Devil May Cry Reboot?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both Dantes are dressed like they frequent gay clubs. And that's why they're both badass.

Both badasses my ass. Dante was a corny joke telling guy who had a devil may care attitude(yea i know) and made you laugh with his lines. This.... Knockoff acted like some punkass kid trying to be cool but inside he had a heart of gold that only a girl he just met can fix. Funny thing is I didnt care about his hair change or the new look, the first trailer looked fine to me but when i finally played the game his attitude was more in line with Jake muller from Re6. A wannabe badass ********* with nothing interesting to say except cuss and say He gets laid alot. Pshh.

New Dante rules, end of [emoji4][emoji2][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both badasses my ass. Dante was a corny joke telling guy who had a devil may care attitude(yea i know) and made you laugh with his lines. This.... Knockoff acted like some punkass kid trying to be cool but inside he had a heart of gold that only a girl he just met can fix. Funny thing is I didnt care about his hair change or the new look, the first trailer looked fine to me but when i finally played the game his attitude was more in line with Jake muller from Re6. A wannabe badass ********* with nothing interesting to say except cuss and say He gets laid alot. Pshh.

Another thing that knocks the new version down, no Reuben Langdon.

New Dante doesn't even taunt. We all know he's too much of a prick not to :lol

Sounds like some personal issues ya got there, Wez :lol

Squash this real quick. Old Dante was cheesy which made him awesome and twilight emo loser Dante tried hard to be cool but failed. ****** character and ****** dialogue. Either continue the franchise with original or let it die. This game tanked badly, had good gameplay but characters were ****. Why did Dante keep ****ing slurring his words? Using the f word doesn't mean your cool. Game tanked, it's over buh bye douch Dante!

tumblr_inline_mwwt2qLSBI1rssyoq.gif

Yeah, I thought it was kind of lame how they had to throw in that new Dante gets laid a lot. That's part of the trying too hard to make him look cool approach that bothered me, but I did like some aspects of the character. Somebody here mentioned that new Vergil was a wuss. I was so disappointed how he was cornered by that one enemy and you had to save him, but all of sudden at the end he's a badass that can take you on. The Vergil's Downfall dlc was very cool though. Overall, I'm fine with DMC as long as it doesn't take over the main series.

As for DMC3's gameplay being crap, ummmm I'll agree that DMC's was improved, but it was clearly based off of DMC3's foundation. DMC3 was the first game in the series to add in pauses between button mashing to deliver more variety to combos, etc. You should respect DMC3 for that alone.

Another thing that knocks the new version down, no Reuben Langdon.

Oddly enough, Reuben approved of DMC.

Yeah new Vergil does not get as much hate as Dante, I mean, I see some similarities between both Dantes. New Vergil not so much and indeed, I hate him for being a goddamn wimp and so 'goody two shoes' (initially) but I see him being praised a lot. His design is solid though.

Ehh really? The whole thing never came across as trying too hard (the trailers did but the in-game stuff changed my mind). Even the whole thing about Dante getting laid and hanging out at strip clubs were so ridiculously OTT I couldn't help but laugh at it. The slow-mo trailer scene where he puts on his clothes was enough to tell me not to take the game too seriously. :lol

I don't mind either Dante's, both still had a number of similarities yet enough differences to stand out in their own way, which I thought was cool. Also much as folks didn't seem to like the new Vergil here, I actually didn't mind his pragmatic douchey side that even Dante seemed to have been bothered with (when he shot Mundus's pregnant mistress just to piss him off even when they were trying to safely do the trade for Kat), and it was at that point when I was convinced that he's not as clean/prim and proper as he comes across. Also judging by his mindset in Vergil's Downfall, the guy clearly has some issues and I would've loved to have see more of him in a proper sequel.

Ehh really? The whole thing never came across as trying too hard (the trailers did but the in-game stuff changed my mind). Even the whole thing about Dante getting laid and hanging out at strip clubs were so ridiculously OTT I couldn't help but laugh at it. The slow-mo trailer scene where he puts on his clothes was enough to tell me not to take the game too seriously. :lol

I don't mind either Dante's, both still had a number of similarities yet enough differences to stand out in their own way, which I thought was cool. Also much as folks didn't seem to like the new Vergil here, I actually didn't mind his pragmatic douchey side that even Dante seemed to have been bothered with (when he shot Mundus's pregnant mistress just to piss him off even when they were trying to safely do the trade for Kat), and it was at that point when I was convinced that he's not as clean/prim and proper as he comes across. Also judging by his mindset in Vergil's Downfall, the guy clearly has some issues and I would've loved to have see more of him in a proper sequel.

The people who say this game tries to hard and takes itself too seriously, are generally the ones that try too hard and take themselves too seriously.

O yea Vergil. "Ive got a bigger ****" Seriously? haha. End of the game he suddenly decides to rule all humans out of nowhere which felt forced as hell. Tbh vergils downfall felt more like a dmc game than the entire game itself. As ryu mentioned he suddenly becomes an OP boss battle towards the end when in the game he barely fought.

One of the best games of 2013, started off the year with a bang!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMC3 reinvented the series, and actually gave Dante a personality. DMC4 is ONLY worth playing for seeing and playing as Dante.

DMC 4 is so weird honestly. I'm fine with an easier game but the story and general way it was made, I don't get it. Why did we play two characters in the same campaign, and not their own separate ones like Dante and Vergil, and Dante and Lucia? (The only thing 2 improved on) Why did we get a new protagonist (who reminds me too much of Raiden sometimes :cuckoo ) who while ok, is too similar to other protagonists in other games with traits like a love interest and taking things too seriously in an over the top series like this? Why give Dante the shaft? Why a stupid waiting game with some enemies like those electric things, the chimera things and fish? And a lack of content too. I like the new designs though, that's why I got PAK DMC 4 Dante over DMC 3. 4 is generally pretty fun and has some moments but ehh, I will prefer 3 always

I prefer DMC3 over 1 too because of the very complex combo system. People can even make badass music videos on youtube and have their own unique styles.

I liked DMC4 until I had to backtrack and fight the exact same bosses as Dante. That was so lame. I didn't mind Nero taking the spotlight for one game as an introduction, but for one game only (not that we ever got a proper sequel or conclusion to the series after that).

Back