Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I will wait another week or two to see if this thing goes up for any bonuses. I will pick it up soon though! I do not want to miss out on such a amazing statue of this character which probably wont be seen from SS again for many years with the way people have talked about in this thread.

Sooooo....going through everything people have said, and looking at the pictures I just could not wait any longer on this piece! I do not want to miss out on such a huge statue of a great character.

Sauronorder.jpg

I have wanted to pull the trigger on this guy for a long time, but the chance has never come up with so many items on PO I was flexing. I got a small 2-3 month window now since so many of my pieces have been delayed this year. So begins the agonizing wait, and hope he survives the perils of shipping, and gets to my house safe!

I know I would regret it if I did not get this one.

Congrats! Sauron is my favorite piece I own! Not the most detailed, not the most dynamic, but it has the most presence and is the most fun to come down the stairs and look at every day.

Congrats! He is easily SS best piece ever (IMO) and one of the best Middle-earth pieces ever done as well. :rock

I kinda enjoy the glow effect on his armor from the lava, I have a display idea in my head with a orange LED light and stand. I will post pictures when I get him, and have the display setup. He is so big he is gonna have his own spot in my collection.

I also noticed most people selling are LOCAL pickup or are out of the country. I would love to pick one up for some of the prices people are offering, but nothing in my area.

Just be careful with him in the beginning. Parts of his base are VERY fragile.

I can go right now and tap some of the pieces and watch them move/bend.

Sauron pushed me into wanting larger scale pieces.

Yeah the skeleton rib cage is particularly fragile on the base. And the ends of the scepter will break if you aren't careful with them.

Thanks for the tips guys...I'm worried about shipping through UPS ATM. I will worry about my own handling when it passes the UPS test first.

Does anyone have this and the Weta Barad Dur? Would love to see them displayed next to each other. One day I really want to pick up Barad Dur and would hope it went well with Sauron PF.

Does anyone have this and the Weta Barad Dur? Would love to see them displayed next to each other. One day I really want to pick up Barad Dur and would hope it went well with Sauron PF.

I used to have Sauron displayed next to Barad dur with Jerry's painting on the back. This was an awesome display! I can't send you any pics cause I have moved them now.

I used to have Sauron displayed next to Barad dur with Jerry's painting on the back. This was an awesome display! I can't send you any pics cause I have moved them now.

Cool. I'll be getting Jerry's painting on canvas soon. Can't wait to put it next to Sauron. Have the space all lined up. Had a Vermeer print next to Sauron for a while, but while the Vermeer print is incredible, it never worked where it is.

How do you display Sauron now?

Cool. I'll be getting Jerry's painting on canvas soon. Can't wait to put it next to Sauron. Have the space all lined up. Had a Vermeer print next to Sauron for a while, but while the Vermeer print is incredible, it never worked where it is.

How do you display Sauron now?

Saurondisplay_zps63b237f1.jpg

I used to have Barad dur in the place of the Witch King PF. Which one is the Vermeer print?

I could not help myself, and I purchased the Giclee print to go with it! I will go out, and buy a nice frame for it, and hang it up behind him. I just need to figure out if I want to get a lazy susan so people can turn him around to see all his details.

Depends on your space.

I would think his mace sticks out so far, that being able to rotate him (without issue) all the way around, would be a large footprint.
Also, turning him around, you would mainly see the tattered cape and not much more.

Back