Statue HCG - Rocky Balboa 1/4 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Stallone to me. :dunno

But honestly, I prefer the classic Rocky look in sweats, even though the facial expression is meh.

These Rocky statues from Hollywood Collectibles look really good, but this forum is very hard to please, the one thing that always works for me is to go against what others think here and just purchase what ever I like, some of the figs and statues that received the most hate here end up being collectibles that I love. To each his own.

These Rocky statues from Hollywood Collectibles look really good, but this forum is very hard to please, the one thing that always works for me is to go against what others think here and just purchase what ever I like, some of the figs and statues that received the most hate here end up being collectibles that I love. To each his own.

Hmm, I've noticed that many people here are very partial to Hot Toys—like Hot Toys' s_ _ t don't stink—and they also seem to have a thing against HCG.

Last edited:
While there is a favor towards Hot Toys around here, it's not so much the company, as many who love their product hate the company, it's favor for their style.

Hot Toys, Enterbay, Blitzway and some others, strive for photo-realism in their products, they want collectors to feel like they have a 3D image of their favorite character on their desk.

For the majority here, that's what they're into and after, so anything falling short doesn't work for them, but the problem really lies in the fact that many are vocal towards other products as trash.

Yes, Sideshow and HCG pieces don't hit the photo-realistic mark that Hot Toys hits, but, they don't deserve the criticism they get because they're not aiming for it, they're into a more classical, artsy look that still captures likeness and character but doesn't have to look like a living person.

Personally, I like both. Yes, the Sideshow Rambo 2 PF isn't a life-like Stallone piece, but, I think it's overally more badass and cool look and enjoy owing it more than the life-like Rambo 3 1/4 scale bust Hot Toys made.

HCG's Stallone pieces look like him, the ones I reject are based on pose or proportion. I wasn't a fan of the Rocky 6 statue Edinho did because of his head size, just looks too small for the body to me, but the actual sculpt looks great, if the proportions suited me more, I might have really gone after it, or if it was mass produced and half the price I might have bit. I don't like the HCG Rocky 3-4 1/6 statue for the pose, even though the sculpt looks great, just doesn't embody Rocky to me. The 1/4 scale is great, but just doesn't fit in my budget. The Rocky 1 1/6 is nicely done, but just not a moment I care about owning.

That Rocky 6 statue is great, I thought the same thing, about the undersized head, but when you get it in hand, it looks fantastic, the only problem I had with it is Maga made the base out of plastic, for what I paid you would've thought the base would be made out of heavyweight polystone. I agree with you on the Sideshow Rambo PF, it's not a spot on likeness, but I know who it is, and if you're looking for a good Rambo First Blood II collectible, which there aren't many to choice from, this isn't a bad option.

I see four sellers on Ebay have the HCG 1/4 Rocky III statue in stock now, anyone getting it? I still haven't seen any pics of it, just the pre order pics, I asked Secret Compass if I could at least see a pic of it and they said they couldn't open one to do that, that all you have to go on is the pre production pictures, I wonder why they don't have any finished product pictures? You would think by posting some finished pics that it would improve the sales of the statue.

I see four sellers on Ebay have the HCG 1/4 Rocky III statue in stock now, anyone getting it? I still haven't seen any pics of it, just the pre order pics, I asked Secret Compass if I could at least see a pic of it and they said they couldn't open one to do that, that all you have to go on is the pre production pictures, I wonder why they don't have any finished product pictures? You would think by posting some finished pics that it would improve the sales of the statue.

Im curious to see this too. But showing pictures of the finished product would do anything but help the sales, Im betting the paint apps are pretty bad.

i pick mine up yesterday... dont feel like taking photos though, cos it exactly looks like the proto.. paint job are so2.. HCG paint standard.. face paint job is really rough, similar to rambo 1/4 HCG.. looks better 1-2 meter away, not 10 cm away..

here u go..... judge for yourself, either you like it or you dont, i have no regret buying this one for now... except when sideshow make similar one with much better paint job and sculpt..

12.jpg

11.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1-1.jpg

I just got this statue last week, in hands it looks a lot better then the pictures you took. I have all of Maga's Rocky and Rambo HCG statues. I rate this one an 8.5 very good, not great, it is better then the sideshow Rambo PF. The best Rocky statue Maga has done for HCG is the Clubber statue, that one is still available on ebay, that statue has a spot on likeness to Mr. T. The limited edition Rocky Balboa statue that Maga sold private is still his best work, that statue gets a lot of hate here, but it's one of those collectibles that looks amazingly better when you have it in hands. I know these HCG statues are hit and miss but am a huge Rocky fan and you rarely see anything made for Rocky these days, so when something comes along I try not to judge it to hard and just say thank god someone decided to make a Rocky collectible.

Btw are you getting the Rocky In Sweats statue? That one is coming out in mid June. I just talked to Maga and he said that he's going to be selling another limited edition Rocky statue throw him only. It's going to be street Rocky Balboa in the jacket and hat. I don't know what scale it's going to be and price, I just sent him a message about it, so I'll let you know when he gets back to me.

Still thinking about the sweats..., street rocky balboa with jacket n hat? That is so epic, i definitely will buy it when available.. No second thought whatsoever..

It looks okay. The sculpt is pretty decent, but the paint apps do look pretty bad for the price.

Monsters in Motion has this for $200. That's a pretty good price. I love Rocky. I argue with people about how great the movie is. That being said, this is a pretty piss poor statue. I guess my standards for Rocky are too high and wont allow me to buy this. Still, $200 is a good deal.

Back