HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She was doing a lot of kissing for a woman getting raped.

consenting.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

This rape scene is sad. The book carries a similar feel. Jaime forces himself upon her but at the end she wants it; she asks for verbally and physically. He doesn't call her hateful. The show should have just omitted that scene. We have him on this road toward redemption but suddenly he has hiccup at the Sept. I guess, he's allowed this one. Since his son died.

i just don't see the big deal...someone may or may not have been raped on a cable tv show rated mature. most of us know RAPE BAD but considering all the S that happens on that show THIS is where some draw the line

whatever

:lol :lol :lol

This rape scene is sad. The book carries a similar feel. Jaime forces himself upon her but at the end she wants it; she asks for verbally and physically. He doesn't call her hateful. The show should have just omitted that scene. We have him on this road toward redemption but suddenly he has hiccup at the Sept. I guess, he's allowed this one. Since his son died.

ok, so is the problem more that it was a character we hated at first but now like? is that why there's an issue with this?

I viewed the scene as consensual rape, even though that technically doesn't make sense

They tried to imply an undertone of rape but really she wanted it anyways, just not on the floor next to their dead son

Wow. I didn't know this was an issue until I just read the last few pages of posts.

It didn't even cross my mind that that scene could be "rape"' (and trust me, I'm very pro women's rights, I'm not a neanderthal that believes that a husband cannot "rape" his wife...not that this was the case between Jaime and Cersei in the last episode).

But I find it somewhat telling that prior to the episode when HBO showed the rating of TV-MA, and then included the tags of "Violence", "Nudity", and "Sexual Situations", that "Rape" was not included, as it usually is when a movie or show is rated. Though, I guess that HBO is required to follow the MPAA's guidelines.

It wasn't rape.
It was twisted people having twisted relations in twisted conditions.
i.e. The Martin Mamba.

So what if it was rape?
They show murder all the time on cable.
They've already shown infanticide in the series.
Meh.

(they'll never top Littlefinger wiping the mouth of one of his workers before kissing another client....ugh)

Jaime and Cersei were freaky but I don't buy for a moment that she was into it. They were pressed against an alter with Joffery's body. She had been sobbing for her dead son and begging for vengeance. Not exactly a high labido moment.

What it was in the books is not what it was here. It's interesting that people are trying to make it "OK".

Jaime and Cersei were freaky but I don't buy for a moment that she was into it. They were pressed against an alter with Joffery's body. She had been sobbing for her dead son and begging for vengeance. Not exactly a high labido moment.

What it was in the books is not what it was here. It's interesting that people are trying to make it "OK".

Many people would consider it "not exactly a high libido moment" to have sex with their sibling, but that's the crazy world they live in. Heigh ho.

I don't think anyone's saying it's morally OK to bang your sister next to your dead son's body. People are just saying it wasn't rape. If it was rape, Cersei wouldn't have been pulling on him and kissing him back.

@ Kamandi:
Dude, you're watching the wrong show if your looking for morally affirmative actions from morally affirmative characters.
If know one cares about bad people getting killed why would they care about bad people getting raped?

Back