Statue Legolas Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to reassure us that Sideshow really is committed to this line, eh? Sure they've left every other lotr line incomplete with some questionable choices and notable absences, but this line they're going to get right. :cuckoo:

Leggy looks good at least.

Looks awesome so far. Can't really tell much about the head sculpt yet, but looks good (as it would thanks to Trev :rock). We'll see after it's painted though. :lol

They seem to want to be rolling these out. If we get Gandalf soon as well.

Looks pretty good but I wish we had a Legolas actually in the act of shooting with an arrow ready to fly for once.

Last edited:
looks like legolas from helms deep. l just actually might get some of these. l can have half the fellow ship in PF form, and maybe the rest in these in 1/6 form. could work out well.

Last edited:
Looks great to me, I'm super excited about this line, and thrilled to death they're not making the Fellowship in their fellowship attire for once, especially Boromir. Looks like the line might actually celebrate the entire trilogy instead of giving us a thousand boring green cloaks. Bring on Theoden, Eomer and the Gondorians!

Legolas looks great! I really like that the maquette line will be offering variants on some of the same characters we are getting as PFs. It feels less like a duplicate and more like a complimentary collection.

If the trend is correct, it will be nice to have Aragorn as PF, but Strider as a maquette, Legolas as a PF and Helms Deep Leggy as a maquette, and Boromir in his Fellowship garb (I hope!) as a PF and Gondorian Armor Boromir as a PF. It will really make for the best of both worlds! I wonder about the Gandalf differences though? Maybe his different staffs? Hat and hatless? Gandalf didn't change too dramatically until he became Gandalf the White...hmmm.

The sculpts look phenomonal so far, and I am really excited for this line!

Legolas looks great! I really like that the maquette line will be offering variants on some of the same characters we are getting as PFs. It feels less like a duplicate and more like a complimentary collection.

If the trend is correct, it will be nice to have Aragorn as PF, but Strider as a maquette, Legolas as a PF and Helms Deep Leggy as a maquette, and Boromir in his Fellowship garb (I hope!) as a PF and Gondorian Armor Boromir as a PF. It will really make for the best of both worlds! I wonder about the Gandalf differences though? Maybe his different staffs? Hat and hatless? Gandalf didn't change too dramatically until he became Gandalf the White...hmmm.

The sculpts look phenomonal so far, and I am really excited for this line!

I think maybe the intention is to make the maquettes be more accurate representations of the characters themselves. Aragorn is more a loner than a warrior outright for example. Boromir is a general, not merely a diplomat sent to Rivendell etc. Gandalf is just Gandalf I suppose...lol

Looking really good! Although I have yet to buy a Legolas, only Aragorn, Boromir and hobbits have entered my lair so far ;)
Let me add that I-
can´t-
wait-
to see-
Boromir in Gondorian armor! :yess::pray:

Looks real good! I'm just excited to have some LotRs things to look at once again instead of every 6 months or so.

If the painted maquette looks as good as the unpainted I will definitely be adding this my collection! This will please those of us who have requested a Legolas@HelmsDeep representation.:rock

This unpainted Legolas sure is looking awsome already ! And please, let Gimli be the next Maquette to follow...

I think maybe the intention is to make the maquettes be more accurate representations of the characters themselves. Aragorn is more a loner than a warrior outright for example. Boromir is a general, not merely a diplomat sent to Rivendell etc. Gandalf is just Gandalf I suppose...lol

Good observation, and I tend to agree with this line of thinking.

The immediate roll-out of the Legolas sneak peak preview, the ML PF preview, and the subtle glimpse of the Gandalf maquette suggests that Sideshow seems to finally be committed to giving LOTR some long overdue love. Let's just hope this isn't just a random burst of enthusiasm that will quickly fizzle out, but a long term commitment to this license that is treated with the same level of respect as Marvel, Star Wars, etc. A fools hope?

I've said it 1k times. SS loves LOTR and wants to do lots of things with it to make us happy.

They sure are giving the impression that this line is gonna hit the ground running.

It's nice to see LOTR products announced more then once every 6 months or so.

So far so good. Aragorn, Gandalf, and now Legolas all look excellent.

:clap

Looks like it will be an amazing piece, but I think I will just stick with the PF on this one; it will be hard to top that for me personally.

Back