Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a counterfeit version of this statue on the market??

IDK, but it wouldn't be a good piece to counterfeit IMO. If someone were going to replicate a statue I'd imagine they'd go for a Doom PF, or another high dollar piece.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Moreover, they wouldn't take the efforts to bootleg a mixed media statue. IMO, a fully sculpted one is much easier to replicate.

Just got this again... I sent my other one back to SSC after Coat-gate but decided I missed it too much.

Such a great piece and looks so good in my collection.

:)

Just got this again... I sent my other one back to SSC after Coat-gate but decided I missed it too much.

Such a great piece and looks so good in my collection.

:)
I'm glad it went to a good home. It truly is a great piece to have in any collection. :)

Yeah I should have added that I got this from fellow freak ApeManRyan... One of the best sellers I have delt with. Thanks!

Why thank you! Enjoy the piece man. I'll miss it but I'm happy it went to a good home.

Is there a counterfeit version of this statue on the market??

A seller from Hong Kong on Ebay is selling a handful of this statue, the EX of it. For 350$....I thought about it for a while, but said to myself that it would not be likely by this kind of high-end statues.
So i bought The Terminator from this seller. I got it today, and.....the statue is wiggly, the hands are loose, the jacket sticks to the statue like it is glued, the whole thing is light weight. Also the EX head red eye is painted like it is used a red marker dots!
It is nr 173 of 750, so if someone got this number.........

Yes both outer and inner box is/should be original.
I took out the base, thought it was a tad too light, so as the statue. Hands and jacket weird, but the EX head made me really think something may not be quite right. It is just too bad painted. Maybe it is an standard version. Stickers put on by counterfeiter? Head sculpted and painted? Just speculating....

Sorry only have my phone cameraView attachment 122954

I have other statues that have wiggly hands (those with magnet attachement), but when the machine gun is pointing notibly downwards, it is a fail. Know some have complained about this.

So anyone know if some sideshow statues have been counterfeited in the past?

Sigh...then it probably is. Oh well, it is a d##n good counterfeit. I paid a total of 420$ i slipped away from customs:pray: so i am not too upset.
I could have waited and got lucky on ebay.

Sigh...then it probably is. Oh well, it is a d##n good counterfeit. I paid a total of 420$ i slipped away from customs:pray: so i am not too upset.
I could have waited and got lucky on ebay.

I'd be pissed if someone screwed me out of $420. Like flying to China to find the guy and shove the statue up his a$$ pissed.

Hahaha yeah maybe i am taking it too lightly. If placed high up in the shelf, it won`t matter, can not tell the difference.
Gonna contact seller for sure though.

I should have known. 3 EX from same seller sold past 2-3 months. And now a week after i bought mine, seller list another.
I knew something was fishy, but did it anyway:duh

I would call my credit card if it was me and tell them I received a counterfeit item if they stated that it is sideshow and its not.
Counterfeit items is a valid reason for a charge back.

Might be able to get the regular version for around $350 second hand. Good deal?

I'm late to the party but I finally got this piece, an opportunity presented itself and I could resist no more. I remember first seeing this as a pre production drawing years ago and my initial thoughts were that of anger, they screwed up the pose, he was all twisted up in a flamboyant belay pose. Well things changed and time has passed, They changed the pose on this for the better. It's an excellent sculpt, pose and overall appearance. I was initially waiting for the Hot Toys 1/4 version but upon seeing their attempt at the 1/6 I'm happy with my choice. That being said I still might purchase their 1/4 if it ever gets released! I haven't been too impressed with Sideshow's releases lately, don't order much from them anymore. As most collectors are aware there standards have been taking a Big dive lately. Sculpt, pose and paint. I hope that changes, but with this piece I'll give credit where credit is due. Well done Sideshow, although a little late.

I got mine today and just LOVE it. The production piece looks so much better than the Sideshow photos IMO. I had no interest in this piece when I saw the Sideshow photos but saw it in someone's collection thread and knew I had to have it. Awesome piece for sure, best Arnold to date, that's for sure. Love it that it's Terminator 1 Arnie too, looking like a total badass. :) One of the best PFs for sure.

Back