English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've thought that myself, Fergie's ego wouldn't like the idea of someone winning something with his team so he picked Moyes knowing he'd screw things up so badly that the squad would require a massive overhaul.

United's support is so big, they even have a following on Asgard,

If anyone deserves a whack from Mjolnir it's Rooney :lol

:lol

Awesome pic.

So James Rodriguez has officially gone to Real Madrid for €80m. Incredible.

How Real Madrid negotiate transfers:

BtJiZGtIcAAT9ii.jpg

Last edited:
It's a pity that United no longer negotiate transfers like that, they used to pre-Glazers.

Now they pay the media to create just enough hype about possible new arrivals to ensure the gullible hardcore fans snap up all the season tickets.

Once they're all sold the BS campaign continues and eventually the excuses about the lack of new signings start.

On a German radio show Jurgen Klopp has basically laughed off the reports of the Hummels deal and made it clear he's not for sale, particularly for as little as £16 million.

No real suprise as £16 million for a World Cup winner sounded way too good to be true.

It's a pity that United no longer negotiate transfers like that, they used to pre-Glazers.

Now they pay the media to create just enough hype about possible new arrivals to ensure the gullible hardcore fans snap up all the season tickets.

Once they're all sold the BS campaign continues and eventually the excuses about the lack of new signings start.

On a German radio show Jurgen Klopp has basically laughed off the reports of the Hummels deal and made it clear he's not for sale, particularly for as little as £16 million.

No real suprise as £16 million for a World Cup winner sounded way too good to be true.

I still remain hopeful that a few more players will come. There's still over a month until the window ends, and even though it's a cliche; better late than never.

However, it would of course be ideal to snap up the targets as quick as possible. If there's no more activity by mid-August, then I'll give up. :lol

I still remain hopeful that a few more players will come. There's still over a month until the window ends, and even though it's a cliche; better late than never.

However, it would of course be ideal to snap up the targets as quick as possible. If there's no more activity by mid-August, then I'll give up. :lol

Better late than never? I wouldn't have said that about Fellaini :lol

I suppose I should retain some optimism but the season is getting closer and there's been nothing like the amount of activity that's required to get them back into the top 4 and most of the teams above them have strengthened further.

The only new arrivals since Shaw and Herrera are some new trees at the training ground which are probably less likely to be dead wood than the chief executive and several of the current playing staff.

Louis van Gaal's first game is tomorrow against LA Galaxy, if he can start with a win he'll be doing better than Moyes who lost to a Singha Beer Allstar XI.

Better late than never? I wouldn't have said that about Fellaini :lol

I suppose I should retain some optimism but the season is getting closer and there's been nothing like the amount of activity that's required to get them back into the top 4 and most of the teams above them have strengthened further.

The only new arrivals since Shaw and Herrera are some new trees at the training ground which are probably less likely to be dead wood than the chief executive and several of the current playing staff.

Louis van Gaal's first game is tomorrow against LA Galaxy, if he can start with a win he'll be doing better than Moyes who lost to a Singha Beer Allstar XI.

Fellaini doesn't count. Actually, let's just pretend he doesn't play for the club. :lol

I agree it's disconcerting that teams who finished above United are strengthening, but I believe if a few players are signed in the coming weeks, a top 4 spot is possible. As long as they're quality, of course.

I'm looking forward to Van Gaal's first game. Although I'm not sure they're televising it here in Australia. On the topic of Moyes' first game which was a loss, I was actually present for his first win as manager against the A-League All Stars. :lol It was 5-1, but it was still a pretty **** game.

Fellaini doesn't count. Actually, let's just pretend he doesn't play for the club. :lol

I agree it's disconcerting that teams who finished above United are strengthening, but I believe if a few players are signed in the coming weeks, a top 4 spot is possible. As long as they're quality, of course.

I'm looking forward to Van Gaal's first game. Although I'm not sure they're televising it here in Australia. On the topic of Moyes' first game which was a loss, I was actually present for his first win as manager against the A-League All Stars. :lol It was 5-1, but it was still a pretty **** game.

