NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking the first Ripley we see will actually be from Alien, no? I know that's what was announced with all the 35th anniversary information. I would assume then that NECA would do a second version for the Power Loader?

Not releasing (or at least showing) the Alien Ripley in the 35th anniversary year of Alien would seem like a bit of an own-goal. But, here we are heading into the second half of the year, and other than announcing the likeness rights, nuthin'

I'm hoping that will change soon :) They've got the rights and we know the Aliens Powerloader is coming (which as you say, ultimately means Aliens Ripley too).. the other shoe must drop!

I had a moment of weakness at the beginning of the week and ordered a 35th Anniversary Alien from NECA directly. It was either that or the Revoltech version.

It was - seemingly - the wrong choice. And it reminds me why I can't afford to keep throwing my money away on NECA products no matter how enticing the promo pictures look. Aside from the opening high (quite literal here - I'd get less fumes working in a paint store, which is frightening to think about...), the figure is... bad. The usual flimsy material - just trying to gently move the joints loose stresses certain areas to the point where I have to stop. My Alien's jaw and entire right leg are twisted and deformed (Not just the attachment, but it looks like it was pulled from the mold before curing, thereby distorting the shape), and there appears to be 2 air bubbles in the dried glue used to attach the dome. This is nuts. I must have bad luck here, but even so - how do you guys keep buying this stuff? :cuckoo:

I was all excited to see Kane and Dallas figures, but this is a no-go for me anymore. :mad:

I actually got two near-perfect ones.
One had a bit of a wobbly jaw, on the other I had to re-glue the dome. Both had somewhat stuck joints, but hot water helped without any breakage issues. Both also had slightly warped right legs IIRC, but, again, hot water did the trick. One is in storage, and I fear it'll be all warped when I take it out again, but the other one is standing right next to me on my desk.

I have probably 20 NECA figures from different lines (Predator, Alien, RoboCop, TMNT, etc) and, of all those figures, I have only had serious issues with 1 figure. One of my blue Xenomorph Warrior figures has such loose knee and toe joints that he just will not stand without some sort of support. Other than that, all of my other figures from them have been fine. Sure there are small imperfections here or there, but nothing serious. Guess I've just been lucky.

In my experience, more often than not, the aliens have at least one warped leg. Warped jaws are also pretty common. Then there's the usual paint issues. If you're buying online you're totally reliant on luck with all these things.

I still like the figures because of the sculpts and the fact that NECA has made characters and variants of characters that I thought were never gonna happen.

I altered my buying strategy to just one of each, even if it's an army builder. I don't want an army of warped, wonky aliens cluttering my shelves. Just one of each version will do and I'll be initially irritated by the issues before moving on. Its not gonna change no matter what factory they use.

I have a problem with clutter anyways, so I'm really doing myself a favor. I might have 'especially bad NECA Karma'... I don't know. I've cancelled my pre-order of the NECA Dog Alien as well. I think I died a little inside - I mean THE DOG ALIEN! :yess:

:(

Not for me. I loved it in the movie, but that doesn't mean I need little crappy plastic reproductions of it littering my shelf. It's 'minimalist or bust' for me. Now how to get rid of all my Series 1 unopened Aliens... Oy. :slap

I just warned the wife I am getting two queens. One in the box and one out, but the space is the problem
Holy grail figure for me
So she does come with a stand?

I just warned the wife I am getting two queens. One in the box and one out, but the space is the problem
Holy grail figure for me
So she does come with a stand?

Yes she does. Read the press release

the bone colored teeth rather than clear.....or at least a white/blue paint to make them appear abit clear. i cant help but nitpick that detail on the new queen. other than that its great IMO.

NECA has to nail the sculpt for Ripley, it's arguably their biggest and most sought after human character ever and she needs to be perfect. Their top guy should be in charge of doing it.

NECA has to nail the sculpt for Ripley, it's arguably their biggest and most sought after human character ever and she needs to be perfect. Their top guy should be in charge of doing it.

Agreed! But they did a good job on Hudson and Hicks so hopefully Ripley will be a Knockout Figure!

I received my genocide 2 pack from BBTS a few days ago. These new warrior aliens look cool and have a lot of articulation, but I'm not impressed with their joints in the least. I really hope the queen alien does not have the same issues as these figures do.

In this week's Fangoria Toys of Terror column, they ran this new (?) photo of the Queen

ega2ahud.jpg

UPDATE: disregard, they used the wrong photo

Last edited:
Back