1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is really amazing how large this is. When the box arrived, it could have contained a small human like Tom Cruise. A must have for a set of Sandtroopers.

Well, having received Jabba's thrones before, i admit i was surprised as i expected a larger box for this Dewback. It's also suprisingly light. The Dewback being hollow makes it feel a bit fragile.

Just did some shipping quote for this guy using Sideshow's measurements. 28lbs weight, 32"w x 13"w x 18"h box.

California to New York as an example.

USPS Parcel Select - $47
FedEx Ground - $65
UPS Ground $75

For reference, Sideshow was shipping this guy FedEx or UPS for $40 California to New York. Or to Canada (Ontario) for that matter ($39). Something to think about the next time you think a retailer is ripping you off on delivery.

If anyone else has any advice of shaving some points off the shipment let me know. Filling the box with Helium isn't going to work though. ;)

Well, ole Dewey showed up here today....just pulled him free from the box and snapped a quick one.

...and...I am SO glad I didn't miss this. Like most figures and such, when it's in front of you, it just blows you away. Hefty little bugger too...not just the platform, but the figure itself has a bit of heft.

Nothing feels or looks cheap about this piece. Truly outstanding...can't wait to get it out in the desert for some pics later this year!

And yes Pix...shipping is a big, expensive drag. It was $46.00 to ship it from CA to VT. I deal with shipping (and the customer complaints that go with it) all the time at work. These days, if you want something, you gotta bite the bullet and just pay...

I hope you can score one of these...truly a great piece!

Nice shot jedibear. Can't wait for some desert background shots soon. As for shipping, California all the way to France cost me a little under $120 via USPS. Avoided customs though. In the end, it helped me save a good $100 (shipping included) on the best local offer.

Well, ole Dewey showed up here today....just pulled him free from the box and snapped a quick one.

...and...I am SO glad I didn't miss this. Like most figures and such, when it's in front of you, it just blows you away. Hefty little bugger too...not just the platform, but the figure itself has a bit of heft.

Nothing feels or looks cheap about this piece. Truly outstanding...can't wait to get it out in the desert for some pics later this year!

And yes Pix...shipping is a big, expensive drag. It was $46.00 to ship it from CA to VT. I deal with shipping (and the customer complaints that go with it) all the time at work. These days, if you want something, you gotta bite the bullet and just pay...

I hope you can score one of these...truly a great piece!

what a beaut ain't it?! still one of my fav pieces in my collection. just love it!

This piece never ceases to amaze me. Its to type of thing that would been mind blowing if it existed in the 70s. Mine sits on top of my TV. I do with the other sandtroopers weren't so pricey.

attachment.php

Just for fun....

All these nice pictures are just salt in the wound now that the dewback is no longer available...

..but I like pics so keep'em coming.

Mine is on its way but has taken a detour through Pawnee Indiana to stop at Paunch Burger. He'll be in upper state New York by Wednesday - supposedly.

Picked him up yesterday but left him sleeping over night and all day in the garage. Tonight he's on the shelf, pictures to follow. Still need to print my Tatooine background and unpack the figures he'll be displayed with. Maybe I'll have a chance to do that by the end of the weekend.

Congrats on your arrival. Enjoy the unpacking and setting up. Took me a few days myself when my Dewback showed up last month.

Picked him up yesterday but left him sleeping over night and all day in the garage. Tonight he's on the shelf, pictures to follow. Still need to print my Tatooine background and unpack the figures he'll be displayed with. Maybe I'll have a chance to do that by the end of the weekend.

Very cool!
I love the Tatooine theme.

Back