The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if that final F-5, the Streak breaker if you will (imagine saying that in Dusty's voice) will overtake Hogan slamming Andre as WWE's go to WM moment. You know the one they keep showing over and over again.

I wonder if that final F-5, the Streak breaker if you will (imagine saying that in Dusty's voice) will overtake Hogan slamming Andre as WWE's go to WM moment. You know the one they keep showing over and over again.
LOL at the Dusty comment. No way it will IMO. Hulk and Andre was icon vs. icon, at a time when wrestling was at its peak level of popularity (that match almost single-handedly drew the 93,000+ in attendance), concerning two of its most popular wrestlers that, as far as the audience knew, could have both kept going for many years following that (though that wasn't actually the case with Andre). For this one, the popularity of wrestling is apparently on a downswing, Lesnar is no wrestling icon, everyone knows UT is an old bastard who was bound to hang it up soon. But of course, this is a huge Wrestlemania moment, and something they probably will show quite a lot.

Lesnar has been breaking records or making huge impacts most of his career. Out of everyone who has returned so far, Brock is the most believable and most dangerous. WWE has done a good job of handling his character, unlike Batista who has sort of been shoved down fan's throats since his return. Just got back and winning the Royal Rumble? Yeah right.

Obviously, Undertaker was fine with it. And knowing Taker's backstage ideals of "respect" and "earning it", I honestly don't think he was going to lose to an "up and comer". Besides...who would it be? D-Bry? Nah. John Cena? Maybe. But he's too much of a cartoon character. Kane? No real reason to other than respect. Shawn Michaels? Not a chance...he retired after his matches and Taker hated Michaels more than anyone backstage.

Brock is intense...one of the last of the real, believable and dangerous wrestlers/entertainers the WWE has. Yes, it's a shame he's part-time because he should be the machine that no one wants to mess with. His first run was much like that.

Well said...

On Taker's loss, to be honest I felt this gonna be his last match at WM for some reasons:

1- When Brock challenged the streak back in RAW, the week after Taker showed up talked about his victims and he also mentioned that streak has an ending.
2- The streak intro with the closed 22 caskets, something new to WM intros!
3- The farewell UTs outfit.

I was and still shocked like everyone around the world! I feel sad and down about all this..
R.I.P. Streak

Roman Reins ugh...Cesaro is much better IMO. Surprised Taker lost that match. Only thing missing was Scott Hall and a cattle prod. Hell, might as well run out the Shockmaster to end the streak. I figured he'd never lose at WM. I figured he'd retire at WM at some point though. Maybe there is something we don't know concerning his health. Put me in the camp that can't stand Bryant...though it seems a small camp...lol.

Roman Reins ugh...Cesaro is much better IMO. Surprised Taker lost that match. Only thing missing was Scott Hall and a cattle prod. Hell, might as well run out the Shockmaster to end the streak. I figured he'd never lose at WM. I figured he'd retire at WM at some point though. Maybe there is something we don't know concerning his health. Put me in the camp that can't stand Bryant...though it seems a small camp...lol.

I agree. Cesaro is much, much better. To be honest I'm just not feeling Roman Reigns at all.

Paige's win made me the happiest fanboy alive for the night. Marked out big time to the point where I got the rolling eyes from the lady of the house.

Not a fan of the whole "make a debut and leave with the title" thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

e6dt7l.jpg

It does feel like we've entered a new era. A lot of older things ended at Mania and a lot of new things started on RAW. To me, Mania has always been the end of the "WWE Year" so to speak, but this time it felt like a HUGE change.

All the talent that's getting pushed is fresh and young. Daniel Bryan is champion, Cena's having a good mid-card fued with the Wyatt Family, Cesaro is getting a huge push, Wade Barrett that's back in the ring AND going over Rey Mysterio, the amazing NXT talent that's getting called up, Legends coming back for promos instead of having them do their finishers that look like crap due to obvious ring rust and age ... It feels like WWE is seriously picking things up.

Bryan champ. Cesaro a Hayman guy. Shield full face turn. Paige Champ. Barret getting over. Wyatts still over. The streak is broken.

I like the direction the company is going. Its fresh and full of youth.

Lets hope it stays that way.

Back