Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, sadly the only reason I was even able to convince myself to dump the money on this guy, was the simply as a future project to update the armor. As everything on him...character, size, pose, etc... is all really cool. But his paint app does suffer when compared to the price tag.

Well, I finally did it. Finally "repainted" my Sauron with next to no painting experience! I'm pretty much in love, although I may add a few more things here and there but I am blown away with how he looks now. Wish I had something other than a damn iphone to shoot with though!

sauronrepaint_zps89141e00.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I finally did it. Finally "repainted" my Sauron with next to no painting experience! I'm pretty much in love, although I may add a few more things here and there but I am blown away with how he looks now. Wish I had something other than a damn iphone to shoot with though!

Looks great eppitaph!:clap I might have to repaint mine one of these days.

Thanks guys! It feels weird calling it a repaint as all i really did was dry brush a couple different shades of black. It was pretty fun! I didn't get the best lighting on that pic but when it has just the right amount of natural light it looks incredible...amazing contrast.

Thanks guys! It feels weird calling it a repaint as all i really did was dry brush a couple different shades of black. It was pretty fun! I didn't get the best lighting on that pic but when it has just the right amount of natural light it looks incredible...amazing contrast.

That explains why it did not look like a repaint. The helm looks better, can't tell much about the rest.

My Sauron has shipped and will arrive Thursday! :panic: This is a bit of a surprise because just last week I was told that my last flex would still be processed on schedule April 25th but Sauron wasn't actually supposed to arrive to their warehouse & ship until approx. May 8th. I got my final invoice Saturday, but no separate tracking e-mail as of yet.:dunno I happened to check my SS account this morning and saw that he shipped on Friday.:yess: I can't wait to see Sauron in person and now the rush is on to figure out if I will be able to make room to display him with the ML and DR or if the rider will have to be boxed up.

Sauron # 163 (kinda surprised at the low number at this point) has arrived and yeah, he's pretty awesome! I did end up with one of the more heavy-handed paint jobs, but the size and detail more than make up for it - plus it will hardly be noticeable in my dimly lit basement. I think if angled just right, he might fit with the ML & DR. :pray:

Sauron # 163 (kinda surprised at the low number at this point) has arrived and yeah, he's pretty awesome! I did end up with one of the more heavy-handed paint jobs, but the size and detail more than make up for it - plus it will hardly be noticeable in my dimly lit basement. I think if angled just right, he might fit with the ML & DR. :pray:

Congrats Nazgul King!:duff That is kind of crazy you got #163 this late in the game who knows why. IMO he does look better in dimmer light so your basement should work nicely. Defiantly try and squeeze him in with your ML & DR if possible, I think they really look great side by side.
Post some pics if you have a chance.

Congrats Nazgul King!:duff That is kind of crazy you got #163 this late in the game who knows why. IMO he does look better in dimmer light so your basement should work nicely. Defiantly try and squeeze him in with your ML & DR if possible, I think they really look great side by side.
Post some pics if you have a chance.

Thanks, Yeah I'm gonna do whatever I can to make that display happen. I'll get some pics posted eventually. :duff

Thanks, Yeah I'm gonna do whatever I can to make that display happen. I'll get some pics posted eventually. :duff
gratz...it wont be too hard to do...dark background and low level lighting from the front will max it out in regards to the good looks dept

Well if anyone California freaks want to buy this from me..go ahead and PM me! :monkey2

Back