Now he's had his hair cut he won't stand out so much. Maybe that's his plan to avoid the axe :lol

It's embarrassing seeing so many other Premier League teams outperforming United in the transfer market because our revenue is beyond any of them.

They could easily spend £200 million on new players and make it back just from shirt sales, but the Glazers seem to think the success of the last 20 years can be maintained on a shoestring budget, either that or the chief executive really is clueless.

You saw Moyes win a game as United boss? A very rare occasion indeed :lol

Now he's had his hair cut he won't stand out so much. Maybe that's his plan to avoid the axe :lol

It's embarrassing seeing so many other Premier League teams outperforming United in the transfer market because our revenue is beyond any of them.

They could easily spend £200 million on new players and make it back just from shirt sales, but the Glazers seem to think the success of the last 20 years can be maintained on a shoestring budget, either that or the chief executive really is clueless.

You saw Moyes win a game as United boss? A very rare occasion indeed :lol

So Woodward has again come out in the last 24 hours and said stuff like there is no budget, money is not a problem and "we’re not afraid of spending significant amounts of money in the transfer market."

Not afraid? Well you better get cracking, mate. I've said I believe we'll see some more signings soon, but whenever I read this kind of thing it just makes me more frustrated that more has not been done.

So Woodward has again come out in the last 24 hours and said stuff like there is no budget, money is not a problem and "we’re not afraid of spending significant amounts of money in the transfer market."

Not afraid? Well you better get cracking, mate. I've said I believe we'll see some more signings soon, but whenever I read this kind of thing it just makes me more frustrated that more has not been done.

Yeah, I saw that. The guy's a moron :cuckoo:

At this point, less talking and more spending would be a bloody good idea because if he screws up again it's only going to bring more ridicule on the club.

Yeah, I saw that. The guy's a moron :cuckoo:

At this point, less talking and more spending would be a bloody good idea because if he screws up again it's only going to bring more ridicule on the club.

:lecture Less talking and more spending sums it up about perfectly.

There have been some reports in the past couple of hours that United are submitting a fresh bid for Vidal in the region of £39m. Hopefully the money and the recent Evra deal will be enough for Juve.

:lecture Less talking and more spending sums it up about perfectly.

There have been some reports in the past couple of hours that United are submitting a fresh bid for Vidal in the region of £39m. Hopefully the money and the recent Evra deal will be enough for Juve.

We'll see.

In the meantime we'll get the first indication of what system van Gaal will have United playing with his first game against LA Galaxy along with some nauseating pics of that self promoting parasite Beckham with current squad members.

Jurgen Klopp is funny, he says if the Hummels story isn't BS he'll eat a broomstick! :lol

We'll see.

In the meantime we'll get the first indication of what system van Gaal will have United playing with his first game against LA Galaxy along with some nauseating pics of that self promoting parasite Beckham with current squad members.

Jurgen Klopp is funny, he says if the Hummels story isn't BS he'll eat a broomstick! :lol

I'm looking forward to the match. But yeah, we can expect a Beckham overload.

:lol I love Jurgen Klopp. Great manager, but above all he seems like a great guy.

I'm looking forward to the match. But yeah, we can expect a Beckham overload.

:lol I love Jurgen Klopp. Great manager, but above all he seems like a great guy.

So far I've seen Beckham posing for a pic with Juan Mata. It'd have been funny if Mata hadn't recognised who he was :lol

If he's available when the time comes I'd like Klopp to follow van Gaal instead of Giggs.

As great a player as he was Giggs isn't to be trusted as he's only in it for himself and his pals from the Class of '92.

If van Gaal's methods don't produce instant results Giggs will be the one to start the revolution and get him out because he knows he's next in line for the job.

So far I've seen Beckham posing for a pic with Juan Mata. It'd have been funny if Mata hadn't recognised who he was :lol

If he's available when the time comes I'd like Klopp to follow van Gaal instead of Giggs.

