Falling Skies on TNT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We stopped watching I think 3 or 4 episodes before this last season finale. Once they mentioned the moon thing, I stopped immediately, deleted the shows I had DVR'd and deleted the series recording. This show had so much potential. The first season was amazing.

The moon thing? :lol

Ho boy. I stopped altogether too. Just didn't seem to grab my attention too long.

Yeah, Lexi was particularly cringe-worthy.
All this focus on the Mason family just got tiresome. And somebody kill Anne ferchristsake!
I thought a female character couldn't get more obnoxious than Walking Dead's Lori, but Anne managed the impossible...

$5 says one of their group is one of these new aliens in disguise since the beginning of the series and one of the mason kids will get killed.

Also alien zombies because why not seems to be the writers mentality this season.

I heard but I didn't check that they had new writers this season. I also heard that next season is already in the can. Noah Wiley is now working on a new series based around his Librarian movies. I'll probably pass on that.

I'm just mad they completely messed up the Berserkers w/Pope. Such a waste of good characters.

I heard but I didn't check that they had new writers this season. I also heard that next season is already in the can. Noah Wiley is now working on a new series based around his Librarian movies. I'll probably pass on that.

I'm just mad they completely messed up the Berserkers w/Pope. Such a waste of good characters.

I'm actually interested in that new show myself. I liked those movies anyways.

Saw the finale last night.
This season was probably the weakest IMHO, but I still enjoyed most of it.
Anne has become huge pain in the butt, and Lexi was just irritating. All in all, this season wasn't very well written. Too many different themes being touched upon but never fully explored I think.

Hopefully the next one will be better. I'm intrigued to know who/what Mason met in outer space.

the show tents to kill off special guest characters for each season. Oh maybe Mason meet a Vorlon from the Babylon 5 series, they love to interfer w/human history......:wink1:

I was worried for this show when they did that whole masked rider thing at the start of the season. I saw the guy on the bike, knew who it was immediately, and as like . . .groan.

I would have to go back and watch the first season again, but my first impression of Pope and his group was the weren't much different than Humongous and his crew from The Road Warrior. Rape and pillage?

I would have to go back and watch the first season again, but my first impression of Pope and his group was the weren't much different than Humongous and his crew from The Road Warrior. Rape and pillage?

Pope had a crew, that included Maggie but they weren't the Beserkers. They came about after Pope joined the 2nd Mass.

It seemed like Pope's original crew had that rape and pillage vibe. I always had the impression that Maggie was with them purely for survival.

This show reminds me of the old V tv series. Any of you older guys remember that? The hero was a guy named Donovan, and every week he would sneak on board the aliens base space ship. Every alien was looking for him but he would always manage to sneak on and off without anyone finding him. Everything revolved around Donovan. The Donovan of Falling Skies is Mason, this dude can do anything.

This show reminds me of the old V tv series. Any of you older guys remember that? The hero was a guy named Donovan, and every week he would sneak on board the aliens base space ship. Every alien was looking for him but he would always manage to sneak on and off without anyone finding him. Everything revolved around Donovan. The Donovan of Falling Skies is Mason, this dude can do anything.

Yes b/c FS copied the hybrid female route and like V, the Lexi character grew to adulthood. Go figure.....:thud:

So who watched the last season?
I thought it had some pretty good episodes, but felt rushed overall. The finale was very anti-climactic, as well as very rushed.
I think the whole series really suffered because of Tom Mason's character (which I suspect had to do with Noah Wyle's role as producer, was it?) being so goody-good preachy, which made the entire series preachy.
It was a fun series to watch, but it won't be missed.

Back