1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only other versions announced are the security droids with the red paint aps. They previewed the pilot droids way back, but no announcement yet.

Well I just found an online seller in the deep dark corner of the internet that had a couple of pairs of the infantry droids at less than sideshow pricing and bought a few sets...first 1/6 I am not really sure about...just not too sure about their construction...but when they get here next week, I will open one and see what they are like in hand...I am sure I will have no trouble finding them a new home if I need to without losing any money...

...and they are here...not bad...they feel fragile....have to play with them a bit...

I noticed that the names on the backpacks are not the same as the photos on the Rebelscum site...what is the story with them?

...and they are here...not bad...they feel fragile....have to play with them a bit...

I noticed that the names on the backpacks are not the same as the photos on the Rebelscum site...what is the story with them?

There was a regular set and an exclusive set. The exclusive set as seen in Rebelscum's photo archives had a variant backpack with the identification numbers "1138" which is an easter egg found in all six Star Wars movies (homage to THX 1138).

There was a regular set and an exclusive set. The exclusive set as seen in Rebelscum's photo archives had a variant backpack with the identification numbers "1138" which is an easter egg found in all six Star Wars movies (homage to THX 1138).

I know the exclusive had a thrid backpack, but the standard two they show is not the same as the two I have here, did they have more than one letter / number set randomly packed?

glennspics030.jpg

I checked online and there seem to bee several different names on the backpacks, I got one of the : DDD but the other one is IUD: which I haven't found a picture of that one yet.

I found so far about 8 different names on the backpacks, not including the 1138 exclusive one. (UUIC was another one in a review online) and I don't know what the others packs are yet, I only opened the one box since I am not sure I am keeping the droids yet...so I haven't checked what the others are.

I checked online and there seem to bee several different names on the backpacks, I got one of the : DDD but the other one is IUD: which I haven't found a picture of that one yet.

I found so far about 8 different names on the backpacks, not including the 1138 exclusive one. (UUIC was another one in a review online) and I don't know what the others packs are yet, I only opened the one box since I am not sure I am keeping the droids yet...so I haven't checked what the others are.

Wow thats cool adds a bit of variation I guess

Anybody have suggestions about moving the arms at the shoulders...these guys do not have strong joints and I really don't want to force anything on them...their shoulders won't turn, and I am sure they are supposed to...and I can only get the necks about 2/3 of the way up...their chins still hit their chests...any thoughts about "softening them up"?

On the necks....grasp the neck as close to the body as possible (don't grab by head!)...it will move with a little force (sorry, bad pun).
That's the trick I've learned with all of the droids, from Ig-88 on through Grievous...move or position it holding as close to the joint as possible.

Good luck...

Anyone getting the security droids from SS? I don't have any droids but saw they were shipping so I was thinking of ordering them with the May coupon as my first ones.

Back