Mister Ski's Marvel Collection and more

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHOA! Three Main Scores my Friend, MOTU Adam, XM's Capt. and Superman, WOW! and not to take away anything from the other two but that Capt. is Incredible, Very Impressive Posts and Pic's Ski WOW!

Be Cool
Al

Good to hear from you Al. Thanks for the comments and hope all is well. Yeah, that Cap just gets better and better every time I look at it.

The real Trinity is in this thread. Nice Haul Ski. Apoc too probably? SPIDERMAN next month? Expensive time for collectors

Thanks James! Apocalypse arrives tomorrow. No spiderman for me.

Fantastic pics Mikey! Massive congrats on this great statue. I've got my update coming tomorrow on this guy and He-Man and I have to say that I actually think that Superman is one of the best PFs I have seen to date :horror

Hi Andy. Thanks for stopping by. I like the Superman PF, but I don't love it. I'll be on the lookout for some custom head sculpts. ;-)

I'm looking at Sideshow's pics and noticing that they were all angled downward, also it might be the angle but the frown on the smoke eyes head was a little more fierce. I'm definitely going to think about this purchase before I pull the trigger come processing email time. $400, I may just lose my deposit.

Although I'll come back to Cap and say, that is one impressive statue since the OG set the bar really high for any of them these years.

Ski

After reading your comments I went to the Sideshow page and checked the Superman pictures. They are all taken from a lower angle and with heavy shading to give the head sculpt more of a sneer/grimace. Trust me, it aint there. It's your call about keeping him or transferring your deposit to another order (Sideshow usually lets you do it) but I can't tell you that you have to keep him. He is good but of the three PFs I have received recently, I was the most underwhelmed by Supes. He-Man and XM Cap are both much better in my book. I hear you on the XM Cap. I love that piece more and more. The Sideshow one is great, but the XM one edges it out a little due to the quality of the pose, sculpt and paint apps and the numerous display options. I highly recommend getting him.

Great acquisition and great pics Mister Ski's ;)
Thank you Darth! :duff

All is well it's always work work work :gah: :lol:lol:lol Thanks for the concern my Friend, I'm on the boards more on the weekends than weekdays now but it's all Cool

:duff
Al

The Apocalypse arrived in Boston today. I got #35 of the Exclusive edition. First word out of my mouth when I opened the styrofoam shells was, "Wow!" This guy is massive! Huge! Almost too big! All the things my ex-gfs have said to me at one time or another, but I digress. :wink1:
This is how I remember Apocalypse; big and bad @ssed. I cannot say enough good things about this statue. The sculpt is superb. The head sculpt is spot on and his arms are jacked with veins showing. The cannon and chainsaw look phenomenal. All sorts of details in each piece from the individual rivets on the chain saw links to the wiring of the cannon. Awesome! The paint job is fantastic too. Great combination of shiny metallic and matte finishes throughout. This guy is heavy, although most of it is in the base. The one "bad" thing about Apocalypse is that I have to find a big enough spot to display him.

Here are my pics, but you know I can't show the pics without some music.

WTF!! Another one!! :horror Mikey, you've been darn busy bro! Your getting more statue updates that even me!!! :lol :lol massive congrats buddy, Apoc looks like a Beast!! Where do you rate him in your collection? One of the best PF's?

WTF!! Another one!! :horror Mikey, you've been darn busy bro! Your getting more statue updates that even me!!! :lol :lol massive congrats buddy, Apoc looks like a Beast!! Where do you rate him in your collection? One of the best PF's?

Ha,ha! It just so happened that most of my POs have been released in the last week or so. The next pieces on the horizon will be ninjas!!!

It is hard for me to rate him just yet. Once the initial excitement wears off, I'll revisit my rating, but right now I really like him. I have always been a big X-Men fan and Apoc is right up there with my favorite X-villains, right after Magneto and Mr Sinister. He is a commanding piece that I think will be in my collection for a long time to come. I just have to get the right setup to display him with some of the X-Men PFs or comiquettes.

Very MASSIVE acquisition my friend!

