Zen Meditation - Anybody Else?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zen Meditation?

• Yes, often.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Yes, seldom.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • No, never.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • What? Are you crazy?

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
Huge thanks to UTtoyfan for the contribution to the cause.

It is greatly appreciated, and he has earned a drink on me at CVI! :D

Today, I sat for my first zen meditation. Actually my first meditation of any type. It was surprising that I could almost stay still for the entire thirty minutes.

Anyone else Zen? :D

I've been doing meditation for almost a year, it's not Zen per se, but very useful!

Don't use Zen, but Sanchin works just as well. :huh

Sanchin is a Karate Kata, never heard of it as a meditation/breathing technique, got any more info?

I've been doing meditation for almost a year, it's not Zen per se, but very useful!

Sanchin is a Karate Kata, never heard of it as a meditation/breathing technique, got any more info?

It's the whole process behind it. The primary function is focusing ki, or in my case, it was chi. The breathing is just as crucial as the physical movements. Take that one step further and I'm sure you can see how it applies. :wink1:

It's the whole process behind it. The primary function is focusing ki, or in my case, it was chi. The breathing is just as crucial as the physical movements. Take that one step further and I'm sure you can see how it applies. :wink1:

That's one of the basics of Karate, I was just curious about the name Sanchin for a breathing technique, that's all...

Huge thanks to Jen for the contribution to the cause.

Huge thanks to GrueSam for the contribution to the cause.

Huge thanks to Darth Waller for the contribution to the cause.

Did I miss anybody? Josh? ;)

I was pleasantly surprised when Chein started the ball rolling, and I have to tell you I've gotten so much support from my fellow Freaks, it has been astounding. Reaffirms my commitment to this society of collectors. What a great bunch of people.

Don't think that's going to lead me to begging in the future, this is hopefully a one time affair...

That's one of the basics of Karate, I was just curious about the name Sanchin for a breathing technique, that's all...

Yeah, it's basically taking an aspect and utilizing it for a different application, in much the same way you'd break apart different parts of katas to address different situations. An example would be using a defensive breakfall learned in Aikido or Judo to soften a slip and fall caused by a wet floor.

Did I miss anybody? Josh? ;)

Friday. I promise.

I'm down to collecting for just a couple more days, and I've panhandled from all of my friends relentlessly this week.

Anybody spare a donation? ;)

Huge thanks to Avfin for the contribution to the cause.

Huge thanks to The Josh for the contribution to the cause. :rock

Last edited:
Back