SSC Zartan 12-Inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankly, Sideshow's web gear feels pretty cheap in general to me :monkey1

I don't like having to customize official figures at all, but I was compelled to seek out some help with Dusty. The one silver lining there is that the custom I get back is gonna blow the doors off of anything Sideshow probably could have produced even if he got one of their better factory paint jobs, so. . .maybe those Chicken Soup for the Soul readers are right, and things really do happen for a reason :hi5:

Here is my adult response...

dx_03.gif

Don't like slow downs. Don't like higher prices just to keep up with Hot Toys. Be your own company Sideshow. This line doesn't need anything other than MORE FIGURES.

Thats the thing. You're not gonna get improvements unless you pay a bit more and to be honest most people aren't gonna want just the same old sam old. They will want improvements so in the end everyone is gonna pay more anyways.

Getting rid of the ratchet knees wouldn't be an improvement as much as it would be fixing one of their bad ideas. The Hot Toys junkies and custom drones need to stay away from this line. The last thing we need is PERS in these.

I don't know. I'm pretty sure for every person that backs out there is probably a person to replace them. People are going to buy what they want to buy no matter the price.

This is the old way of thinking when exclusive figures used to sell out and stay sold out. That's not the case anymore. :lol

Is one of those a woman? :confused:

Good thing you're trained in first aid. You'll be able to treat yourself after the wholesale asswhooping. :wink1:

Aw... No see you gotta have good reading material on hand and let nature do its thing. I recommend:

663806-L.jpg

If you're not cleaned out by year '92-'94 you will be after flipping those pages.

I've yet to buy a figure with PERS but I can't imagine I'd change the angle of them often enough to warrant the pressence of the device.

I don't think the gimmick warrants the price, or the downgrade in the realism of the sculpt. I've never seen it in person, but I've never seen a picture of it that didn't look all kinds of wrong. Bespin Luke is at the top of that list.

I don't think the gimmick warrants the price, or the downgrade in the realism of the sculpt. I've never seen it in person, but I've never seen a picture of it that didn't look all kinds of wrong. Bespin Luke is at the top of that list.
I have three DX figures, and I agree with you. With the exception of Bruce Lee (and Batman to a lesser extent), all the PERS heads released or forthcoming look worse than what HT typically does with static eyes. I don't think it's a coincidence. On top of that, you've got potential breakage issues. I've said this before, but I think they should give you two heads for those fancy figures--one "hero" look with eyes straight on, and one extra, alternate head looking to the side that is battle damaged or whatever.

I think it makes the eyes look too big. The DX vs. BR Joker heads is a prime example. I'd take the BR any day of the week.

Back