S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand. He still didn't officially reveal Frieza's race of origin though, right? Maybe his homeworld has been gone for decades & his species has been extinct, making King Cold's bloodline all that remains.

I've always unofficially called them "changelings"

Ive always liked what the multiverse manga called them, "frost demons"

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The multiverse is awesome an i too like frost demon, i dont see why we cant call thenthat till toriyama makes an official name for their species, heck piccolo was a demon before we found out he was a yoshi...i mean slug..i mean namekian lol

I love biology and am a life long X-Men fan, so I know what mutants are! You could be right though, and it's simply they're mutants. It doesn't bug me either way. Imagine if everyone in Ginyu's race had his powers?

Have you ever studied another language and then heard people or natives use recognizable phrases, and they don't say exactly what we're taught? I think it's like that. We might use large, massive, wide, tall, bloated, roomy, monstrous, etc. to describe something big. They all mean different things. A lot of people aren't specific, because within context, they think they can get away with just using "big". It sure is misleading for blind dates!

I'm really interested in that too, crisis. I think that changeling theory is cool!

@Deano I didn't know what you were talking about. I though you were talking about a different series called "Multi-verse Frost Demons!" That's really interesting.

btw, jessica nigri is working on a costume :naughty

https://instagram.com/p/nHvnlXPPxV/
Battle damaged FTW! :drool

Hadn't she played Goku some time back?

Thats quite cool! As I said before, I hate GT, but the ssj4 design is so good I cant help bit like it. It just makes sense that the control of ssj oozaru should create an ultimate mix form; if only they would have made the fur and hair ssj yellow, those fake ssj god pics were amazing....*sigh* its a shame!
gokupanterarosa.png

I see what you're saiyan Bane, but technically a mutant is someone whose DNA or chromosome is mutated. So the Ginyu Force, Frieza's, King Cold's (idk about Cooler being a mutant but if he is then count him to), and Goku's DNA is mutated to where they are far stronger than the norm of their respective species
Huh? Elaborate please.

It's prolly just that he skipped the gene that wouldve rendered him a weakling otherwise

Broly fits the bill of being a "Saiyan mutant" more than anybody else, though

Face-palm! When Toriyama says "mutants" what he really means is that they are just abnormally stronger than your regular warrior of the same species. That their prowess in battle is unmatched and their freakish abilities are far beyond the "normal" capacities of their race. I doubt he meant to imply there was any genetic mutation taken place at all, only that they are the best of what their race has to offer. As for Broly, I would imagine he is a genetic throwback or possesses a recessive trait so rare it only comes around once in a thousand years.

Last edited:
Maybe when he said mutant, the word he originally said in japanese doesn't literally mean mutated genetics, just that they are abnormal. It could be a result of difficult translation. That or he's just misusing the word...

what I meant by mutant was that his gene sequence was altered(mutated) making him abnormally stronger than all other Saiyans (besides Broly, but his movie was made to clarify the whole "one LEGENDARY super saiyan every 1000 years or whatever so people don't get confused with their being 5 super saiyans and have Vegeta a huge liar).

But that applies more to Ginyu Force members, I only counted Goku because Ginyu told Goku he was a mutant.

Also Broly wouldn't count as a mutant because the Legendary Super Saiyan naturally happens every 1000 years.

And I feel King Cold(possibly Chilled if you want to count him) adapted and passed those genes on making his family stronger than their race and their race died off because they were to weak. but that's just how I like to think about it

Back