HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amrita Acharia

She is the Dothraki handmaiden Irri in the first two seasons of Game of Thrones

Murdered in season 2 by Doreah when Dany's dragons were stolen.

Amrita_Acharia_being_strangled_in_Game_of_Thrones-The_Old_Gods_and_the_New_(scene_deleted).png

Excellent episode but I'm impatient for the introduction of...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last night's episode may have been my least favorite of the series so far. It just seemed so boring and bland. By reading some of the boards on GoT sites, I'm not alone in thinking so. The last scene, Danaerys' only scene, was good (but with some dodgy CGI) as was Tywin with Tommen, but everything else fell flat. I could not wait for the Sam and Gilly scene to end. Gods, that was painful.

Last night's episode may have been my least favorite of the series so far. It just seemed so boring and bland. By reading some of the boards on GoT sites, I'm not alone in thinking so. The last scene, Danaerys' only scene, was good (but with some dodgy CGI) as was Tywin with Tommen, but everything else fell flat. I could not wait for the Sam and Gilly scene to end. Gods, that was painful.

Yeah, Sam and Gilly's story had been great every single scene they were in, right up to last night. Was just awkward.

Yeah, Sam and Gilly's story had been great every single scene they were in, right up to last night. Was just awkward.

Agreed. Also, I'd forgotten about the Tyrion and Pod scene, which was touching and very well done. It seems this episode was full of great scenes, and awful ones.

The opening sequence where we're at the wedding was laughably bad. The editing and speed of events was just jarring. Sansa is practically still on the scene when Cersei begins wondering where she is, and Tywin demands that no one leave King's Landing - yet Sansa leaves without any issues. In my opinion, they never should've shown Sansa at the wedding again. Dontos practically picked her up to get her to leave, and there's no way no one noticed. The director/editors should've just cut directly to her running away with Dontos.

Bleh. I just didn't like this episode.

Last edited:
I'm not so in to the Sam/Gilly storyline but otherwise I thought it was as good as usual. Definitely happy to see Lord Baelish, again. Anyway, every series has got to have some shows that are merely moving the pieces into place. I'm still just happy a show this good is on the air, personally. I'll save the complaints for if it ever nosedives in quality (i.e., Dexter).

It didn't have the hound saying funny chicken lines then killing 5 people, Daenerys' dragons or a super tense climactic wedding death of the most hated character...but I don't think anything in this episode (or the entire series for that matter) came close to being "awful".

Dontos escaping with Sansa, Baelish's appearance, the Wildling raid, Tywin informing Tommen of being king, The Hound and Arya, Tyrion and Podrick, Olenna and Margaery, Tywin offering Oberyn a seat on the council, Jon Snow trying to convince his Night's Watch brothers to head to Craster's and kill the betrayers, Daenerys' scene...I thought that was all fantastic.

The only scene I didn't care for was Sam and Gilly's. I didn't think it was bad though. Gilly just isn't a character I'm very interested in.

I thought the episode had some very strong moments but compared to what we saw the week before, it was never going to achieve those same heights nor was it supposed to. Still, a good episode. And trust me. Things are going to pick up in a hurry real soon.

...The opening sequence where we're at the wedding was laughably bad. The editing and speed of events was just jarring. Sansa is practically still on the scene when Cersei begins wondering where she is, and Tywin demands that no one leave King's Landing - yet Sansa leaves without any issues. In my opinion, they never should've shown Sansa at the wedding again. Dontos practically picked her up to get her to leave, and there's no way no one noticed.
I think it was supposed to be jarring. They were going for something kinetic and for me it worked. As for Tywin's order, he said to seal off the main port, whereas Dontos clearly took Sansa some backway out and to Baelish's ship. I also liked Cersei immediately thinking of Sansa. Seemed true to her character and would be on the top of her mind, considering circumstances. Sansa escaping during the chaos seemed pretty natural to me, as well. Interesting to me that we'd have such divergent views of the same show.

i could have watched the battle of the champions on a loop for an hour and loved it

good episode...no complaints

Back