eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am able to get a Legend helmet for $200 more than a limited, has any one seen both in person that can say whether the Legend is worth that extra $200?

I am able to get a Legend helmet for $200 more than a limited, has any one seen both in person that can say whether the Legend is worth that extra $200?

I saw both at the SW Celebration eFX booth, and I thought the limited looked just as good (couldn't tell much difference overall IMHO). I'm happy with my limited version, though I think the finish is a little matte on both helmets.

I saw both at the SW Celebration eFX booth, and I thought the limited looked just as good (couldn't tell much difference overall IMHO). I'm happy with my limited version, though I think the finish is a little matte on both helmets.

I like my limited as well, but would be nice just to have that little more screen accuracy on one piece and I think those little scratches bring out the iconic feel a little more. Do you want Vader just out of th spray booth or do you wan him to look like he bumped into a few walls :)

I want a SL ANH Vader! For that I'd be happy to trade any eFX Legend or LE for it. In fact I'd easily trade 5 cleaned-up Legends for one SL. Some day I really have to get me a SL, but as an OT Imperial and troopers collector (not with a specific Vader focus), I already have too many Vader items and too few troopers items...

I want a SL ANH Vader! For that I'd be happy to trade any eFX Legend or LE for it. In fact I'd easily trade 5 cleaned-up Legends for one SL. Some day I really have to get me a SL, but as an OT Imperial and troopers collector (not with a specific Vader focus), I already have too many Vader items and too few troopers items...

Excuse the noob question but what's SL?

Excuse the noob question but what's SL?

It is a non cleaned up helmet from the Rick Baker mould. It was pulled over 20 years before the eFx Legend. It is basically as close as you will ever get to owning an actual screen used ANH Vader. It is super rare and there are only a handful of them out there. To obtain one you need to know where to look and have a lot of cash ;). It is what everyone thought the eFx Legend was going to be.

It is basically as close as you will ever get to owning an actual screen used ANH Vader.

Actually there are better castings from the rick baker mold in private hands that do not suffer the flaring/warping issues that the SL does. ;)
These of course are unfortunately not available.

Also, as far as the EFX legend vs the SL, the EFX shape is more correct and does not suffer from the flaring/warping.
The SL has more of the more subtle warts/dents that couldn't be left into the EFX helmet for production reasons.

So the EFX has a more correct shape, but the SL has more of the boogers.

It is a non cleaned up helmet from the Rick Baker mould. It was pulled over 20 years before the eFx Legend. It is basically as close as you will ever get to owning an actual screen used ANH Vader. It is super rare and there are only a handful of them out there. To obtain one you need to know where to look and have a lot of cash ;). It is what everyone thought the eFx Legend was going to be.

Actually there are better castings from the rick baker mold in private hands that do not suffer the flaring/warping issues that the SL does. ;)

Also, as far as the EFX legend vs the SL, the EFX shape is more correct and does not suffer from the flaring/warping.
The SL has more of the more subtle warts/dents that couldn't be left into the EFX helmet for production reasons.

Thank for the info boys :hi5:, and thanks for chiming in Gino!

I'm super happy with my Limited. I wanted a Legend more but missed the boat on that one. They're not pure perfection, but nothing is. The piece has a sick presence and it's bad MF'n a$$.

So these helmets haven't really even retained their value, huh? How many were made of each style?

BB

Legend was originally $999, now selling for $1400 + on the bay.

Limited was originally $799, selling for $850 on the bay.

I'd say retained their value.

This is all good, because it is early in the 'life cycle'. Everyone who wanted one, was able to get one. As time goes by, new collectors will want one and as the helmets get distributed more (weak hands, doubles being sold), I would expect the price to increase.

I will respectfully disagree with you on the SL flare issue. But since this thread is about the eFX, the Legend is a sick helmet. I own one and love it, it is a stunning piece. It is the best commercially available Vader helmet and will probably never be topped. Big props to all those at efX for making it happen.

Last edited:
I will respectfully disagree with you on the SL flare issue. But since this thread is about the eFX, the Legend is a sick helmet. I own one and love it, it is a stunning piece. It is the best commercially available Vader helmet and will probably never be topped. Big props to all those at efX for making it happen.

Exactly. I like the eFX Vader helmet, but I still hope one day to get a SL.

Limited #753 is here safe and sound! In the process of getting a display case, but I've unsealed it in the meantime.

It's ****ing glorious. I don't know if the thread needs any more fresh out of the box pics, I read every page of it while I waited :lol so I saw plenty. I will however post some when it's actually nicely displayed. Couldn't be happier right now, even if I missed all the fun as it happened years ago... :panic:

Back