"Indiana Jones 4" Now Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have been very diplomatic in all of their comments regarding Indy 4... up until now. It sounds like it is finally ready to get going. (I only wish that they could have done it sooner and included Connery, who now claims to be retired.)

elwood49 said:
No they haven't. Do you really want me to link to hundreds of articles over the years where the script was approved by Lucas and Spielberg?

Here's a quickie that states Lucas and Spielberg approved the script (dated May 29, 2005):

https://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=9823

Ford states shooting to begin summer of 2004:

https://www.comingsoon.net/news/indy4news.php?id=1266

This has happened SEVERAL times. There are HUNDREDS more articles like this. Do I really need to continue?

Those articles deal with speculation only, "Apparently Lucas" and "If we can get an approved script" does not confirm anything, that is just Hollywood BS.

There is nothing in those articles which confirmed a script has been approved until now and neither Speilberg, Lucas or ford ever claimed there was.

That is why this article is significant, it CONFIRMS script approval which means the project now moves forwqard into pre-production.

elwood49 said:
No they haven't. Do you really want me to link to hundreds of articles over the years where the script was approved by Lucas and Spielberg?

Here's a quickie that states Lucas and Spielberg approved the script (dated May 29, 2005):

https://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=9823

Ford states shooting to begin summer of 2004:

https://www.comingsoon.net/news/indy4news.php?id=1266

This has happened SEVERAL times. There are HUNDREDS more articles like this. Do I really need to continue?

Those articles deal with speculation only, "Apparently Lucas" and "If we can get an approved script" does not confirm anything, that is just Hollywood BS.

There is nothing in those articles which confirmed a script has been approved until now and neither Speilberg, Lucas or ford ever claimed there was.

That is why this article is significant, it CONFIRMS script approval which means the project now moves forwqard into pre-production.

pjam said:

Check out Starlog Magazine's 25th anniversary issue from June 2001. It has an interview with Steven Speilberg in it. The interviewer asks Speilberg what the status of Indy 4 is, and he responds:

"We are all ready and waiting for Paramount," Spielberg said in reference to the studio behind the franchise.

This project has been development hell for what seems like forever. Harrison Ford actually said 2 days ago that they should cancel the project completely if it isn't made within the next 2 years.

Ford said, "It's looking very good to do another one. I haven't felt this positive about it happening in a long time... but if it doesn't happen in the next two years we should all forget it."

I hope that it DOES happen, but it doesn't really seem feasible. Lucas, Spielberg, and Ford all want too much money. The film will cost $150 million to make (that's with Spielberg and Lucas taking a lesser fee), plus the trio ALL want a cut of the gross.

I do really want it to happen, though. It seems more likely now than it has been in a LONG time.

elwood49 said:
Check out Starlog Magazine's 25th anniversary issue from June 2001. It has an interview with Steven Speilberg in it. The interviewer asks Speilberg what the status of Indy 4 is, and he responds:

"We are all ready and waiting for Paramount," Spielberg said in reference to the studio behind the franchise.

This project has been development hell for what seems like forever. Harrison Ford actually said 2 days ago that they should cancel the project completely if it isn't made within the next 2 years.

I hope that it DOES happen, but it doesn't really seem feasible. Lucas, Spielberg, and Ford all want too much money. The film will cost $150 million to make (that's with Spielberg and Lucas taking a lesser fee), plus the trio ALL want a cut of the gross.

I do really want it to happen, though. It seems more likely now than it has been in a LONG time.

Speilberg meant we (Lucas, Ford and I) are ready to take on this project and we are waiting for Paramount to shell out huge loads of Development money to hire writers to take some shots at it. And they have, some five writers and they all missed badly and it WAS like that since 2001. Honestly, you are correct there has been a lot of speculative talk but it was all BS until the Nathanson script came in "looking real good" last December.

Since then, Spielberg and Lucas have given him their rewrite notes, and have felt comfortable with the basic story and story elements, good enough for Paramount to put it on the front burner. The only piece missing (the actual business deal for them) was to get Speilberg's rubber-stamp gatekeeper, Universal suit ("The Island' anyone?) Stacy Snider of Universal, to come aboard Paramount so he could fund this project the way he wanted, negotiate his fees, etc and line up many more of his projects. If you noticed, once Stacy came aboard Paramount, this project all of a sudden, gained real gravitas. In any event, I am convinced it will take off once the budget is settled and you will hear a lot more about it, it's real, believe me because once the script meets final approval, pre-production follows.

