The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if folks would take Flair seriously enough at this point for him to be involved. He was at the pre-Wrestlemania hype show on the WWE Network, so he apparently has a relationship with the company.

I wonder if folks would take Flair seriously enough at this point for him to be involved. He was at the pre-Wrestlemania hype show on the WWE Network, so he apparently has a relationship with the company.

Yeah he got really emotional talking about Reid on a Legends of Wrestling discussion programme which is understandable so I think WWE will be keeping him off TV for the foreseeable. He seems to be an emotional wreck since he retired and his 'infamous' WWE 2K14 video has really I felt made the WWE vey wary of putting Ric on TV and he never shuts up either but I love Flair and I would love to see him on WWE TV again.

Still it is funny not seeing him in Evolution and I'm sure he will pop up soon enough. He may 'side' with Daniel Bryan and then turn on him and re-join Evolution.

That would actually be pretty awesome. A nod to the 15 or 20 times he did that to Sting back in the day :lol In fact, if Sting comes back, it would make sense for Flair to return to the active crew, as well. He was crying a lot on the WM pre-show, when they talked about his last match against HBK. Very weird to think this is the same guy who dominated the non-WWF wrestling scene in the 1980s.

Yeah, he probably was drunk. Crazy, drunk old bastard that he is.

On another note, WWE Network has started showing ECW shows where Malenko and Benoit (and later Guerrero) show up. Last night I saw probably the first U.S. promo Malenko ever cut. And it was about as bad as you might expect, but I'm looking forward to seeing some of those matches. When they first aired, I only caught the tail end of that run, when those guys were heading out to WCW.

I remember watching those matches when Malenko, Benoit, and Guerrero first showed up in ECW. Fantastic matches as you might expect.
Yeah, and Malenko and Benoit formed the first Triple Threat with Shane Douglas, so they tagged quite a bit. I believe they were the ECW tag team champions for awhile, years before both joining the Horsemen and winning it in WCW.

Pretty big update on the network today. All of the Clash of the Champions and bunch of ECW TV episodes have been added.

I've got Clash XIV on right now. I still like Sid being announced as being from "anywhere he darn well pleases".:lol

Hell yeah, one step closer to getting classic NWA TV. Gonna watch me some Clash of the Champions tonight. Did they add more recent ECW (like the stuff from TNN?), or just more of the mid-90s stuff they were trickling in beforehand? I hope they put the old ECW tapes up--they were their equivalent of PPVs, but without actually being PPVs--so the earliest November to Remember shows, for example.

Hell yeah, one step closer to getting classic NWA TV. Gonna watch me some Clash of the Champions tonight. Did they add more recent ECW (like the stuff from TNN?), or just more of the mid-90s stuff they were trickling in beforehand? I hope they put the old ECW tapes up--they were their equivalent of PPVs, but without actually being PPVs--so the earliest November to Remember shows, for example.

It's more mid-90s stuff. It covers episodes 72-106 8/94-5/95. I read that the next big update will be all of SNME episodes. I hope they get to some NWA/WCW TV soon too.

Oh, SNME is big time. Very excited about that. That's a great run of ECW stuff, as it's when Guerrero et al. were there, and when Foley had some of his great interviews. Should also be near the time Stone Cold, Mysterio, and Jericho show up.

I'm loving Evolution vs The Sheilds feud! [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't bothered watching it yet, but probably will at some point. I've been watching some of these old Clashes, and some of them are pretty great. Watching Clash 19 from 1992 at the moment, and it's nuts how many really great wrestlers were involved--Dean and Joe Malenko teamed up against Steamboat and. . .Nikita Koloff(?), Steve Austin teamed with Rick Rude, Chris Benoit in a tag match against Jushin Liger and Brian Pillman, Hiroshi Hase, Steve Williams and Terry Gordy teaming together, Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton when they were with the Dangerous Alliance, the Freebirds. From top to bottom of the card, this had to have as much talent involved as any show I can think of.

It's also a funny PPV because there is both a really blatant homophobic comment made by Dr. Death Steve Williams, then a really blatant racist comment made by Harley Race.

1992 WCW had an awesome roster. I'd love to have the Saturday Night's and other shows from that era on the network. I'm sure that's really far off, if it happens at all though.

It may be corny, but I'm liking Legends House so far. Alot seems scripted, but its enjoyable. I hope they bring in newer talent, maybe from the 90s next season.

Piper in that buddy?

I see he has revealed some new info on the 'Pat Patterson wants to blow a wrestler' story from the 80's in a new shoot interview DVD that he is in. I think he may have heat for that. Mind you Piper has previous, after WM 19 he blabbed about steroids and was sacked and thus Sean O'Haire's push was stopped (Piper was his manager). Piper always seems to stick his foot in it.

Piper in that buddy?

I see he has revealed some new info on the 'Pat Patterson wants to blow a wrestler' story from the 80's in a new shoot interview DVD that he is in. I think he may have heat for that. Mind you Piper has previous, after WM 19 he blabbed about steroids and was sacked and thus Sean O'Haire's push was stopped (Piper was his manager). Piper always seems to stick his foot in it.

Yea he is. Pat Patterson is in the house with him too.

Back