S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even Bluefin/Tamashii was selling Normal Vegeta for $75 at the booth, apparently. That's weird.

Bluefin is just a distributor, so selling items at a slight price hike is not out the norm for them. They could use the extra profit to help their own business costs and also cover expense costs from going from Con to Con. But they are selling items at cheaper prices than their current market values. They were also selling the Figuart ZEROs for $35 each (except Goku, he was $40), they had D-Arts Mega Man X for $60 (slightly lower than the market), Mega Man for $45, Metallic Mega Man X for $80 and even the Figuarts Green Ranger for $80 as well (they sold out of him). They also had Frieza for $65 and Perfect Cell for $75..both lower than the market.

Though the prices were hiked, compared to the prices on eBay and Amazon vendors, their deals were a steal.

Bluefin will be at Otakon, they have a booth listed there.

I wish they had day passes for that Con. I wouldn't mind slipping in there for a day to just check the figure deals and see if I can find anything.

I'm going on vacation soon so once I have some spare cash I will prolly buy those JacksDo/Datong dioramas and i will review them accordingly

:yess: Sweet, hopefully they have SDCC Vegeta. I think last year that had SDCC Piccolo at Otakon. TY Bardoon :hi5:

That in mind, anyone want me to ask any questions? I am already going to ask about Web Exclusives (Namely SSJ Vegeta and Trunks)

Bluefin is just a distributor, so selling items at a slight price hike is not out the norm for them. They could use the extra profit to help their own business costs and also cover expense costs from going from Con to Con. But they are selling items at cheaper prices than their current market values. They were also selling the Figuart ZEROs for $35 each (except Goku, he was $40), they had D-Arts Mega Man X for $60 (slightly lower than the market), Mega Man for $45, Metallic Mega Man X for $80 and even the Figuarts Green Ranger for $80 as well (they sold out of him). They also had Frieza for $65 and Perfect Cell for $75..both lower than the market.

Though the prices were hiked, compared to the prices on eBay and Amazon vendors, their deals were a steal.

Hm, that's interesting. It's also very understandable too if they have to go from Con to Con and rent the space/booth for the weekend. I can't argue with any of that. Thanks for the detailed response!

:yess: Sweet, hopefully they have SDCC Vegeta. I think last year that had SDCC Piccolo at Otakon. TY Bardoon :hi5:

That in mind, anyone want me to ask any questions? I am already going to ask about Web Exclusives (Namely SSJ Vegeta and Trunks)

Push them for a re-release of Super Saiyan Gohan since they already have Super Saiyan Goku and Piccolo out. Maybe some hints on what their two year plan is going to be focused on. Not name specific but maybe Sagas or Heroes/Villain.

Then again they had Godzilla 2000 montserarts for $175 and DX Mazinger Z for $500. I actually argued with one of the guys there about them selling stuff for inflated prices. He said "our retailers set the prices", which is BS. They and Bandai set the prices which the retailers use until they sell out, then consumers set the aftermarket prices which the retailers then use with stock they either held back or acquired afterward.

BTW, if they do have scouter vegeta for $75 at this otakon and anyone is going, would love if one could be grabbed for me. Should've bought it at sdcc but wasn't thinking about it.

Then again they had Godzilla 2000 montserarts for $175 and DX Mazinger Z for $500. I actually argued with one of the guys there about them selling stuff for inflated prices. He said "our retailers set the prices", which is BS. They and Bandai set the prices which the retailers use until they sell out, then consumers set the aftermarket prices which the retailers then use with stock they either held back or acquired afterward.

You should've punched him in his face.

Nevermind, it seems the only S.H. Figuarts Scouter Vegeta is all from Japan.

Was he a Japan release?

BTW, if they do have scouter vegeta for $75 at this otakon and anyone is going, would love if one could be grabbed for me. Should've bought it at sdcc but wasn't thinking about it.
Bardoon and I are the only one going so far, and I'll check.

SSJ Gohan is also something I will check out too.

Last edited:

Please ask if they will continue the Sailor Moon line to include "Sailor Moon: Crystal" inspired figures matching the art style of the new 2014 anime reboot. I need Sailor Moon Crystal figures so bad! T_T

They said they need another DBZ! And Sailor Moon (from what I remember) is there number 1 line over DBZ, they can only profit by continuing that success with more figures. (say this to them :wink1: )

Also, if you could convince them that there is a demand for manga SSj Gohan, he was a normal release everywhere including Japan.

I shall. I wonder if they'll believe me if I show them this thread on my phone :lol

Be warned, with some issues in my family, there's a slight chance I could have to cancel.

Bardoon and I are the only one going so far, and I'll check.

SSJ Gohan is also something I will check out too.

I likely won't be going...but I might get in touch with you FSLAR to check out the Bluefin booth for me if you don't mind! I'm down in Northern Virginia so not far. Where are you?

I just paid a lot for SDCC and the only anime items I collect are DBZ and all I need is one day (more likely 2-3 hours) at Otakon. Unfortunately, according to their website, they don't allow one-day passes and it's $80 minimum for entrance.

Didn't notice those...I was looking mostly at the DBZ stuff and glanced at the Power Rangers and Robot Spirits. Wow, that is a little ridiculous...

eh, it's just some things here and there I've had to tend to, Philosopher.
I likely won't be going...but I might get in touch with you FSLAR to check out the Bluefin booth for me if you don't mind! I'm down in Northern Virginia so not far. Where are you?

I just paid a lot for SDCC and the only anime items I collect are DBZ and all I need is one day (more likely 2-3 hours) at Otakon. Unfortunately, according to their website, they don't allow one-day passes and it's $80 minimum for entrance.
Check out the booth like for information? Also yes, Otakon does not have one day passes. Also I live in New Jersey and am traveling down with friends

The entrance fee was lower earlier

crisis & Silrian: thanks for your comments friends :)

FYI I did a release dates list (based on Tamashii page except for the SDCC ones):

November - (Manga) Piccolo

January - (Manga) Super Saiyan Son Goku
July - (Manga) Super Saiyan Son Gohan

July - Super Saiyan Son Goku SCE*
December - Super Saiyan Vegeta

March - Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku
May - Trunks
July - Super Saiyan Son Gohan SCE*
November - Perfect Cell

April - Vegeta
June - Final Form Frieza
July - Piccolo SCE*
October - Klilyn

April - (Manga) Son Goku
June - Android No. 18
July - Vegeta OAC*
September - Android No. 17
November - Broly

January - Android No. 16**
X - Super Saiyan Vegito**

*SDCC Exclusive
**Awaiting official release date.

Only the first three (2009-2010) were not exclusive.

Gotta feeling Broly is gonna get delayed till Jan

Untitled.png

Back