Action Figure JUMP Jet Pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything checked out & production on the JUMP's began this weekend.
The agreement with the original party that commissioned me to make these has been satisfied & these are available to whoever wants one now.
There was quite a bit more work than anticipated in these but I'm very pleased on how they turned out.
People have been asking from the gate about price…in all honesty there was no way to gauge or calculate the total time,labor,materials,etc until some were actually made. Now that several have been made & the system/methods is down, a price has been established. However, I don't have a premium membership yet so those who are interested will have PM me for pricing & trade info.

This is how they will come. All drilling/machining has been done & they are ready for assembly. Any other modifications will be at one's own discretion.

Everything checked out & production on the JUMP's began this weekend.
The agreement with the original party that commissioned me to make these has been satisfied & these are available to whoever wants one now.
There was quite a bit more work than anticipated in these but I'm very pleased on how they turned out.
People have been asking from the gate about price…in all honesty there was no way to gauge or calculate the total time,labor,materials,etc until some were actually made. Now that several have been made & the system/methods is down, a price has been established. However, I don't have a premium membership yet so those who are interested will have PM me for pricing & trade info.

This is how they will come. All drilling/machining has been done & they are ready for assembly. Any other modifications will be at one's own discretion.

Say Enaud,
Is it possible to cast these in the olive drab green color of the original toy?

Say Enaud,
Is it possible to cast these in the olive drab green color of the original toy?

I addressed this in a PM but posting it to explain & easy similar curiosities.

It would not be impossible to cast them with a pigmented resin…however, it would be impractical to do so. I have a system down that has excellent results I wish to stick with.
For starters, several sets have already been made for this round. These are made/cast in several different "sessions" or "batches" per say & not all of the material of a batch is used solely for the JUMP's…I consolidate casting sessions with other casting projects in the works at the same time sharing the same mixed batches of material.
Another issue, the main one, would be color consistency. With this being done by hand as opposed to in a factory, it's difficult to keep a consistent color, especial when there are multiple & different size batches in the equation. If these were a simple one batch,one pour project... then yeah,it would be feasible. Anyone who has tried or done this, I'm sure understands what I'm talking about. Some of these parts, the larger ones & with finer details, even though being a single cast piece, are cast in several different sessions to insure the quality of the cast & reproduction of those details. For example, the main body of the blaster is done in 2 sessions…the jetpack is in 4. This would obviously result in inconsistent color throughout these various parts.

With those variables, painting it will give the best results for color consistency. Areas in question where decals would be placed are considerably smooth as is on the cast…however one's choice of paint, paint application, technique/method, &/or abilities could change that.

Last edited:
Joe Yo!!!

jump_01.jpg

Landing pad and jump pack should have been a diorama set piece. Not that broken half piece of a house.

Just completed the last finishing touches on some JUMPs. They're harnessed up with blaster & hose connected, ready for battle. Hopefully this will give folks an idea what they can potentially look like(other than natural resin)…perhaps spark some inspiration for other methods of finishing them out.
Here's my interpretation...

A soldier story pack frame & harness was my choice to use. I notched the horizontal rails on the back to allow the pack frame to fit into & epoxied in place. A piece of dense foam was cut & placed to make a pad in the center of the frame to offset the lower back support. This balanced out the angle of how the unit sits & adds a little more resistance to the straps, snugging the fit on the figure. Plus allows the jet pack to not appear strapped directly to the figure's back.

The jet boosters were drilled out as well as the tip of the barrel some for a semi realistic look. The bottom rectangular plate was drilled too to run the blaster "hose" through. Same was done on the other end to connect to the blaster.

Made the other one Cobra flavored:wink1:

Same process other than disassembling the packframe, painting it, & dyeing the straps/webbing. Of course topping it off with a cobra decal.

Back