1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so is mine just bad quality control. are your security droids similar to mine?

10371928_2549482489814_3348729707121726581_n.jpg
10372207_2549482249808_6678329754680815834_n.jpg

i have no problem with the veteran. its the clean one i have a problem with

Yours seems slightly more noticeable but all six of my clankers have that wash look to them

Yours seems slightly more noticeable but all six of my clankers have that wash look to them

i have an oom9, 4 sets of infantry battle droids, and now 2 security droids. i know the washed out look you're talking about but these security droids ( well at least mine are terrible)

Untitled.jpg

mind posting your security droid, for comparison. would be a huge favor

Here the set I recieved in broad daylight....

First, direct sun on front....

....and sun from behind....

...and they have the "wash" and detail to them. I like this....I don't consider it a defect. sufu...the wash on your "clean" one may be a little heavier (or your photo is bringing it out), but I don't know if I'd consider that "poor quality control" or a defect. But again, to each their own. I'm pleased with both of these in this set.

image.jpg

Got mine today.

Good paint job on the weathered droid,
but I think the clean one bears closer resemblance to how they appear in the movies.

The Security Battle droids look awesome.

I need to build up some Droids. I missed the originals, but I could always get the STRAP with Droid from SSC.

The STAP with Droid set is awesome! :rock

So the newsletter today said that the security droids are almost sold out. Dang, I didn't think it would happen this early.

Yep, I think there may have been rather more demand for these figures than Sideshow anticipated.. I received my Security Droid Double Pack today.. the 'weathered' Security Droid rocks and I would have been very happy with two of those.. however my 'clean' Security Droid looks like a Geonosis Battle Droid repainted.. which is odd, since the Security Droids were announced first by a considerable margin.. has anyone else experienced this?.. not quite sure what to do, since I want to keep the weathered figure.

Edit - OK, read back a bit in the thread now.. naughty step for Sideshow! :thwak

I have been toying with the idea of selling off my 6 battle droids and OOM-9 due to I am going more in the direction of collecting SSC clones and they are taking up shelf space and the money could be better spent on other figures.

My question to you guys and I am looking for opinions, would it be better to sell them all as a lot or to break them up to be sold as sets and oom-9 by himself or to try and find someone to trade with?

I have been toying with the idea of selling off my 6 battle droids and OOM-9 due to I am going more in the direction of collecting SSC clones and they are taking up shelf space and the money could be better spent on other figures.

My question to you guys and I am looking for opinions, would it be better to sell them all as a lot or to break them up to be sold as sets and oom-9 by himself or to try and find someone to trade with?

Personally I would separate them.. particularly if you are selling and have the boxes.. anyone who is interested in more than one, will try to buy all the particular figures they are interested in, up to, an including the entire bunch.. if you try to sell them all together only 'army builders' are going to try to buy.. separating them appeals to the maximum number of buyers.

Personally I would separate them.. particularly if you are selling and have the boxes.. anyone who is interested in more than one, will try to buy all the particular figures they are interested in, up to, an including the entire bunch.. if you try to sell them all together only 'army builders' are going to try to buy.. separating them appeals to the maximum number of buyers.

Good to hear. Now all I have to do is sell 7 battle droids hahahah....:(

Yep, I would definitely split OOM at least, he was going for over 150 I believe. Talk about a popular droid. What was he, like 45 bucks originally?

Back