As great a player as he was Giggs isn't to be trusted as he's only in it for himself and his pals from the Class of '92.

If van Gaal's methods don't produce instant results Giggs will be the one to start the revolution and get him out because he knows he's next in line for the job.

I'd love to see Klopp at United. What he's done with Dortmund has been fantastic. Although the real test will come this season without Lewandowski.

So a 7-0 win for United. Pre-season friendlies don't really mean anything, but... 7-0 is good. :lol I didn't watch the game but I'll have to check out the highlights.

I'd love to see Klopp at United. What he's done with Dortmund has been fantastic. Although the real test will come this season without Lewandowski.

So a 7-0 win for United. Pre-season friendlies don't really mean anything, but... 7-0 is good. :lol I didn't watch the game but I'll have to check out the highlights.

Obviously the result shouldn't be cause to get carried away as LA Galaxy would struggle to stay in the Championship or League 1 but it's a very positive start.

Like with Holland van Gaal had United playing 3-5-2 and one text update from a reporter for the Manchester Evening News said,
"In 20 minutes under van Gaal I've seen more energy and creativity from United than in 10 months of Moyes".

The much maligned midfield is still short of a battler like Vidal or Strootman, but the attacking options are decent. Mata and Herrera linked up very well and Kagawa and Januzaj would be other options for those positions.

The big worry for me is the defence as Smalling, Evans and Jones might have looked alright against a team like Galaxy but unless they suddenly become awesome will get exposed by better teams. And Rafael and Valencia are not good options for the right wing back position.

The best comment I've read from a fan was this,

"Ashley Young stayed on his feet for long enough to score twice....van Gaal IS a miracle worker!" :lol

Roma are next and will provide a tougher test....and an opportunity to start enquiring about Strootman.

Liverpool are now being linked with Vidal.

If they get him due to United's dithering then Woodward should be sacked.

Obviously the result shouldn't be cause to get carried away as LA Galaxy would struggle to stay in the Championship or League 1 but it's a very positive start.

Like with Holland van Gaal had United playing 3-5-2 and one text update from a reporter for the Manchester Evening News said,
"In 20 minutes under van Gaal I've seen more energy and creativity from United than in 10 months of Moyes".

The much maligned midfield is still short of a battler like Vidal or Strootman, but the attacking options are decent. Mata and Herrera linked up very well and Kagawa and Januzaj would be other options for those positions.

The big worry for me is the defence as Smalling, Evans and Jones might have looked alright against a team like Galaxy but unless they suddenly become awesome will get exposed by better teams. And Rafael and Valencia are not good options for the right wing back position.

The best comment I've read from a fan was this,

"Ashley Young stayed on his feet for long enough to score twice....van Gaal IS a miracle worker!" :lol

Roma are next and will provide a tougher test....and an opportunity to start enquiring about Strootman.

Liverpool are now being linked with Vidal.

If they get him due to United's dithering then Woodward should be sacked.

That comment is certainly good to hear. The midfield and defence is still lacking, and as you say, Roma will be a tougher test. We'll also be in a better position to gauge where the team is against a team like Roma.

From the few highlights I did see, Ander Herrera played a couple of nice passes to set up some goals, and if I read it correctly, he was voted man of the match.

:lol Great comment.

Yeah, I've seen Liverpool being linked to Vidal and their plan to "hijack" the deal. If they do get him, a sacking is certainly in order.

That comment is certainly good to hear. The midfield and defence is still lacking, and as you say, Roma will be a tougher test. We'll also be in a better position to gauge where the team is against a team like Roma.

From the few highlights I did see, Ander Herrera played a couple of nice passes to set up some goals, and if I read it correctly, he was voted man of the match.

:lol Great comment.

Yeah, I've seen Liverpool being linked to Vidal and their plan to "hijack" the deal. If they do get him, a sacking is certainly in order.

Juan Mata said he enjoys playing alongside Herrera and on the evidence of the first game for United they could form a very effective combination.