And the script has been approved according to the Principals involved.

pjam said:
Speilberg meant we (Lucas, Ford and I) are ready to take on this project and we are waiting for Paramount to shell out huge loads of Development money to hire writers to take some shots at it. And they have, some five writers and they all missed badly and it WAS like that since 2001. Honestly, you are correct there has been a lot of speculative talk but it was all BS until the Nathanson script came in "looking real good" last December.

Since then, Spielberg and Lucas have given him their rewrite notes, and have felt comfortable with the basic story and story elements, good enough for Paramount to put it on the front burner. The only piece missing (the actual business deal for them) was to get Speilberg's rubber-stamp gatekeeper, Universal suit ("The Island' anyone?) Stacy Snider of Universal, to come aboard Paramount so he could fund this project the way he wanted, negotiate his fees, etc and line up many more of his projects. If you noticed, once Stacy came aboard Paramount, this project all of a sudden, gained real gravitas. In any event, I am convinced it will take off once the budget is settled and you will hear a lot more about it, it's real, believe me because once the script meets final approval, pre-production follows.

And the script has been approved according to the Principals involved.

Seems like you know the business pretty damn good. What do you do in Hollywood?

Wor-Gar said:
Seems like you know the business pretty damn good. What do you do in Hollywood?

I'm a Screenwriter/Producer but I have a lot of friends (everyone knows everyone) in this town and it's a small town and people talk.

But there's one undeniable fact we all share in this town and that is this: "Everything is bull**** unless money is behind it".

Only reason I posted the article is b/c The liscensing should soon follow as Toy Companies usually need even more lead time than the Production and I am betting SS gets the 1/4 line at least and hopefully the 1/6 line.

pjam said:
But there's one undeniable fact we all share in this town and that is this: "Everything is bull**** unless money is behind it".

All too true. I'm a writer out here myself, that's how I recognized you. And I do believe your points are correct and we should be expecting Indy 4 to be the big topic from LucasWorld now that Star Wars is over. However, I do fear what Indy will become...but I'll slap down my 12 bucks to see it just like the rest. I'll probably even think I like it the first time I see it.

Anyway, I do hope SS gets a crack at a 1/6th line of ROTLA figs. That would make this sequel worth having.

Wor-Gar said:
All too true. I'm a writer out here myself, that's how I recognized you. And I do believe your points are correct and we should be expecting Indy 4 to be the big topic from LucasWorld now that Star Wars is over. However, I do fear what Indy will become...but I'll slap down my 12 bucks to see it just like the rest. I'll probably even think I like it the first time I see it.

Anyway, I do hope SS gets a crack at a 1/6th line of ROTLA figs. That would make this sequel worth having.

I'm with you all the way and many thanks for your kind comments. I wish you only the best in your endeavors, Lord knows we need more quality product.

Here's to hoping "Indy 4" is a "good ride" and SS delivers, once again! :duff

pjam said:
I'm a Screenwriter/Producer but I have a lot of friends (everyone knows everyone) in this town and it's a small town and people talk.

Have you worked on anything we would know?

gdb said:
Have you worked on anything we would know?

Appreciate you asking but I think I'd prefer to remain completely anonymous in the true spirit of this forum, just another SS freak hitting the boards w/you guys who really appreciate a company like SS. But I will leave you with this:

Are there any Film/TV Liscences SS has that I have anything to do with? No

Are there any Actors/Characters SS has made figures of that I have had anything to do with? Yes.

Pretty lame, I know, but thanks for asking.

Onto the boards!
God bless

From where I stand it looks like the planets are all aligning and we will all be very happy as consumers.

The apprehension, fear of the unknown, isn't being left to chance, and I am confident the experts will succeed in achieving all or a majority of their goals. All the unforeseen circumstances and scenarios are being dealt with to the finest point. I don't believe age will be an obstacle to the story, but rather a natural maturing of the subject matter, believeable and an intricate part to what nature intends for us all. Money talks and the world is made up of abundance.

Naive as I am, what does it matter? Once Sideshow aquires the licence, do we really care if the film is made or not, just so we can have a PF and 1/6 Indy, fully approved and accurate, will be a desire much of the collecting world has been awaiting so patiently for. It's not as if we want collectibles from the fourth installation, which we know nothing about yet, but the Ford from the first. Sure we have an interest in what is going on behind the scenes so we can have this grail. Anything else is a bonus. Bring it on.

Should Sideshow get the license,you can put me down for 1/6 figures of,
Indy (obviously)
Dr Jones Sr
Short Round
Sallah

I hope the 4th movie installment gets made,but think there's a strong possibility the film will be another Phantom Menace and not live up to the huge hype that the film will undoubtedly receive.

Back