English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once Van Persie is fit, they will be fine up top. Bets suspended on Di Maria signing which usually indicates a done deal. Great signing that will be.

When Sky start reporting things on their website it usually turns out to be legit and they were saying the Di Maria deal is imminent last night.

A winger of Di Maria's ability would definitely be worth the money as with him on one wing and Januzaj on the other United would actually pose a threat from out wide which they never look close to doing with Young and Valencia :lol

Once Van Persie is fit, they will be fine up top. Bets suspended on Di Maria signing which usually indicates a done deal. Great signing that will be.

They are going to need much more than that to win the title. United fans still swear that the title is theirs to lose. To me they looked mediocre at best today. Not sure how how they are the best in the EPL.

But on a positive note Young hasn't lost any of his diving skills.

They are going to need much more than that to win the title. United fans still swear that the title is theirs to lose. To me they looked mediocre at best today. Not sure how how they are the best in the EPL.

Never been the case in anything I've seen or heard.

Not sure if any of you are following Evil Kagawa on twitter, but if you're not, do it.

Evil Kagawa @evilkagawa · 3h

Cleverley - 4 year..3 goal..2 assist..1 useless bastard!

Statistics.

Brilliant. :lol

Not on this forum. You're the only united fan in this thread. But go read the united threads on bigsoccer.com. Pretty funny.

I'll be sure to check it out. But even on twitter and some of the stuff I've seen on facebook, most (sane) United fans are realistic. The nut jobs can be funny, though.

£63.9 million for Di Maria?! He's a good player but that much money, really...

I think he could have been bought for closer to £50 million if the chief executive had kept his trap shut.

But he blabbed to the world that "we have no limit on transfer funds and are prepared to break records if necessary".

Other clubs saw that and thought "Right, we'll see how serious they are" and added millions to the asking price of any players United were intrested in.

United have no sugar daddy, all their transfers are paid for from money raised through the various revenue streams so if the owners are serious about giving van Gaal the proper tools to rebuild the squad then they're going to have to keep stumping up the cash.

Great signing but $63.9 Million?!?!? :eek I can't believe that figure

Again..desperate times. What else does united have to offer? No champions league. Odds are they will finish fifth or worse again this year. So no champions next year. Why else would di maria, a starter on prob the best team in the world leave? Money...lots of money. And how is he going to fit into this midfield? Seems to me united are just doing a big name signing. I think they need help in other areas.

Yeah true I more concerned about Arsenal anyway. I just feel like our poor preparation (yeah I know World Cup etc) is costing us dearly at the moment. No disrespect to any Everton fans I think they are a great team I just expected a better performance from our boys. They look very flat.

Yeah true I more concerned about Arsenal anyway. I just feel like our poor preparation (yeah I know World Cup etc) is costing us dearly at the moment. No disrespect to any Everton fans I think they are a great team I just expected a better performance from our boys. They look very flat.

Everton is high quality. They were good under moyes and even better with Martinez. This was a game would would have lost last year. Coming back 2 down with six minutes left shows promise.

After painfully watching the opening games, seems like the whole United squad are scared of a repeat of last season since they just look lost and hapless. But unlike Moyes, I trust a qualified Van Gaal and his ability. Hopefully in a short time, we'll be able to deploy our first team squad soon without the burdens of injuries or work permits so we don't have to keep playing deadwood. Feel sorry for the brilliant fans who traveled the country to watch that diabolical 'performance'.

Saw Tottenham play before the United game and boy did they play well. Erikson and Lamela look promising and Mauricio Pochettino knows what he's doing.

Looking forward to City v Liverpool tomorrow. I wonder if City will continue where they left off last season and if Liverpool play with the same swagger without their talisman.

People are already judging them with pretty much the same players as last season. Once the window shuts, it will still take possibly 6 or so weeks for the team to start picking itself and the players to understand what the manager wants. Di Maria is a lot of money but he is class, won titles and the champions league . I love the fact they are dropping points because come April, they will be in around the top 4, possibly higher imo.

Watching MOTD2, Either QPR are really bad or Tottenham might actually hang onto the same manager for the whole season this time.

I think it was a bit of both tbh. Id like to think Poch can make it work and keeps his job beyond a year lol. Levy really has to trust him now tho as we have our new stadium in the works and gave poch a 5 year deal. We cant keep shelling out compensation fee's by sacking managers.

People are already judging them with pretty much the same players as last season. Once the window shuts, it will still take possibly 6 or so weeks for the team to start picking itself and the players to understand what the manager wants. Di Maria is a lot of money but he is class, won titles and the champions league . I love the fact they are dropping points because come April, they will be in around the top 4, possibly higher imo.

Unlike his predecessor I think van Gaal can get United moving in the right direction again.

His track record is very good, and he has a coherent football philosophy. He just lacks enough decent players in certain positions.

Di Maria is second only to Messi for assists in the last 3 years of La Liga. You only have to look at the Sunderland game to see how badly United need a player who can unlock defences like that.

If he can link up well with the likes of Mata, Rooney and RVP then more goals will come and he could also help persuade other big names that United are still worth signing for despite being in a rough patch.

Once Shaw and Rojo are available they should help plug some of the gaps in the defence although I still think Daley Blind and another centre back wouldn't go amiss.

The biggest problem is still the lack of a defensive midfielder that isn't ****.

If Kevin Strootman is the long term target then Nigel de Jong will do for now and if Chicharito is used as bait a swap deal might be doable as Milan need a new striker.

Back