Hot Toys MIS10 - Michael Jackson (Beat It version) spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don't have a clue what that is...
might be something from inside the body... definitely not from an accessory and nothing from the arms, legs or head...

Does the figure articulation seem to be working fine?...
Was it a brand new figure or an opened one?

Is it part of his nose?

liz-lemon-eye-roll.gif

Wow... a new joke... GTFO :pfft:

I honestly don't have a clue what that is...
might be something from inside the body... definitely not from an accessory and nothing from the arms, legs or head...

Does the figure articulation seem to be working fine?...
Was it a brand new figure or an opened one?

New.
He seems fine. Nothing loose or wonky.:dunno

lol. Oh wow. For some reason that gif really makes me think that Tina Fey is definitely do-able. :naughty

Yes she is!!
c97c8_tina-fey-esquire-01.jpg

New.
He seems fine. Nothing loose or wonky.:dunno

Weird... I have no clue dude, this figure doesn't have any parts in that color, and it has pretty much no accessories... :dunno

It definitely broke off of something. That loop at the top should be closed. It's painted just like the white of the zippers. Which is why I thought it might be something that went with the zippers. Scale-wise it doesn't fit. In real life it would be about 8-10 inches long. That thing would be annoying as hell. Swinging and hitting you as you walked around...in Michael's case dancing around.

It's possibly just some unrelated item from the factory. Pictures were posted a fair while back of another HT figure someone received that came with a rubber glove, what they figured was accidentally left by someone on the production line. If something like that could end up in your package then surely a little junk piece of plastic could make it ways in too.

This is US $155 on amiami now.

https://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-KAI-2369&page=top

It's funny, when you think back, those people who paid $500 - 600 for this. I even must chuckle at those who paid around the $300 mark. A good number of you were so insistent that 4,000 was extremely limited and that the figure was going to disappear within days. To you people I say ha! It's now over a year later and it's not only still in stock in stores but it's discounted! Ha I say again!

Do I want this figure? I saw the price earlier today and after some thought I've decided that I don't want it. I feel like getting it but my interest is just to "complete" something, to add it alongside my other Jackson figures, which I don't think is a good enough reason to buy. Looking at this figure itself, I don't think I could bring myself to pay more than $90 - 100.

Yep. Now we know 4000 is freakin' a lot in this hobby.

$155+shipping... and shipping from Japan is a lot (arond 40-50).

Keep in mind amiami prices jump around a lot. I got their Friend for 4900 yen.

I didn't know it was selling for that much. I bought mine from sideshow only last month and it was still available in stock

4000 is lot of anything, but when you consider most toy runs are much, much higher than that, it really is "limited" in comparison. The figure is simple case of supply and demand. There just wasn't a demand for it.

In any case, I wouldn't troll the thread with comments mocking how other people spend their money. Sometimes these things sell out quick and sometimes they don't. As long as people enjoy their items and the hobby, what does it matter beyond that?

I posted to share the price for anyone interested, that's by far the lowest it's been. If someone wants the figure, certainly they'd be interested. And after that, just a little light-hearted gloating... A man should take time out to gloat every now and then if he can. I remember myself and others telling people not to fall for the crazy prices, that calling something 'Limited' doesn't make it limited, and yet they wouldn't hear any of it. I feel there's a lesson for some to learn there. We were looked upon as the crazies but now we stand vindicated!

All in all, I think it's a genuinely amusing situation.

4000 is lot of anything, but when you consider most toy runs are much, much higher than that, it really is "limited" in comparison.

Yeah, I guess it's very little when you compare it to a Fisher Price toy. That's a very good point. It's almost like you're an Arabian king now with such exquisite finery so rare! Have you also tried finding out the numbers of bread loafs produced each day? I think finding out that number might help you sleep even sounder...

Last edited:
Not sure what you're gloating about. You got a toy cheap? Why do you care what other people do with their money? It's like you have some stake in the spending habits of others. I think you're just being mean-spirited for the sake of it.

And I know you're being facetious, but you can't compare basic commodities like bread with luxury or "non-essential" goods like toys.

When an item is limited, the idea is that you want to get it before it sells out. Sometimes it does actually become difficult and more expensive to find once it goes OOP, especially these Hot Toys. If you're buying just because it's "limited" that may or may not be a good idea, but with Hot Toys, once it sells out of the retail chain, the price becomes dramatically more expensive, and that's why people become concerned about it and the production runs.

BTW, I'm not defending anyone who purchased their figure for a higher price. I'm just saying you're trolling those people and it's not necessary or relevant to the thread.

Last edited:
Not sure what you're gloating about.

That I and others were right and that another group was wrong. A debate was had when this figure first turned up on eBay and I say that today the winner of that debate has emerged! Sure, the other group may have forgotten. Sure, they may have moved on. But not I!

The only people who could see this gentle ribbing of mine (and that's all it is) as 'mean-spirited' are people who bought this and now agree, whether they admit it or not, that they overreacted to the figure's claims of rarity.

I'm not talking about those who thought it could go either way, who accepted it might go down but bought anyway just to be safe, I'm talking rather about a specific group on here who insisted 100% the price would only go up, that 4,000 was nothing, and that anyone who didn't buy immediately would go without. Those people have a lesson to learn here now.

You're pulling me into more talk than I care for with all the rest. All I wanted to do was say 'ha' and be on my way. All these answers to claims of HT rarity, numbers relative, future value and whatnot have been gone over at length earlier in this thread.

Those of you that are new to HT need to realize that most of the now sought after items never sold out quickly. Not that this piece will be sought after. We will probably never have that bubble of time when HT was coming into its own producing enough to make a profit and enough collectors/flippers finding out about them to sell out. This is were most collectors are mentally when it comes to HT. That's not today's HT. Today's HT is a major toy manufacturer producing many lines with larger production runs. You don't have to pre-order anything today to make sure you get it. To many things coming out competing for consumer's money.

This has been reduced even further on amiami, it's now only US $120. I'm not sure how long it's been at this price, I haven't checked the site in a few weeks or more, but I did see it earlier this morning and it was listed as out-of-stock but now it's back in stock. If you see it out-of-stock, check again later and it might be back.

For me it's only AU $160 shipped. That is a good price but I think I'm still going to pass on it. Maybe that's a decision I'll regret later on.

https://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-KAI-2369&page=top

I emailed amiami before and they said the figure weighs 2.54KG when packed for shipping. Work out your postage here:

https://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq.html#08

Back