NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Folks,

Just thought I would post some pics of my Neca 1/4 scale Dutch with minor modifications.

I darkened his beard and added more camo paint as per the movie, also added shading/dirt to his arms, hands and boots.

Also considering whether or not to repaint the offset eyes.

Anyone know where I can get some cheap 1/4 scale human skulls in the UK?

DSCN2622.JPG
DSCN2636.JPG
DSCN2635.JPG

As it looks really unlikely we will see anymore of Dutch's squad in the 7" line I'm thinking of selling off the the four I have and picking the 1/4 scale one for a nicer display option

Is the stock fig worth it? Some of the repaints here are great but I just don't have the skill for that

Finally picked up the NECA 1/4 City Hunter and Jungle Hunter preds and they are MASSIVE. So awesome. The only problem is I am very fearful that they will fall over. They both seem to be pretty stable, but I don't want to accidentally bump my shelf and have them take a dive to the floor. I remember hearing/reading that NECA was going to be releasing some stands for their 1/4 figures, but now I can't seem to find any recent information. Are they still planning on releasing 1/4 stands or are there any good third party stands that can be used to keep these big guys a bit more secure?

Finally picked up the NECA 1/4 City Hunter and Jungle Hunter preds and they are MASSIVE. So awesome. The only problem is I am very fearful that they will fall over. They both seem to be pretty stable, but I don't want to accidentally bump my shelf and have them take a dive to the floor. I remember hearing/reading that NECA was going to be releasing some stands for their 1/4 figures, but now I can't seem to find any recent information. Are they still planning on releasing 1/4 stands or are there any good third party stands that can be used to keep these big guys a bit more secure?

I wouldn't wait for NECA's stands. turtle pointed me towards these stands and they've worked great!

https://www.dollardays.com/i691442-wholesale-doll-stand-9-5-.html

they're metal, have decent weight to them and the base is very thin and low profile and does not great a plateau effect like some other stands. My 19-20" Preds & NECA-McFarlane figures will no longer fall over on their own. I spray painted mine black and sealed so they don't stand out as much...get it? stand out as much? :slap

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

I got the Unmasked city hunter recently , And everything moves good, the arm joints and the knees are okay.

Now the legs move fowards and back with no problem, one leg is kind of loose, But My problem with the figure is that they wont move sideways at all, the ball joint where it is supposed to let the predator open his legs to the sides is completely stuck.

Is that normal? I tried to force it a little bit and it just felt like it was going to break, I am fine with the legs to being able to open wide, but i was just wondering.

I bought the Masked city hunter a year ago but I regretted buying it from the beginning and never opened it, But now that I have the unmasked predator I am just going to try to sell the masked one on craiglist or something, Im not even going to try to get the 100 bucks I paid for it, Im just going to see what i get offered for it, I just really like the unmasked version a lot more

I got the Unmasked city hunter recently , And everything moves good, the arm joints and the knees are okay.

Now the legs move fowards and back with no problem, one leg is kind of loose, But My problem with the figure is that they wont move sideways at all, the ball joint where it is supposed to let the predator open his legs to the sides is completely stuck.

Is that normal? I tried to force it a little bit and it just felt like it was going to break, I am fine with the legs to being able to open wide, but i was just wondering.

I bought the Masked city hunter a year ago but I regretted buying it from the beginning and never opened it, But now that I have the unmasked predator I am just going to try to sell the masked one on craiglist or something, Im not even going to try to get the 100 bucks I paid for it, Im just going to see what i get offered for it, I just really like the unmasked version a lot more
Thats good to hear,i just ordered the 1/4 Unmasked CH but i probably wont take him out of package, glad to hear he looks good in person.I actually have the masked CH opened,i like him,i dont think i could give him up,i like my Preds too much lol.But yeah def. not enough room to display them all opened unfortunately.

I just wonder if I should just leave the legs alone or try to use some heat to lose the joint or something. But then I started to wonder if the heat will affect the fishnet and maybe break it.

It shouldn't break the netting. I have the heating trick on almost all of my NECA quarter Preds. Just heat the part that
is stuck then once its warm slowly move it to the direction you want. Just little by little should do the work. Good luck!

So I have decided to invest in a 1/4 scale stand (X2) for my NECA 1/4 P1 Predator also because I have a NECA 1/4 Keaton Batman coming so I was wondering if someone here would point me in the right direction, UK based preferably?

I have seen these ones on eBay UK -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THREE-BRAND-NEW-TOP-QUALITY-WOOD-METAL-ADJUSTABLE-DOLL-DOLLS-TEDDY-STANDS-/281046355687

But to be honest I'm not really fond of the wood base but I do know that you can get the plastic ones, thanks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fibre-Craft-FC4379-Doll-Stand-9-5/dp/B00369VZ92

Thanks pal.

Just to be safe is that the right size?

2391253-500px_predatorhk94chopped_5.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
anytime...

these metal fibre craft stands come in 3 sizes, 5.5 inches, 7.5 inches and 9.5 inches.

You want the 9.5 inchers. you have to slightly extend the metal arms and they will fit around the preds waist, securely holding them on your shelf.

now get to the choppa!

I cant stand doll stands. I just make my own out of wood. Its easy and more manly.

Heres one under my 1/4 Robocop..

attachment.php

I buy wood boards from Lowes to cut into squares.
A pack of wooden Dowels from Hobby Lobby. https://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/3/4-x-12-wooden-dowel-value-pack-738096/
Pre-drill holes for the screw.
Put it together & paint.

I drill a hole at the top of the dowel and use the ties that come with the 1/4 figures to hold them by the waist. Pretty simple. ;)

You guys think we will ever get a re-release of the P1 Predator or hell even a Scar Predator from AVP in 1/4? As I want to get the p1 Predator but his prices are insane...

View attachment 100971
View attachment 100973
anytime...

these metal fibre craft stands come in 3 sizes, 5.5 inches, 7.5 inches and 9.5 inches.

You want the 9.5 inchers. you have to slightly extend the metal arms and they will fit around the preds waist, securely holding them on your shelf.

now get to the choppa!

:duff

I bought two from eBay last night (1/4 Bats and P1 Pred).

Thanks buddy.

Back