HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, it seems impossible for the show to outlast this last book he hasn't even started. I'm honestly just hoping he's still alive at that point so he can at least properly oversee the show's end going forward without a book.

Yea, it seems impossible for the show to outlast this last book he hasn't even started. I'm honestly just hoping he's still alive at that point so he can at least properly oversee the show's end going forward without a book.

I read that he has the plot worked out and, in consideration of him being older (and quite old-looking for his age if I do say so), has shared it with some of the producers. If he does pass away before completing the books, his authentic vision can at least be realised.

I think I'd lose my mind if he died before he finished the books. I don't want someone finishing them from his notes or writing what they think he would have wanted. I appreciate HBO at least giving him a voice in guiding the show. I don't like it when a company gets the rights to adapt a book then gives the public their interpretation with no insight from the author.

Do you recommend reading the books? How is it to watch the show kinda knowing what to expect?

I would disagree with the previous post. I'm a VORACIOUS reader, but I've made the decision to watch the TV series without having read the book beforehand, and only reading the corresponding book after the corresponding season has been complete. I like being surprised by the twist and turns of each episode...but you have be wary of internet spoilers...though I have to say that everyone that participates in this thread here have been pretty damn courteous as far as putting spoilers in spoiler tags. Thanks agaion, all.

I would disagree with the previous post. I'm a VORACIOUS reader, but I've made the decision to watch the TV series without having read the book beforehand, and only reading the corresponding book after the corresponding season has been complete. I like being surprised by the twist and turns of each episode...but you have be wary of internet spoilers...though I have to say that everyone that participates in this thread here have been pretty damn courteous as far as putting spoilers in spoiler tags. Thanks agaion, all.

This is exactly how I feel. I wished I hadn't known certain events were coming. I have stopped reading so now everything will be a surprise! Then I will resume reading after the corresponding season(s) have aired.

Right now I read as the show goes along but never jump ahead, I like to be surprised with the tv show and its nice to see the differences in the books. The amound of detail in them is also amazing.

Once again, another outstanding episode tonight. That's four straight. And the ending...HOLY****!!!!!!

Albino Darth Maul? This episode diverged significantly from the book, not really sure what to expect now.

Yeah, it's pretty nice. It's totally different. We never read of the white walkers but then again, I haven't read all of the fourth nor started the fifth.

Just so I can keep track while playing the home game. . . who should be the King?

Gendry? As he is the only remaining son of Robert.

Or Stannis, because Gendry doesn't count because he's a bastard and he's Robert's brother.

I don't know what the rules of Westeros are.

Wow. 70% of tonight's episode was new material!

- Pod and Brienne don't meet up for quite awhile. Nice they are keeping the actor busy.
- Bran/Crasters Keep/Jon going out North again/Ghost and Summer getting caught - All new. Nice to see Bran busy though. In the book, not too much happens.
- white Walkers - all new too!

Dany and Bran are so close to running out of story. I am assuming we will be seeing more new material on a regular basis.

Daenery will probably stay put for a while at that city she just took.

Remember, all of those men she just gained have no military training, as they said. They could use training them into her army as an excuse to not be on the move for the rest of the season.

Back