The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably a bit of both, but I do think the trauma has something to do with it, probably also some psychological/mood issues associated with steroid use, abuse of pain killers and other drugs and alcohol. The fact that many of these guys don't have many other prospects beyond wrestling may also contribute to some of these problems. When a guy's career is over, he has no other skills, and he's just sitting at home in constant pain, many without families since they gave family life up for a life of wrestling on the road, and I can see how some guys may just kind of give up. It may not result in suicide, but it seems like there are way too many deaths to be random chance. If you pick a random wrestler from your childhood, it's like a 50/50 chance he's dead now.

Having said that, none of this may apply to Warrior, but I wonder if those years of abuse didn't take their toll.

I assume it is his past that caught up with him. Like many guys from that era that shared Warriors physique have also died in the 40s and 50s from heart failure. Once the damage is done it can't be undone, even if its been years and years since they abused steroids.

I'm not a doctor and don't know anything about Warriors general health, so I shouldn't speculate on his cause of death.

Regardless of why, it sucks. I was genuinely happy to see him back with WWE. And seeing his family, particularly his two young daughters at the HoF makes it even worse.

frickin lame .
it was so exciting to see The Warrior again ..., AT Wrestlemania ..., Hall of FAME..., and Raw ....
I even picked up his DVD over the Weekend. To this day ... when I hear his Music..., the 10 yr old boy who Used to just loose it, when He saw this guy , still gets the geek shiver of pumed excitment that is so hard to explain .... I just found this out ..., after I bought His shirt at the wwe shop .

Sucks. R.I.P. Warrior .....
I don't care what the haters say .... U were 1 of the Best , and always will be to me .

I saw the old DVD that wasn't very flattering toward the Warrior. I didn't even know a newer one was available. Presumably it is more favorable toward the guy. I might check it out one of these days

Yeah, if you actually look up a list of dead wrestlers that died an untimely death its rather shocking. Always been a big wrestling fan since my childhood and so many of my favorites are now gone. Very haunting though after watching the HoF and then the RAW speeches. Sometimes people just know their time is near.

https://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Wrestlers_who_have_died

Last edited:
karamazov80 said:
I saw the old DVD that wasn't very flattering toward the Warrior. I didn't even know a newer one was available. Presumably it is more favorable toward the guy. I might check it out one of these days

Yeah, that first DVD was very much one side of the story, and basically a character assassination. Like getting one side of the story from a very ugly break up, one person the total victim and the other a total piece of garbage. I am sure the new one paints him in a much better light since he is directly involved.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

[/COLOR]

Yeah, that first DVD was very much one side of the story, and basically a character assassination. Like getting one side of the story from a very ugly break up, one person the total victim and the other a total piece of garbage. I am sure the new one paints him in a much better light since he is directly involved.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

I got my UW blu-ray in the mail yesterday and started watching it last night. It's funny when you hear him talking about how great Bobby Heenan was during the "weasel suit" match and then remember Hennan essentially burying him in the old DVD. It was pretty nice though that Edge, Christian, & Jericho had nothing but fond memories about him and came across as genuine fans.

the new dvd ... is 3 discs.
it's really well done ..., I've only made it thru the 1st one ..., as of yet .
The formate, and layout of the collection, is very Ultimate Warrior 80's Flashy. its Great.

ofcourse the Blu-ray as it too.

This time ..., its all seen thru the eyes of The Warrior. Warrior offers comentary..., and sets up all the matches, and info .
it's great ..., perfect for any fan. I actually just scored it at Walmart last Fri for 19.99 ..., looking for something for my Kid ..., there it was.

This is all just insaine in Hindsight.

Just ran across a cool old picture of him, from when he was teaming with Sting. Didn't realize Zeb Coulter managed those guys.

gdc53569f.jpg

It's weird when you take out any of your old wrestling video games and there's always someone in it who's dead now.

I'm still in shock I just can't believe that he is gone. :(

Warrior was my favourite wrestler growing up, in fact I can still remember the day that I said 'screw Hulk Hogan, I'm a Warrior guy'. The guy was just everything that made me a WWF fan back in the day and he remained one of my favs as I grew up.

Yep I would suspect that years of steroid abuse has probably been the reason for the heart attack. Meltzer is saying that 'The death of Ultimate Warrior is, pending an autopsy, being characterized as due to a catastrophic medical condition according to local authorities'.

To think that he made peace with Vince and Hogan over the weekend and I have yet to see Raw but I have seen his 'promo' and man it is freaky hearing what he said prior to his death.

R.I.P Warrior and thank you for all the great memories you have given me as a Child and as a full grown man.

My thought go out to your loved ones.

RIP Ultimate Warrior.

His greatest match was versus Hogan at Wrestlemania 6 but for me the most iconic and my own personal favourite Warrior moment came against the Honky Tonk Man. Honky Tonk standing in the ring with Jimmy Hart demanding anyone from the locker room come out and face him, then the Warrior's music starts and Honky Tonk turns into a nervous wreck as the Warrior races to the ring and pins him in barely half a minute. I don't think its ever been repeated, in fact i don't think a crowd has ever had as much value for money in such a short match.

RIP Ultimate Warrior.

His greatest match was versus Hogan at Wrestlemania 6 but for me the most iconic and my own personal favourite Warrior moment came against the Honky Tonk Man. Honky Tonk standing in the ring with Jimmy Hart demanding anyone from the locker room come out and face him, then the Warrior's music starts and Honky Tonk turns into a nervous wreck as the Warrior races to the ring and pins him in barely half a minute. I don't think its ever been repeated, in fact i don't think a crowd has ever had as much value for money in such a short match.

Good Old Honky Tonk said that was the loudest 'pop' had ever heard in an arena when Warrior answered that challenge. I loved that moment too.

Just think of the amount of talent that has passed away when you next watch WM7. :horror

Damn man. Another wrestler gone. Tragic. R.I.P. Warrior. Its just sad when you think of all the wrestling talent that has died.:(

At least he didn't die smacked out in some grungy run down hotel room like some of his fellow wrestlers or resort to murder like José González or Benoit. It is sad to say but at least he had a somewhat 'normal' death compared to how most wrestlers leave this earth.

Good Old Honky Tonk said that was the loudest 'pop' had ever heard in an arena when Warrior answered that challenge. I loved that moment too.

I think they missed a trick at the HOF ceremony, they should've got Honky Tonk to come out pretending he was inducting someone but he didn't know who, then the Warrior's music starts and Honky Tonk shouts "not him, not him!"....:lol:lol:lol

Oops i forgot the McMahon's, Lawler and J.R. had a falling out with Honky Tonk a few years ago.

A nice epitaph to the Warrior is on Jake the Snake's website, Warrior and Jake made up a the HoF ceremony after falling out 20 years ago. Jake says he and Warrior talked about a brief return and may be even a match, i'd have paid to see that!!!

This is one of the great tragedies of wrestling, and God knows there's been so many of them. Literally the day after his legacy was finally cemented and rightfully so and he buried every single one of his old hatchets. Can you imagine the feeling he must have had? like a huge albatross was finally removed from his neck.

Tuesday was probably one of the greatest days of his life and then boom, just like that his life is gone.

This one hits hard and makes me really sad, like Randy Savage finally really happy and then it's all over. He seemed to have a really nice family too and young girls now without a father. He was young guy himself, 54, he was robbed of half his life. Really really sad. I loved the Warrior as a kid. I was a Savage/Warrior/Hogan kid. Those were the three wrestling Gods and in my eyes they still seem like bigger stars than anyone could ever hope to be, even Austin, Undertaker, Rock, Cena etc. I marked out big time when he came out at HOF and on Raw.

His final speech is so eerie now, truly haunting. What a ****** day.

Wrestling is all such a bummer these days. majorly heavy stuff.

A nice epitaph to the Warrior is on Jake the Snake's website, Warrior and Jake made up a the HoF ceremony after falling out 20 years ago. Jake says he and Warrior talked about a brief return and may be even a match, i'd have paid to see that!!!

I'm really grateful for Warrior's sake that the HOF happened when he did, to think that he made peace with Hogan, Jake, Vince, HHH, Linda and everyone else he was beefing with fr such a long time. It really felt like he was home, in more than just a company he let go of old strife in his life and was free

Back