1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, my theory may be going out the window if your serial number is low. ;) It might just be that I have one where they forgot to include some paint.

Hmm, my theory may be going out the window if your serial number is low. ;) It might just be that I have one where they forgot to include some paint.

Mine is buried under a lot of boxes in storage but if I can, later this week I'll try and pull it out and check the number.

Repost because the Dewback is just soooo awesome!

View attachment 120275

IMG_1163.jpg

Nicely done fellas! :hi5: :clap

It really is. Wish I'd been in the hobby a bit sooner, as I could've grabbed this and a few Sandtroopers from SSC (and when I think the Dewback went giftcard eligible... :(). So far, the Dewback is still pretty reasonable after-market, but I won't pay e.Bay prices for the Sandtroopers.

I suspect when sideshow finally releases stormtrooper v2 and the associated repaints including sandtrooper those secondary prices will stop being reasonable.

Yup, Sandtroopers are expensive on the Secondary market atm.. I think a lot of sellers are not differentiating much between Hot Toys and Sideshow, when it comes to pricing.

Do you know what your serial number is? The eye on yours looks just like mine, with much less (or no) shading around it compared to some other examples.

Because of your avatar, I read your posts in my head in Archer/H. Jon Benjamin's voice. I like to think you're actually Archer, because it makes sense that he would love this stuff and it also makes everything you say 15% more amusing.

I WISH I had H. Jon Benjamin's voice. Then again, I'd probably spend the day talking to myself - phrasing!

No time for a tripod unfortunately, and that's the only way to grab a decent photo of the shelf. Though I suppose I could have opened the shutter to let more light into the room. In-progress, missing a couple of figures, background, back lighting and obviously need to hide the wires still.

I'll probably also make some fake sand dunes to alter figure vertical positioning and attempt to hide the stands - which are unfortunately necessary for these guys using their stock bodies.

Did I position the staff the correct way up/forward? ;)

I haven't really done anything to futz the figures either, including possibly swapping out hands. Just put together the fiddly backpacks on the troopers. Hopefully if SSC revisit these guys they'll consider MAGNETS to hold the packs in place with straps being for decoration only. I notice that I should definitely change the Tusken's left hand too. For obvious (to me anyway) reasons. :slap

Back