Hot Toys - MMS148 - Thor: Odin (Specs & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ That would make an excellent display - great idea!! Would be interested to see what its like when finished - complete with Odin on display! :)

Win1.jpg

I have no rush with assembling my base, because the paint seems very delicate. Probably gonna give it about a week to get totally dry. I also need to glue the stick holder in there, so it will take some time. But here is one shot with Odin, yet not on his place. And I've painted the main base into dark-gray, it looks better with gold, imho.

I've been thinking about picking up this figure. What is a fair price for a brand new one, mint in box, never displayed?

Here is an idea!
Take the DC Joker Mime's base, disassemble it, paint it gold (I've used Montana Gold spray) and use it for Odin as Asgardian stairway!
I'm not finished mine yet, but the main idea is to pose Odin going down the stairs with Gungnir and his helmet on. Like a boss.

Should I post more of this when it will be done?

That's friggin saweet!!!! AWESOME IDEA! I may have to borrow that!

How are your odin figures holding up? Took off the shin armor and just found out that the pleather on that part was already flaking :(

Still need to find this guy, nothing locally, gonna check the b/s/t section in a bit, if anyone has a lead that would be great

Got mine mint and sealed 2 months ago. Displayed it for a week. No direct sunlight. Then noticed that the pleather flap at the back near the waist area cracked when i touched it. Then I just checked last weekend and the pants seemed fine. But when i took of the shin guards and touched the tucked in part of the pants, that bottom part started flaking. Maybe the lack of air was the cause as it was hidden under the shin guards. Hope it doesnt start running up the entire pants. If ever it does ill just have to replace it with some fabric pants that looks similar to the sleeves.

Hot Toys - MMS148 - Thor: Odin (Specs & Pics)

I'm hoping Thor 3 gets a Hot Toys Odin...still pissed the pretty cool Thor 2 Odin design got ignored. I liked the black they incorporated and the longer hair. Add some crows and you got a great looking figure...if only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - MMS148 - Thor: Odin (Specs & Pics)

I'm hoping Thor 3 gets a Hot Toys Odin...still pissed the pretty cool Thor 2 Odin design got ignored. I liked the black they incorporated and the longer hair. Add some crows and you got a great looking figure...if only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:exactly: Yeah, I thought he looked much better in the Dark World also. I even bought a parted out spear from him from 1st release that I was gonna give Loki, but passed on Avengers and Dark World Loki look. Don't like the long overcoat look. The 1st Thor movie to me still has best looking Loki costume. Also hoping I like Loki in Ragnarok so I can finally get one!! But I also kinda wished I picked up a Odin, he was even rather cheap for a short time..:( Hopefully waiting and patience will pay off.

I'm a big fan of Thor and Asgard and I must admit if there's ever a time we may get some really decent side characters from his franchise it's from this film. I really have high hopes they right the ship. The second film was dissapointing to not only the fans but Marvel Studios Execs. It looks like they are going all out on this one.

We will definitely get a Thor, Loki and Gladiator Hulk. WE may even get two heads for Thor this time. Regular and shaved Gladiator. If Hela is as awesome as I hope we will get her. The first alpha female villain of the MCU. Surtur will be huge so probably not. Odin might play a smaller role but if he has a larger role we could see him. We may even see Skurge.

Again all of this is based on the success of the film and, even then, the villains will have to have a presence that warrants a figure. GotG was a hit and we got Thanos even though he played a bit part. But we'll never sniff a Ronan.

Back