He'd never say it in public but I also wonder whether Mata is relieved to have a manager that actually plays him in the middle as for some reason Moyes thought he was a winger :cuckoo:

The perennial rumors about Wesley Sneijder to United are circulating again. He's past his best but is still decent and for the £16 million that's being suggested might not be a bad addition, but it would still feel like a consolation prize after all of Woodward's big talk about how much money they're allegedly willing to spend.

In the post match press conference an American reporter asked van Gaal if he feared Roma and Inter.

He replied "I fear nothing" in a manner that was reminiscent of Ivan Drago :lol

Juan Mata said he enjoys playing alongside Herrera and on the evidence of the first game for United they could form a very effective combination.

He'd never say it in public but I also wonder whether Mata is relieved to have a manager that actually plays him in the middle as for some reason Moyes thought he was a winger :cuckoo:

The perennial rumors about Wesley Sneijder to United are circulating again. He's past his best but is still decent and for the £16 million that's being suggested might not be a bad addition, but it would still feel like a consolation prize after all of Woodward's big talk about how much money they're allegedly willing to spend.

In the post match press conference an American reporter asked van Gaal if he feared Roma and Inter.

He replied "I fear nothing" in a manner that was reminiscent of Ivan Drago :lol

Mata and Herrera playing together seems to be a great prospect. And I'm sure he is absolutely relieved.

Ah, the Sneijder rumours. Although he is definitely past his past, I wouldn't mind seeing him at the club as I still think he was something to offer. He can always pop up with a goal or two.

:lol It's great to have a manager that is fearless, says what he wants and simply does not give a ****.

And Vidal has come out and said he won't be going to Manchester. Well, that's just fantastic. Looks like we can well and truly move on, now.

Mata and Herrera playing together seems to be a great prospect. And I'm sure he is absolutely relieved.

Ah, the Sneijder rumours. Although he is definitely past his past, I wouldn't mind seeing him at the club as I still think he was something to offer. He can always pop up with a goal or two.

:lol It's great to have a manager that is fearless, says what he wants and simply does not give a ****.

And Vidal has come out and said he won't be going to Manchester. Well, that's just fantastic. Looks like we can well and truly move on, now.

Sneijder's arrival would help push "the Belgian guy" closer to the exit door so I'd be all for it :lol

In all honesty I wonder if United even made an approach for Vidal, it seems like a story that's entirely come from the media so that when nothing comes of it they can print their usual BS about United being snubbed.

I think Strootman might be a more realistic "rumor" due to the Dutch connection.

As United manager Moyes looked and sounded like he was about to **** a brick.

Not the best image to project to the media or his players.

van Gaal has the same arrogance that Fergie and Mourinho have. It won't win him any popularity contests but if he can inspire that kind of self belief in his players it'll win him a lot of football matches.

Sneijder's arrival would help push "the Belgian guy" closer to the exit door so I'd be all for it :lol

In all honesty I wonder if United even made an approach for Vidal, it seems like a story that's entirely come from the media so that when nothing comes of it they can print their usual BS about United being snubbed.

I think Strootman might be a more realistic "rumor" due to the Dutch connection.

As United manager Moyes looked and sounded like he was about to **** a brick.

Not the best image to project to the media or his players.

van Gaal has the same arrogance that Fergie and Mourinho have. It won't win him any popularity contests but if he can inspire that kind of self belief in his players it'll win him a lot of football matches.

If Sneijder's arrival would assist in his exit, then that's a great bonus. :lol

The thing that makes me think there was some kind of approach was the fact that Vidal didn't come out straight away and say it wasn't happening. He seemed fairly open to a move. But there's so much BS thrown around nowadays so who really knows.

Strootman would be a good option. I was watching an interview prior to the World Cup where Van Gaal talked about Strootman and how he was one of his most important players, so he obviously thinks highly of him.

Every press conference/interview I ever watched with Moyes showed an obvious lack of confidence and charisma. Within the first 5 minutes of his first press conference Van Gaal had won me over. He knows he has accomplished great things in the past and he isn't afraid to talk about it... multiple times. :lol

Back