English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can Giggs still play while he is interim manager? :lol

Player-managers aren't unheard of.

Dwight Yorke has suggested Giggs should get the manager's job full time but that would be worse than keeping Moyes as he's never managed anyone before.

The new manager has to be someone who's been there and done it with a big club.

Louis Van Gaal fits that description and will be available.

Player-managers aren't unheard of.

Dwight Yorke has suggested Giggs should get the manager's job full time but that would be worse than keeping Moyes as he's never managed anyone before.

The new manager has to be someone who's been there and done it with a big club.

Louis Van Gaal fits that description and will be available.

TalkSport are saying Utd are considering the idea of Van Gaal short-term while taking Giggs under his wing to be there long term manager but who can say Giggs will be a good manager. I always remember how everyone thought Keane would go on to be a great manager & look how that turned out :horror

Diego Simeone has been sounded out to Utd and are considering him as an option but view him as a gamble.

The perfect option would definitely be Klopp but that won't happen. There isn't that many obvious options out there for Utd

TalkSport are saying Utd are considering the idea of Van Gaal short-term while taking Giggs under his wing to be there long term manager but who can say Giggs will be a good manager. I always remember how everyone thought Keane would go on to be a great manager & look how that turned out :horror

Diego Simeone has been sounded out to Utd and are considering him as an option but view him as a gamble.

The perfect option would definitely be Klopp but that won't happen. There isn't that many obvious options out there for Utd

If Giggs wants to be United manager he should go off and learn the ropes with smaller teams for a decade or so and then if he proves himself ie by winning something with a side that plays decent football, he may be worth a shot.

Until then he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the top job.

I'd sooner see Benitez or Wenger manage United before Giggs.

If anyone managed to stay awake the Atletico Chelsea match let me describe what happened on a clairvoyant comment I read on Daily Mail long back on the match Report to the Barca Atletico 1-1 draw

""I will be waiting to watch Atletico vs Chelsea somewhere at some point.Simone vs Mou.I believe the ball will roam alone at midfield"

Horrible horrible game. I was one of those people who never liked fans throwing the small club/big club insults. But if there was no definition for what small clubs are, this game showed it in spades.

And these two coaches are supposed to be so good and wanted by top clubs! Great coaches bought more than just success to the sport. Their contribution went beyond the narrow confines of the club trophy room and went straight to the legacy of the game.

These are not great coaches, these are not great teams. These are cowards... Pathetic display of football. More like Volleyball to be true to how it was played.

Not just Chelsea mate, did you see Ateltico's reluctance to commit men and try to score? What the hell?! Like two boxers waiting endlessly for the other to throw the first punch

Posession: Atleti 20%, Chelsea 5%, Eva Carneiro 75%

Not just Chelsea mate, did you see Ateltico's reluctance to commit men and try to score? What the hell?! Like two boxers waiting endlessly for the other to throw the first punch

Posession: Atleti 20%, Chelsea 5%, Eva Carneiro 75%

Yeah the Spanish league cant be all that if Atletico are top. :dunno
They just kept lumping it into the area a bit like how Stoke used to play. Difference is Stoke has Crouch and Rory Delap :lol

If that's an example of the sort of football Simeone's teams play the United board better not be looking to him as a potential replacement for Moyes.

Whoever gets the job will have a hard time. Fergie left Moyes with a right mess to deal with.

He was left a huge mess from Alex.

I feel bad for moyes. I honestly do considering how many united players will sign better deals with the club for more money and it's partly their fault for the club's position.

The manager gets the sack and reports are that united players are out in the clubs. Rafael is a **** player...moyes had nothing to do with that. RVP is a money grubbing skunk who fakes injuries, again, moyes didn't sign him.

I just feel bad for the guy.

I don't feel sorry for Moyes as it looks like his payoff will be somewhere in the region of £5 million.

That's not a bad return considering he was an abject failure.

I also don't buy that Fergie dealt him as bad a hand as Moyes made it look.

Most incoming managers inherit a poor side....Moyes inherited the team that won the league by 11 points the previous season.

Yes, the squad was nowhere near as good as a few years ago but a decent manager would have listened to Fergie and kept his backroom staff at least for a year or two to help the transition go more smoothly instead of dumping them and bringing in his fellow losers from Everton.

A decent manager also wouldn't have made such a mess of his first transfer window, continually played people out of position, shown some kind of flexibility and inventiveness in his tactical approach and wouldn't have made a complete arse of himself and the club in every interview by suggesting his team played well despite being played off the park virtually every week.

