S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The secondary market prices are getting out of control! Here's the cheapest they can be gotten shipped (prices from Amazon and related sellers)

Krillin $47
Frieza $129
Cell $125
Vegeta $192
SSJ3 Goku $199
SSJ Vegeta $240
Trunks $265
Gohan $285

Shouldn't it actually be of great concern to a company if aftermarket prices are as insane as these? It would seem a deterrent to new customers picking up the line. I can see plenty of would-be collectors seeing those prices and thinking "Oh, there's no way I can afford Gohan, Trunks, or Vegeta. I just think I'm not going to bother with this line at all if I can't get those crucial characters." Granted, this can easily backfire if they flood the market, but I can't help but feel it's in Bandai's best interest to keep a certain level of availability to entice new customers.

1srt form. hscf, 2nds form hqdx, 3rd hqdx, figuarts zero 100% final form , final form figuarts ,and custom figuarts mecha frieza.
awesome thanks
The secondary market prices are getting out of control! Here's the cheapest they can be gotten shipped (prices from Amazon and related sellers)

Krillin $47
Frieza $129
Cell $125
Vegeta $192
SSJ3 Goku $199
SSJ Vegeta $240
Trunks $265
Gohan $285

Man krillin is going up :/ wanted to get him for $40- anyone have a link lemme know please

Shouldn't it actually be of great concern to a company if aftermarket prices are as insane as these? It would seem a deterrent to new customers picking up the line. I can see plenty of would-be collectors seeing those prices and thinking "Oh, there's no way I can afford Gohan, Trunks, or Vegeta. I just think I'm not going to bother with this line at all if I can't get those crucial characters." Granted, this can easily backfire if they flood the market, but I can't help but feel it's in Bandai's best interest to keep a certain level of availability to entice new customers.

I think it's because this is a highly collectable line, each release is a "get em while they're hot" deal because re-releases of certain characters are few & far between.

Kids can't afford these, they're intended for adult collectors. If you can't find a certain character or if it's too expensive then that's your loss, not Tamashii's. They produce, we buy, and that's where the relationship ends. I feel this is their mentality when it comes to their DBZ line, it's the business mentality :/

^But it becomes their loss if they lose a potential customer due to the insane secondary market prices on critical characters. This may be a collector based line, but these aren't Sideshow pieces with strictly limited numbers. There's no promise on their part of appreciation in price.

I understand the business mentality. That doesn't make it any less a counter-intuitive mentality.

^But it becomes their loss if they lose a potential customer due to the insane secondary market prices on critical characters. This may be a collector based line, but these aren't Sideshow pieces with strictly limited numbers. There's no promise on their part of appreciation in price.

I understand the business mentality. That doesn't make it any less a counter-intuitive mentality.

They recently re-released a web exclusive with Zero SS Goku. They were testing the waters or something, but I'm still not convinced Tamashii is interested in re-releasing more web exclusives.

Odowan has the **** down. Thing is two points:

tamashii seems to be structured in a certain way a company concerning guidelines to releases and being currently, cause of the unforseen succes of this line INTERNATIONALLY, in debate as to whether truly (be able to) bend or forgo said guidelines. This persoective is based on interviews.

They also have said this year that they want to keep releases per license within a degree of proximity toward each concerning number and speed of releases.

These two company policy guidelines seem to, well frankly put, **** the bejezus out of every party concerned bar bootleg manufacturers, because it's simple: tamashii's japanese and in japan they're not aware (it seems) just how big of a fanbase DBZ has outside japan. Their not stupid ftr, but their company policy isn't truly equipped for the mass market appeal of the DBZ license, which entails a MASSIVE ARRAY of characters and versions, and isn't relatively small group of releases they can start and finish within a few years. Even bluefin's added distribution power can't ever get to mastertoyline mass prouced releases a la hasbro. This was literally said so by a bluefin rep at toyfair 2014. We'll never get quantities akin to hasbro lines. But the license itself DOES have that market deman once more people become aware of the line. And THAT is where the problem is.

So basically, because the domestic appeal let this line down, they're now trying to catch up with un unforseen freightrain that's steamrolling through their business with export recources, which in fairness to a japanese company targetting japanese franchises, tends to put domestic demand on top priority.

But the biggest problem seems to be tht tamashii as a company isn't aiming to handle a license with a potential market demand this high.

And that's why we having massive aftermarket price increases, because the supply-demand is out of bslance and will only get worse so long as tamashii tries to fit this line within their conventionl approach to production per license.

