NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100% or not, they're still the best 7" Rambo figures ever made and more accurate to Sly than Hot Toys ever was, I look forward to these coming out.

Yepppp, just opened survival rambo today and he's a great fig. Not sure why Dutch (rightly) gets so much praise but this one seemed to be overlooked

Yepppp, just opened survival rambo today and he's a great fig. Not sure why Dutch (rightly) gets so much praise but this one seemed to be overlooked

Not sure how many people got that one. Unfortunately I can only buy 1 figure from each movie, so I had to pass on the survival version and i just got the first version, which compared to at least Rocky 4, as that's the only other modern human i have from NECA, it's subpar. I can't judge Dutch well as I've never seen him in person, and in photos at least, survival Rambo looks to improve some flaws in the first figure. I think a lot of folks would prefer the poncho with the bandana head from the first figure.

I have both figures and I think both look great. I think NECA will do a better job with these though.

NECA said there might be 2-3 Rambos from First Blood Part II. Don't know if I should wait to see who they all are before picking up the first. I bet there's going to be one of him covered with slugs and mud, or an angry face variation in the green wife beater.

This. Sometimes I feel like a bit of a d*ck complaining and feeling like a company "owes" me or whatever, but when you look at the alien and pred displays which have between them, over 10 figures, powerloader and a freakin SHIP and for this they wheel a out a half assed proto that they've been working on for months. They haven't even shown the other figure in the line (with the bow). At the end of the day we are the people that will be buying the thing and it's hard to appreciate a company making a product when they don't really try and sell it to you. It smacks of "this doesn't really make us much money so here you go, take or leave it"

There's definitely favoritism at NECA, and Rambo sadly is just one of those lines that move the chain. The first two Rambos were pretty awful. I can only imagine some poor sculptor/alien/predator fanboy at NECA being completely disgusted having drawn the short straw and having to sculpt them.

Not much new but a photo from CTR's coverage.

Toy-Fair-2014-NECA-015.jpg

Even they have little love for Rambo, 1 pic when others get multiples.

NECA announces that their next RAMBO figure will be based on Rambo: First Blood Part II and will include 3 pairs of hands, AK-47 Rifle with Strap, Rocket Launcher with Rocket, & Grenades (this figure follows the heavy machine gun/ red bandana version shown at Toy Fair).

Yeah, sounds like black head band from the first part of the movie is up first, I'm holding out for red bandana from later.

I can only afford 1 per movie so I'm holding out for the red bandana, though I wish I could get the black version too.

Back