United wouldn't have won the league this season had Fergie stayed, but they wouldn't have been as bad as they have been.

I don't feel sorry for Moyes as it looks like his payoff will be somewhere in the region of £5 million....not a bad return considering he was an abject failure.

I also don't buy that Fergie dealt him as bad a hand as he made it look.

Yes, the squad was nowhere near as good as a few years ago but a decent manager would have listened to Fergie and kept his backroom staff at least for a year or two to help the transition go more smoothly instead of dumping them and bringing in losers from Everton.

A decent manager also wouldn't have made such a mess of his first transfer window, continually played people out of position, shown some kind of flexibility in his tactical approach or made a complete arse of himself in every interview by suggesting his team played well despite being played off the park virtually every week.

United wouldn't have won the league this season had Fergie stayed, but they certainly wouldn't have been as bad as they have been.

All true points. It's just hard to pass 100 percent of the blame onto Moyes. And it's not about the money with him, his reputation is tarnished with this. Let alone the death threats against him and his family.

I see a revolving door with managers and United for the next 5 years. The precedent has been set that if you aren't first you will be fired. It's going to be tough to sign players in the summer when United don't have champions league. They might not even have Europa league. It's going to be tough. I see them becoming the new Chelsea..going through managers every season.

All true points. It's just hard to pass 100 percent of the blame onto Moyes. And it's not about the money with him, his reputation is tarnished with this. Let alone the death threats against him and his family.

I see a revolving door with managers and United for the next 5 years. The precedent has been set that if you aren't first you will be fired. It's going to be tough to sign players in the summer when United don't have champions league. They might not even have Europa league. It's going to be tough. I see them becoming the new Chelsea..going through managers every season.

Anyone who threatens someone's life over something like football is scum.

Unfortunately, that type of nastiness goes hand in hand with the English game particularly with supporters of certain teams. Look at all the pot stirring, anti-United BS that gets posted in this very thread for example....there's just no need for it.

I'll take as many managers as Chelsea have had in the last decade if they bring in as many trophies. Nobody is ever going to do a Fergie and stay in a job that long again, that's just how the game has changed.

Chelsea and Manchester City didn't have Champions League football at one stage. It didn't stop them getting top players because they just offered big wages.

United are still a financial juggernaut so they can and will do the same.

If they can get a manager like Van Gaal who's got a decent reputation then the lack of European football for at least a year won't be that much of an issue....few players in the squad wanted to play for Moyes and it showed.

I don't expect a quick fix, but I don't think the situation is terminal either.

United will be back.

Moyes was the wrong man for the job and was used by Fergie to keep his legacy intact. Moyes is not a top four manager and never will be. Fergie knew what he was doing when he decided to retire and chose Moyes as his replacement. For a manger who's legacy was rebuilding top team after top team he left Moyes with a group of very average and egotistical players. The next man to come in and manage Utd needs to tell Fergie to stay away from the club otherwise the club will never move on.

Anyone who threatens someone's life over something like football is scum.

Unfortunately, that type of nastiness goes hand in hand with the English game particularly with supporters of certain teams. Look at all the pot stirring, anti-United BS that gets posted in this very thread for example....there's just no need for it.

:rotfl From what I've seen, you've been the most "anti-United" person on here, you even wished a career ending injury on one of your own players:slap

Mind I add that Moyes actually offered Meulensteen the No. 2 job. He declined.

If that was the case, it's probably because he didn't want to work with someone who spent 11 years achieving absolutely nothing at his previous club.

In any case, it changes nothing, Moyes was never the right man for the job.

It's a mistake that's now been rectified and the rebuilding process can now begin.

scarecrow jim,
Most of what I've said has just been letting off steam. All fans do that from time to time and sometimes I go a bit overboard.

Back with the 'anti-United' campaign :lol

10171134_849024805113194_8379300365518450098_n.jpg

I havent been following man utd's games closely this season but I must say I'm a little surprised at Moye's inability to get the best out of his players.

You got a Rooney, Juan Mata, Kagawa and a semi-crocked RVP. These aren't exactly developing players that need careful spoon feeding and coaching.

Maybe the players just didn't respect him enough? After all his CV is pretty bleak...

Or maybe Moyes was trying too hard to mold the team into his own image too fast and the team just didn't buy into his footballing philosophy.

Either way it is definitely an error in man management.

You look at all the best managers...all of them have a certain charisma. You Look at the up and coming Brendan Rodgers, who is able to preach your ears off about his footballing ideas to such an extent you find yourself agreeing with him just to stop him from talking. Moyes has a distinct lack of charisma.

Last edited:
Back