NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really looking forward to the spacesuit Ripley but this isn’t really doing it for me. Kane on the other hand looks awesome! The Dog looks a little small but everything else about it is great and it’s the one I am looking forward to the most outside of the deluxe Queen.

As far as this years sdcc Alien offerings go hot toys Alien Ripley is the stand out piece for me.

SDCC-2014-NECA-Alien-003.jpg

Dunno who this is supposed to be. The HT one isn't perfect by a long shot, but I'm feeling that one much more than this.

Dog Alien is all kinds of beautiful, though. They really need to get on those 1/4 Xenos. Give me the first three Aliens in that size and NECA can even keep their Queen. I mean it. A 1/4 Xeno line would be that good.

I'll admit, it's more of a caricature of Weaver, but for what it is (a $15 toy), I prefer it. Atleast it doesn't look like a generic head with pubes.

As for Jonesy, both of NECAs are better than Hot Toys'. No joke!

I really like Kane and Dallas. I'll probably pass on the HT Ripley in favor of the NECA versions. They aren't perfect, but I can get a full set of the Alien NECA figures cheaper than one HT figure.

Well, damn, seems I was wrong, I thought NECA might achieve a better likeness but it looks like neither HT or NECA has truly nailed it.
Is Sigourney Weaver gonna be the Harrison Ford of female actors when it comes to likenesses? (where you'd think it'd be an easy one to get right but no one ever does)

What NECA does have over the HT ones is sculpted hair that better resembles the sit of her hair upon her head.

Is it weird that this looks more like Stallone than Weaver?

:rotfl

Damn, I have to say, exactly what I was thinking. They need to swap the heads between their Rambo's and their Ripleys!:lol

Weird thing is, NECA and Hot Toys probably negotiated out the wazoo to obtain that "likeness". Hell, NECA hyped it up. But they did it for those heads? I dunno.

It'd be like after they got Nicholson for Joker or Weller for Robocop and they just put out a meh, wishy washy likeness (or lack thereof).

I'll admit, it's more of a caricature of Weaver, but for what it is (a $15 toy), I prefer it. Atleast it doesn't look like a generic head with pubes.

As for Jonesy, both of NECAs are better than Hot Toys'. No joke!

Yup. The cat looks like a cat, and totally agree that, tho quite caricatured, NECA's sculpt looks closer to SW at this point.

Pretty clear both NECA & HT still have work to do to get the likenesses signed orf, it'll all be fine...

Weird thing is, NECA and Hot Toys probably negotiated out the wazoo to obtain that "likeness". Hell, NECA hyped it up. But they did it for those heads? I dunno.

It'd be like after they got Nicholson for Joker or Weller for Robocop and they just put out a meh, wishy washy likeness (or lack thereof).

Its been the biggest disappointment of SDCC 2014. Yes we've finally got new Ripley figures....and not a single one actually looks like her, even though they now have the likeness rights. For an actor who had been notoriously protective of her likeness for so many years....just very disappointing.

I thought both companies would nail it with their very first sculpts for some reason, I don't know why. I was wrong.

I thought both companies would nail it with their very first sculpts for some reason, I don't know why. I was wrong.

Ha, I'd have been more surprised if they had :) Weaver has a very... striking appearance, especially so back then. Tbh these are about as close as I might expect a first pass; they're hardly atrocious, but they've got a fair bit of work to do.

I've seen custom Weaver heads which people rave about which personally I'd say are no less inaccurate.

Clearly neither group of sculptors had been practising for this most elusive of licences :lol. Biggest worry is Weaver finally sees em & goes, FFS... and that does for it

SDCC-2014-NECA-Alien-003.jpg

Dunno who this is supposed to be. The HT one isn't perfect by a long shot, but I'm feeling that one much more than this.

Dog Alien is all kinds of beautiful, though. They really need to get on those 1/4 Xenos. Give me the first three Aliens in that size and NECA can even keep their Queen. I mean it. A 1/4 Xeno line would be that good.

yeah the more i stare at this the less it looks like her.
this eally doesn't look like her a t all

I'm down for the b****ing approach. Now's the time for critiques. The sooner we spam, the more opportunities they'll have to change things. That goes for both HT and NECA.

Ha, I'd have been more surprised if they had :) Weaver has a very... striking appearance, especially so back then. Tbh these are about as close as I might expect a first pass; they're hardly atrocious, but they've got a fair bit of work to do.

I've seen custom Weaver heads which people rave about which personally I'd say are no less inaccurate.

Clearly neither group of sculptors had been practising for this most elusive of licences :lol. Biggest worry is Weaver finally sees em & goes, FFS... and that does for it

See, the fact that she is striking in appearance is why I thought it'd be pretty easy to capture her likeness, her jawline and the shape of her mouth and so on. Hasn't seemed to pan out that way. I mean this could be Bob Geldof's head on an ''Alien'' Ripley's body really....

I'm down for the b****ing approach. Now's the time for critiques. The sooner we spam, the more opportunities they'll have to change things. That goes for both HT and NECA.

Agreed sir. NECA's one here isn't completely bereft of resemblance. The dimensions of the face seem better than HT. The HT sculpts look overly longfaced. And yet this one, one still can't help but think of Stallone and Bob Geldof :lol

See, the fact that she is striking in appearance is why I thought it'd be pretty easy to capture her likeness, her jawline and the shape of her mouth and so on. Hasn't seemed to pan out that way. I mean this could be Bob Geldof's head on an ''Alien'' Ripley's body really....

:rotfl I name this proto "Bob" Ripley.

Back