S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol yeah I painted my Trunks' pupils black too, I used a Sharpie pen I bought at Staples

View attachment 129967

Just remember by altering these Figuarts in any way shape or form, even if it's to fix any defects & in this case making Trunks more accurate to the show, you're also effectively de-valuing them. Not only with Figuarts but with any highly collectible figure. I painted my Frieza's shoulders purple because the white part just irks me, but it is what it is.

I have two, but I still cant be arsed to paint the pupils.

It used to bug me, but then again after a while I figured that I didnt even see the difference from the distance Im enjoying the figures at.

since i kind of screwed up giving pupils to marvel legends star lord, i doubt id do this to trunks

How anime correct is SDCC Goku? I notice the differences with all the other SDCC figures but SDCC Goku goes over my head.

Edited: I mean I know he shading in the hair and the darker, red, gi but it doesn't scream anime to me. Didn't Goku usually have orange gi on or was that the super saiyan aura that changed the color?

Havent we been over this like a million times? His colours are true to the anime, specifically the android saga. His hair is the same as every other ssj that came after. Only some of them had too much shading. Mine goes very well with ssj Vegeta, Trunks and Gohan.

GokuSuperSaiyanVsAndroid19_zpsff16dd79.png

That sucks. I think they are going for the other characters since the success of Vegeta.

Sad that this thread will now be plagued with those hideous bootleg figures soon from the late comers.

Yeah they were shown even on tomopop last year, that's how bad they are :lol

It was also mentioned that the figures are still rising in cost, and this seems to actually apply to a few recent releases too. Krillin doesn't have free shipping and discounted prices on amazon anymore, nor does 18. Yet Normal Goku and Manga Piccolo (SSJ Goku too) have discounts and free shipping, odd. I'm gonna be checking my Barnes and Nobles Friday to see how things are at retail as well

Havent we been over this like a million times? His colours are true to the anime, specifically the android saga. His hair is the same as every other ssj that came after. Only some of them had too much shading. Mine goes very well with ssj Vegeta, Trunks and Gohan.

GokuSuperSaiyanVsAndroid19_zpsff16dd79.png

Oh yeah, that looks pretty similar. Would you happen to have a picture of them together? Did they retouch his face too or are the eyebrows just darker?

Sdcc Goku doesnt have the "age lines" darkened, which is something I hated on the orginal, gives his face a less sinister look more true to the anime. Comparison coming as soon as I take a pic :)

Edit: here you go.

1d6b0a44196cfac14e14554e740954a0.jpg

6635f16bc8554a5198b9704106d8998b.jpg

Both body shades can be accurate because it's a matter of whether he's powered up or not.
TFJQYWNlbXdjV3cx_o_dbz-super-saiyan-goku-vs-perfect-cell-part-33-remastered.jpg

It's only the manga hair colour that's really ugly imo. But then again, sdcc Goku was a bit over shaded. So there's no truly good shf goku ssj hair yet imo.

I passed on this line in early 2012 based on ssj goku as well as manga piccolo. I got in because of trunks and sdcc gohan.

All 4 existing goku's are imo still in the bottom of this line's quality spectrum.

Yeah, I really like the gi on Manga Super Saiyan Goku because it looks like the super saiyan aura is lighting it up.

Really? I think Son Goku is amazing quality. Especially with all of the different faces, hands, and energy effect.

I would put Super Saiyan Vegeta and Super Saiyan Goku at the bottom only due to the amount, or lack thereof, accessories but since Super Saiyan Goku is rereleased for $30, I don't mind.

Back