Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: Desert Cobra Sniper!!

Also... can't recall a single desert Cobra trooper in all of RAH... even the crap Devil's Due stuff. This is as easy as pass as Cherry Cobra Commander was, imho.

At least we knew this punt was coming. Good to get it out of the way so we can anticipate actual new figures in the line again now, not lazy rehashes.

(Watch the next be a black Ninja, now that I said that )

2. Fanboy Collectibles  160x600 Collectibles Direct UK-300x250
    Ringer @ Heart MODERATOR
    Feedback
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by onethousandmasks View Post
    Like I said, SS count on fans like you guys. I'm not saying its a bad thing, or not to like it, but SS knows that there a fans out there that will buy whatever they make, no questions asked.
    I don't buy whatever they make no questions asked. Thats a totally inaccurate statement in regards to myself. Sure there are those that do but I'm not one. I just think this figure looks cool as I like the initial version they put out. However, you're acting like its a bad thing when you make statements that folks will buy no matter what. Just come out and say it already. I don't tell you how to collect don't try and tell me.

Worlds Greatest Detective
    Feedback
    43 (100%)
    Add MANDO on Facebook
    Should've had a new headsculpt. Thats my biggest nit with him.

Next!

Planet X
    Mando's Customs
    No Private Commissions At This Time

circlesendwheretheybegin
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Like I said, SS count on fans like you guys. I'm not saying its a bad thing, or not to like it, but SS knows that there a fans out there that will buy whatever they make, no questions asked.
    yeah, but going into any line you should expect a certain amount of that.

Arguably, SSC's failure to "go lazy" KILLED the LOTR line. All SSC had to do to keep that line moving was release 9 different Ringwraiths and 3 different Orcs and 3 different Urukhai reusing 90% of the same parts and everyone would be happy campers.

If them cherry picking the extra money from people willing to buy variants keeps the line moving so that specific characters get made, everyone's a winner.

may one pick up once it hits major clearance at the cheaper online retailers...or just pretend this doesnt exist at all

Costumed Freak
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    I suspect this is a filler in order to fill the 6 per year number touted earlier.

Ringer @ Heart MODERATOR
    Feedback
    28 (100%)
    Its not a matter of taste. Its a matter of SS beign lazy, and people are ok with that.

*being

Quote Originally Posted by IrishJedi View Post
    Also... can't recall a single desert Cobra trooper in all of RAH... even the crap Devil's Due stuff. This is as easy as pass as Cherry Cobra Commander was, imho.
    Read the new comics then. The ones that are now official cannon with the old IDW stuff. Cobra snipers make an apperance. Though they're not wearing this colored gear.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishJedi View Post
    (Watch the next be a black Ninja, now that I said that )
    I'd probably get a black ninja. A cool figure is a cool figure. What can I say I like some of these figures enough to get different versions. Of course as much as like these I of course want original figures as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ProgMatinee View Post
    yeah, but going into any line you should expect a certain amount of that.

Arguably, SSC's failure to "go lazy" KILLED the LOTR line. All SSC had to do to keep that line moving was release 9 different Ringwraiths and 3 different Orcs and 3 different Urukhai reusing 90% of the same parts and everyone would be happy campers.

If them cherry picking the extra money from people willing to buy variants keeps the line moving so that specific characters get made, everyone's a winner.
    All true, but this is the FOURTH version of a Cobra Trooper in what is still a pretty young line. They need to pace these variants a lot better, imho. It's not like they're churning out 10-12 figures a year or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by preeny101 View Post
    I suspect this is a filler in order to fill the 6 per year number touted earlier.
    so that means only 3 more "new" joes/cobras for 2011

1.red ninja
    2.Dusty
    3.Desert crap variant

4.Stalker 3rd quarter
    5.Zartan 3rd Quarter
    6.Shipwreck 4th Quarter

1."Rainbow" Cobra trooper variant
    2.Destro

the wait goes on and we all get older

Ringer @ Heart MODERATOR
    Feedback
    28 (100%)
    We havent had a trooper figure for a while now. Its been a bit since once was announced right?

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast