Desert Cobra Sniper!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also... can't recall a single desert Cobra trooper in all of RAH... even the crap Devil's Due stuff. This is as easy as pass as Cherry Cobra Commander was, imho.

At least we knew this punt was coming. Good to get it out of the way so we can anticipate actual new figures in the line again now, not lazy rehashes.

(Watch the next be a black Ninja, now that I said that :monkey1)

Like I said, SS count on fans like you guys. I'm not saying its a bad thing, or not to like it, but SS knows that there a fans out there that will buy whatever they make, no questions asked.

I don't buy whatever they make no questions asked. Thats a totally inaccurate statement in regards to myself. Sure there are those that do but I'm not one. I just think this figure looks cool as I like the initial version they put out. However, you're acting like its a bad thing when you make statements that folks will buy no matter what. Just come out and say it already. I don't tell you how to collect don't try and tell me.

Like I said, SS count on fans like you guys. I'm not saying its a bad thing, or not to like it, but SS knows that there a fans out there that will buy whatever they make, no questions asked.

yeah, but going into any line you should expect a certain amount of that.

Arguably, SSC's failure to "go lazy" KILLED the LOTR line. All SSC had to do to keep that line moving was release 9 different Ringwraiths and 3 different Orcs and 3 different Urukhai reusing 90% of the same parts and everyone would be happy campers.

If them cherry picking the extra money from people willing to buy variants keeps the line moving so that specific characters get made, everyone's a winner.

may one pick up once it hits major clearance at the cheaper online retailers...or just pretend this doesnt exist at all

Its not a matter of taste. Its a matter of SS beign lazy, and people are ok with that.

:slap:slap:slap:slap

*being :wink1:

Also... can't recall a single desert Cobra trooper in all of RAH... even the crap Devil's Due stuff. This is as easy as pass as Cherry Cobra Commander was, imho.

Read the new comics then. The ones that are now official cannon with the old IDW stuff. Cobra snipers make an apperance. Though they're not wearing this colored gear.

(Watch the next be a black Ninja, now that I said that :monkey1)

I'd probably get a black ninja. A cool figure is a cool figure. What can I say I like some of these figures enough to get different versions. Of course as much as like these I of course want original figures as well.

Arguably, SSC's failure to "go lazy" KILLED the LOTR line. All SSC had to do to keep that line moving was release 9 different Ringwraiths and 3 different Orcs and 3 different Urukhai reusing 90% of the same parts and everyone would be happy campers.

If them cherry picking the extra money from people willing to buy variants keeps the line moving so that specific characters get made, everyone's a winner.

All true, but this is the FOURTH version of a Cobra Trooper in what is still a pretty young line. They need to pace these variants a lot better, imho. It's not like they're churning out 10-12 figures a year or anything.

I suspect this is a filler in order to fill the 6 per year number touted earlier.

so that means only 3 more "new" joes/cobras for 2011

1.red ninja
2.Dusty
3.Desert crap variant

4.Stalker 3rd quarter
5.Zartan 3rd Quarter
6.Shipwreck 4th Quarter

1."Rainbow" Cobra trooper variant
2.Destro

the wait goes on and we all get older

We havent had a trooper figure for a while now. Its been a bit since once was announced right?

so that means only 3 more "new" joes/cobras for 2011

1.red ninja
2.Dusty
3.Desert crap variant

4.Stalker 3rd quarter
5.Zartan 3rd Quarter
6.Shipwreck 4th Quarter

1.Destro

the wait goes on and we all get older

That's the biggest gripe, imho. Variants are kind of annoying anyway... but when they happen in a line moving this slow they get very frustrating really quickly.

All true, but this is the FOURTH version of a Cobra Trooper in what is still a pretty young line. They need to pace these variants a lot better, imho. It's not like they're churning out 10-12 figures a year or anything.

I suspect this is sorta like "going all jedi" like when the SW line first started. The difference is the price point of $50 allowed SSC to make what, 10 figures a year for that line? whereas this line only gets 4 or so, so its more noticable.

I don't buy whatever they make no questions asked. Thats a totally inaccurate statement in regards to myself. Sure there are those that do but I'm not one. I just think this figure looks cool as I like the initial version they put out. However, you're acting like its a bad thing when you make statements that folks will buy no matter what. Just come out and say it already. I don't tell you how to collect don't try and tell me.

Hello? Superfan?
Dude, how many times how you gone into a thread and defend SS, when someone is putting a product down? I should'nt of said "what ever they make" that statement was wrong on my part, but I seen your post on the threads I've been in. We had the same discussion when FF was shown, there you were defending it like if we were insulting you.
If you want to buy it more power to you. But it sucks that SS does this crap. Imo, this was cheap and their way of "throwing us a bone".

How about a Viper instead?

enough of the "color" trooper variants

Exactly. And this one apparently is reusing a sculpt as well. And the sniper rifle. So essentially all Sideshow has done is change the color of some of the items and solicited a "new" figure. It's like one of the DEAD variants all over again.

If they think they're going to start getting away with that with this line...

hope you guys talk with the wallet.

also, you guys might as well get all the bellyaching out now, because I'm certain they'll also be making the regular trooper or the officer as well.

IMO they should have announced these all at once and gotten them over with.

hope you guys talk with the wallet.

Oh, I certainly will. I've passed on several figures in lines that I otherwise collect, from SW to INDY to JOE. This will just be the latest. They won't hoodwink me into giving them $100 for this thing.

Good point, didnt see it like that. Sorry Josh.
Still passing though.

No way I will be buying it...I passed on the Sniper,and Kool-Aid CC
and this will be another....Maybe Hasblow told Sideshow to produce Variants as the line goes along or they cant have the license :)

Hello? Superfan?
Dude, how many times how you gone into a thread and defend SS, when someone is putting a product down? I should'nt of said "what ever they make" that statement was wrong on my part, but I seen your post on the threads I've been in. We had the same discussion when FF was shown, there you were defending it like if we were insulting you.
If you want to buy it more power to you. But it sucks that SS does this crap. Imo, this was cheap and their way of "throwing us a bone".

I tend to tune folks out when they start with the superfan bull____. So all I read after that was blah blah blah.

How about a Viper instead?

enough of the "color" trooper variants

I'd take a Viper. I just don't see a big deal with trooper variants. They can get to be a problem like in The Dead line. However, we're not there yet with this. There's been enough balance for me so far.

Back