The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. So far he's just been in a commercial announcing he's the pre-order bonus for this year's video game. They're also selling some merch on WWE Shop too.
Thats a huge part of my childhood WCW days. I mean Sting was my idol. Some of my favorite wrestling moments ever star him. This intrigues me. I hope he goes back to that chilling intro music and not the dubstep crap

Posted on TMZ half an hour ago, not surprising.

https://www.tmz.com/#Article/2014/07/27/impact-wrestling-cancelled-spike-tv-tna

TNA Wrestling's flagship show "Impact Wrestling" could soon be without a home -- Spike TV quietly let the league know it's not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal ... tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter late last week to break the news -- and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.

TNA's current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It's unclear at this point when "Impact Wrestling" will stop airing on Spike.

We're told there's no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.

TNA's show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 -- and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.

We've called TNA and Spike for comment ... so far, no word back.

Read more: https://www.tmz.com#ixzz38jaBP1oU

im happy with it. im actually happy with anyone but John Cena. i also like that they got rid of the big gold belt and kept it as one WWE championship

I loved the booking of the main event. Now the question is does WWE have the patience to build with what they started Sunday? I really hope they don't do something stupid like hotshotting the title back to Cena at NOC.

Loved this image that made the rounds Monday.
10399998_692138810874178_6752691376976116861_n.jpg

I thought it was pretty cool. Unexpected, and pretty unprecedented for something like that to happen (putting aside quick victories over champs in the past like Hogan over Yoko and Diesel over Backlund, I don't recall that kind of domination toward a major company's #1 guy/champ). I saw that Cena is exercising his rematch at the next PPV, but the way the last match went I'm not sure what to expect there. Doesn't seem like Brock is in a situation where he could lose. WWE is effectively building him up as the biggest monster heel they've probably ever had, and his losing would kill that. Maybe it will just be to allow Cena to save face, by putting up a competitive effort. My thought was they must be building to Brock/Reigns, but Reigns isn't nearly ready for that. Unfortunately, I'm not sure who else might be. If Cena gets treated like that, what chance does a Daniel Bryan or Dean Ambrose have? Or barring that, a pseudo-midcarder like Big Show or Seamus? WWE needs more serious good guy threats. Damn shame they killed Cesaro's momentum. In the right situation, I can imagine him being a threat to Brock because of his athleticism and strength, but not in the way he's being booked now.

I hope they "feed" Orton for Night of Champs, then build Mark Henry's Hall of Pain back for Survivor Series, bring back Batista soon and let him get built up for Royal Rumble, then you can have the obvious Reigns go over him at WM XXXII.

Since WWE doesn't really build guys anymore and just go from week to week, they've put themselves in a hole where there's just nobody credible at the moment. I'm not an Orton fan but he's the closest guy to Cena since I don't wanna see a Brock/Cena 4 anytime soon...or ever.

I'm not feeling the love for Reigns. I was pretty underwhelmed with the Orton match and don't feel like he has "it" just yet. At this point I'd rather see Ambrose pushed before him.

My initial response was going to be "but Batista is no major threat, as we saw at Wrestlemania," but your point that WWE doesn't build guys up anymore over long periods actually makes that kind of a moot point. Same with Henry I guess, who seems to flip from being a heel to a face on a monthly basis without WWE bothering to tell anyone that he's made that change. Problem with Henry is that he's not a legit contender. No one in the world will imagine he will have a shot against Lesnar. And that goes for just about everyone in the company right now, barring maybe Reigns and maybe, just maybe Bray Wyatt?

Reigns does seem like the one they want to build up. i could see a situation where Rollins uses the MitB contract after a match between Reigns and Lesnar since Reigns seems the only one capable of believably going toe to toe with Lesnar

Problem with Henry is that he's not a legit contender.

When they let him have a little run with the Hall of Pain gimmick, I legit bought in that he could be a bad ass and that's with knowing him sine he came in and never ever liking him. Also, that little crying speech he did before beating up Cena last year made me really think he was going to beat him but I guess I was wrong.

I just saw it as another temporary Henry push, which it turned out to be :lol But yeah, maybe the cynical "smart mark" fan shouldn't be the target of WWE's decisions. If he seems legit, forgetting everything about a guy's past, and if that sells subscriptions to the Network, then they should go for it.

I have no clue who currently can stand up to Brock. If they want they could milk his title reign until next year if they want.

I finally saw ER 2012, and Cena was getting beaten down there as well, the only difference was that Lesnar used less german suplexes and Cena used a chain.

I'm pretty sure Brock could've won that match as well.

Reigns does seem like the one they want to build up. i could see a situation where Rollins uses the MitB contract after a match between Reigns and Lesnar since Reigns seems the only one capable of believably going toe to toe with Lesnar

The one thing that Lesnar and Reigns have in common are they both have horrible mic skills.

I loved the booking of the main event. Now the question is does WWE have the patience to build with what they started Sunday? I really hope they don't do something stupid like hotshotting the title back to Cena at NOC.

Loved this image that made the rounds Monday.
View attachment 128718

:rotfl That's why I think Cena will make one last appearance in NOC before he takes some much needed time off again. I see him returning at the RR.

The one thing that Lesnar and Reigns have in common are they both have horrible mic skills.

youre right about Reigns and at least Lesnar has Heyman. WWE could take their time and have Reigns vs Lesnar at Wrestlemania. it would give Reigns time to develop better mic skills and more moves besides his superman punch, samoan drop, and spear

They could potentially have Brock keep it until Wrestlemania and offer up the main event spot against him to CM Punk if that is still something he is still interested in. No idea if he would even consider coming back though.

LOL Guys if no one can beat Lesnar they will have a no DQ match and a chair will beat Lesnar. At Extreme Rules 2012, anyone know why Lesnar went MMA on Cena the first minute with those elbows to the head?

Back