They're gonna have to adapt, or their basically gonna miss out on a **** ton of money not answering growing market demand. And that, to me, is basic idiocy commercially speaking.

It's very true that they don't seem to have any idea the appeal of this line in the West. When I was a kid, EVERYBODY watched Dragon Ball Z on Toonami after school. Then at school, everybody talked about what happened on the previous day's episode. There were few shows more popular than Dragon Ball Z. It and Pokemon were pretty much single-handedly responsible for popularizing anime in America. This was a full blown phenomenon for an entire generation, a generation that is now grown and has disposable income.

Well also keep in mind that Tamashii is a just a part of a bigger corporation: BANDAI. Who might have OTHER priorities and BIGGER profits than concentrating on the Tamashii line-up. It could also be a resource allocation issues as well where Bandai wants to devote more time, materials, factories and attention to the real domestic money-makers.

I agree with what you all said 110% and hopefully they do realize this and "catch-up". The special, "North American" re-releases we've seen with DBZ and Power Rangers are indeed a start and Tamashii/Blue Fin has a large presence at a lot of the bigger United States conventions. Also note that they've expanded licenses with getting into the INJUSTICE line, Super Mario and their recent AVP figures (I don't know what their thinking was behind this, but I figure its because of the Alien/Predator franchise popularity in the East).

And as a supposed "collector-oriented"-line focused on "infusing spirit and soul (tamashii) into everything they create" (their words!)...I certainly don't want them to skimp on quality for the sake of getting more product out.

Though it is rather silly for them to try and not to refocus more energies and resources on lines that also have overall popularity overseas...DBZ and Power Rangers largely being two of them. To us, it makes sense as the consumers, but their business practice and mindset is different...

Honestly, one of the main reasons they should take another look into DBZ's American demographic is due to it airing new content in America. Battle of Gods and the Buu Saga of Kai, at the very least, it's worth that.
awesome thanks

Man krillin is going up :/ wanted to get him for $40- anyone have a link lemme know please
It's not listed on Barnes and Nobles, but they still have Krillin at a few of their retailers. I saw one last week at least

I don't watch KAI so it's a bummer we gotta wait till it's finished for them to reveal Kid Buu, or so they say (although the Hybrid Action Kid Buu is an excellent stand-in so I don't really mind as much). You know what would be a real kicker? If at next year's SDCC, they show off Super Buu, Fat Buu & Kid Buu in a simply incredible display, only to tell us Super & Fat are for "Display Purposes Only" and they have no intentions on actually releasing them :gah:

I don't watch KAI so it's a bummer we gotta wait till it's finished for them to reveal Kid Buu, or so they say (although the Hybrid Action Kid Buu is an excellent stand-in so I don't really mind as much). You know what would be a real kicker? If at next year's SDCC, they show off Super Buu, Fat Buu & Kid Buu in a simply incredible display, only to tell us Super & Fat are for "Display Purposes Only" and they have no intentions on actually releasing them :gah:

Have they done something similar to that before?

I would've absolutely loved to have the Ride Armor for my Vile. Such a c*cktease lol. Speaking of which, I guess Tamashii's Mega Man X line isn't doing too good, or else we should've had X3 Vile, Colonel from X4, X2 armor X, or X2 Sigma by now. Maybe even some Mavericks (Figuarts Magma Dragoon would be sick). Such a shame..

We are getting another Zero from MMZ, but.. meh.

Krillin $47
Frieza $129
Cell $125
Vegeta $192
SSJ3 Goku $199
SSJ Vegeta $240
Trunks $265
Gohan $285

Imagine Anime has Perfect Cell for $100 and Frieza for $85.

Vegeta has an insane demand. I would love to get the authentic S.H. Figuarts but Da Tong Super Saiyan Vegeta is just the easier and cheaper alternative.

How has everybody posed their Piccolo figure? I have him powering up the Special Beam Cannon with his left arm off similar to his fight against Raditz. Haven't opened up my SDCC Piccolo yet though.

I have a lawyer's book case that I put all of my Dragon Ball Z S.H. Figuarts in and have been thinking about painting a background to put behind the figures. I'm still not sure how I want to display the figures. There's four shelves and I'm not sure if I'm going to display them by Sagas, fight displays, or stand alone. It would be cool to have Trunks against Android 16 and 17 with the Capsule Corp painted in the background.

Back