Thanks Darth! :duff

After what was a ridonkulously long wait, I have finally received all four Mortal Kombat ninjas from PCS. The wait was worth it as they all came out great and look fantastic solo or in group poses. There are so many display options too. I love Scorpion's skull portrait and Reptile's lizard portrait and acid spit. The freeze and smoke effects on Sub-Zero and Smoke look pretty sweet too. Overall I am happy with them, but I just wish it hadn't taken almost 2 years for them to arrive. Here are some pics of mine along with some MK music.

The Kontestants...

Scorpion

Sub-Zero

Reptile

Smoke

Ready?

Fight!

Powered up!

Mortal Kombat!

Fecking awesome bro!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it Ski!! I've got two of the four. Still working on completing my set as well. I'm super jealous man! Congrats! !!!

Thanks James! :duff

Congrats Mikey on your latest additions brother :clap would you say that it's one of your biggest PF's? Great pics as ever :hi5:

Thanks Andy! :duff I really do like the MK figures, but they are not some of my biggest/favorites. Maybe once more characters are released that will change.

Looking awesome my friend, one of the few threads I still enjoy here at SSF! :rock

Ski

Thanks Dave! :duff I really appreciate the kind words.

Great acquisition man!

Thanks Darth! :duff

Thanks Andy! :duff I really do like the MK figures, but they are not some of my biggest/favorites. Maybe once more characters are released that will change.

How about the Apoc PF Mike? Is that one of your biggest PF's? Unless ofcourse you have that old school Sideshow piece known as The Abomination PF :horror that one has to be the biggest! :thud:

After going back and forth on this piece for several weeks (Jaws, I feel your pain), I finally broke down and ordered him and received #087 / 500 last week. The box is huge...and heavy! It had to be close to 60 lbs!!! By now, most of you know all about the XM box and packaging. It is the same style as Captain America's, only larger. Everything arrived in good condition. I absolutely love this piece. For me, it is the best representation of a modern age Hulk out there today. (Sideshow's Hulk PF still holds to top spot for me for classic (Kirby) Hulk.) Here is why I love this piece so much.

Packaging
As I said, the packing is top shelf all the way. The box itself is heavy and can be used as a stand for Hulk if you prefer. No messy styrofoam balls and the strapping makes it easy to open and close. No more messy tape to peel/cut away.

Sculpt
The sculpt on Hulk is phenomenal. The details in the musculature look awesome in person. Everything looks proportionate and I like how wide his back (lats) and shoulders are and how he has a nice V shape going from shoulders to waist. There are two head sculpts; an open mouth yell and a closed mouth grimace. I prefer the open mouth portrait as it displays nice from many different viewing angles. The closed mouth portrait only look good from an above angle looking down IMO. One of the biggest "negatives" for me was the sculpted on shirt. From the initial pics, I thought it looked plastered on looked kind of cheesy. However, in person, the shirt looks much better. It actually has texturing to it and some shading to give it some depth. It will never look like an actual shirt, but between the sculpt details and the paint apps, XM pulls it off surprisingly well.

Paint Apps
XM really delivers on the paint apps. They are very detailed with almost no mistakes and certainly nothing major. I really like the shade of green that was used. In pics, it changes shade depending on if light is directly hitting it or not. The faces on both heads sculpts are superb. His fingernails and toenails are very detailed with clean paint apps. For his body and shirt, XM used an orange overspray of sorts to give depth and texture. It looks really good, but there were a couple places on Hulk's arms (mainly in the crevices between muscles) that had some visible orange spots. I was told that this process to apply the orange/rust paint is unique to every Hulk statue. Which brings me to my next category...

Customer Service
XM's customer service is the absolute best. I was put in direct contact with the owner of XM over the orange spot question who explained to me how it was done and what I could do to correct it if I desired. After looking at it for a couple days, I realized that I didn't mind the two spots where the orange had blobbed together because they were located deep between muscle bundles and could only be seen if you were looking at him from overhead and really up close. Check out my pictures to see if you notice it. However, as I was getting ready to take pics of Hulk, I discovered another issue with Hulk. There were two spots on his right pants legs that had broken off and been glued back together (I'm guessing this happened at the factory). Still working out all the details, but XM is going to replace him for me! I will have to destroy this one (it is going to be tough to break this work of art) but maybe I can video the process to share with you Freaks. A+ for customer service!

Here are some pics of mine before he goes off to the polystone statue heaven in the sky. :monkey2

First, a little music...

Back