger for them.

Oh, and by the way...one thing that was really cool to me was seeing the bees doing their direction dance after having seen it on TV 20 times. So when I actually saw them doing it in person and I knew why they were doing it...I was stoked that I could teach my kids about that.

I know...the simple things...:)

Oh, and by the way...one thing that was really cool to me was seeing the bees doing their direction dance after having seen it on TV 20 times. So when I actually saw them doing it in person and I knew why they were doing it...I was stoked that I could teach my kids about that.

I know...the simple things...:)

If they're honey bees, they won't bother you much because they only sting as the last resort because they can only sting once and they'll die. We have a lot of those around my house, but I haven't seen a swarm of those. If you don't want them there, you can call someone and they'll remove them. Not kill them, but move them. I don't know about where you are, but killing honey bees here is a big NO NO because of so many dying off to disease the last few years. Very nice pic of them!

If they're honey bees, they won't bother you much because they only sting as the last resort because they can only sting once and they'll die. We have a lot of those around my house, but I haven't seen a swarm of those. If you don't want them there, you can call someone and they'll remove them. Not kill them, but move them. I don't know about where you are, but killing honey bees here is a big NO NO because of so many dying off to disease the last few years. Very nice pic of them!

Yeah, I have seen on TV about the massive die-off of bees. So along with the fact these are not aggressive and are good for our fruit trees, that gets them a pass to hang out as long as they will.

For the last few days, I've had a Robin who has smacked against my windows on the one side of the house repeatedly. He flies up to the window feet first, like he's attacking it. I've gone out to shoo him off and even got the dog after him but as soon as I go back inside he starts it up again, like he's obsessed! I was in bed this morning and he started in at dawn. If I open the window, he just beats against the screen. Very weird. :lol

Back