HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they would do a spin-off with Sean Bean during the rebellion.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

They need to do that. The show is catching up and I don't think we'll see the next book. The worse thing that the series will do is end the show on its own before books. GRRM gave the producers the gist of how it's going to end.

Supposedly he gave a few people at HBO the ending in vivid detail but if he were to pass or something 2 books away from that ending, who's to say HBO would be able to cover all that ground that gets us to that ending correctly? George Lucas could have outlined the ending of ROTJ during the filming of SW but ESB may have been a lot differant if he didn't have any involvement at all.

I wish GRRM would buckle down and get the books done. I keep seeing him at fan events or cons in pics and I feel like his study hall teacher, "why aren't you working, George?!" :lol

They're combining some elements since some characters don't appear for a whole book but couldn't be left out of an entire season.

But at Martin's publisher, HarperCollins, his publisher Jane Johnson tells me this morning that there's no date lined up "until George delivers, and I have no idea when that will be.

Supposedly he gave a few people at HBO the ending in vivid detail but if he were to pass or something 2 books away from that ending, who's to say HBO would be able to cover all that ground that gets us to that ending correctly? George Lucas could have outlined the ending of ROTJ during the filming of SW but ESB may have been a lot differant if he didn't have any involvement at all.

I wish GRRM would buckle down and get the books done. I keep seeing him at fan events or cons in pics and I feel like his study hall teacher, "why aren't you working, George?!" :lol

No kidding. With all the momentum the series has thanks to the show you'd think he would be working a little harder to ensure that we don't have to wait YEARS again for the next book. I can't remember how long it was between the last 2 book releases--5 or 6 years, I think--but I literally had to read the entire series again to get the story and characters back in my head before I read the last one. Just going by his previous output there is no way he'll finish the last two books before the show ends.

Back