Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any lucky iPhone5 users here? Is it worth upgrading to from a 4s? :) TIA!

I'd say it's worth it. The iPhone 5 beat the Samsung Galaxy S3 on several benchmark tests (conducted from different media outlets). Also unlike previous generation iPhones, it's very resilient to drops and scratches, and the glass doesn't shatter as easily. It's definitely the best smartphone that Apple has made, thus far.

I'd say it's worth it. The iPhone 5 beat the Samsung Galaxy S3 on several benchmark tests (conducted from different media outlets). Also unlike previous generation iPhones, it's very resilient to drops and scratches, and the glass doesn't shatter as easily. It's definitely the best smartphone that Apple has made, thus far.

Thanks for the feedback! :wink1: I'll just have to wait for the official release here. Black market prices on Apple here are just too insane :cuckoo:

Just got an iphone5 and love it!!!! Can't express how awesome this phone is!

One gripe I have so far is in messaging.

So my girlfriends name is Donna and she is entered into my contacts as said name. As she has the iphone5 also we are using imessage of course. When we message her name is not shown as Donna but her icloud address! Little bit annoying that it displays that and not her name, does anybody know the reason for this?

Thanks

My brother got that "Can't charge with this accessory error" last week, the day before he went away (perfect timing). I told him I'd swing by to see about sending it back. We have Verizon, and he hasn't even had the phone for a year.

I've never been to an Apple store - can I ask them there about this issue, even though he got it through Verizon? I figured they'd be much more helpful than the Verizon people, but wasn't sure if they'd even look at it.

Are you sure it isn't the charger? I'm on my third one in the past year. If they're bent even a little bit for a prolonged amount of time, the connection will sever, and they won't work.

Are you sure it isn't the charger? I'm on my third one in the past year. If they're bent even a little bit for a prolonged amount of time, the connection will sever, and they won't work.

I've tried it with a few different ones, including two of my own that I know are currently working.

I've tried it with a few different ones, including two of my own that I know are currently working.

Ah, I see. As for the Apple store, I don't really know, as the one closest to me is probably over an hour away, but, if it's close, it can't hurt to try; they are authorized to sell and look at the stuff, after all.:lol

Back