MarfMaster's Mix *LOTS of New Stuff* :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MarfMaster's Mix *UC2 Nathan Drake / Indy Revamp / The Rocketeer / Ellie TLOU*

Thanks, Mike! :) The figure would not have been possible without Jake, plain and simple.

Thank you, Nanuke. :duff

One more quick pic of my Indy with his new jacket. I wasn't satisfied with the color of the jacket, so I darkened it with some thin washes of black acrylic paint designed especially for leather...talk about nerve-wracking, but I like the way it turned out! I also took the opportunity to add some of the trademark wrinkles to the sleeves. :rock

Thta Drake is just crack son! :hi5:

And there you go one upping Indy again so we can only view the heaven but cannot touch it! :)

Re: MarfMaster's Mix *UC2 Nathan Drake / Indy Revamp / The Rocketeer / Ellie TLOU*

Awesome collection of customs ! Amazing SW stuff !

The weathering/repaint on the jacket looks perfect Dane!

Thanks, Rob! :)

Thta Drake is just crack son! :hi5:

And there you go one upping Indy again so we can only view the heaven but cannot touch it! :)

Much appreciated, Mike!

What can I say, I just can't let Indy rest! :lol I'm going to send Hector some of the paint I used so he can do the same to both of your jackets. :duff

Awesome collection of customs ! Amazing SW stuff !

Thank you, Dront! :rock

Indy looks great Dane. Now wrinkle those boots!

Much appreciated, Mike!

What can I say, I just can't let Indy rest! :lol I'm going to send Hector some of the paint I used so he can do the same to both of your jackets. :duff

That kicks all kind of Donkey! Thanks so much bro! Sent ya a lil sumthin in the box too! :duff

Indy looks great Dane. Now wrinkle those boots!

I know, I know. :lol Need to refresh my memory on that one...I think there's boiling water involved?

That kicks all kind of Donkey! Thanks so much bro! Sent ya a lil sumthin in the box too! :duff

No problem dude! :hi5:

I know, I know. :lol Need to refresh my memory on that one...I think there's boiling water involved?

Start on page 682 of the customization thread, all you need to know is there. Boil and flex, it's simple. I just did it to HT Bespin Luke's boots too and they look fantastic. They don't look like Teddy Bear feet anymore. :lol

Start on page 682 of the customization thread, all you need to know is there. Boil and flex, it's simple. I just did it to HT Bespin Luke's boots too and they look fantastic. They don't look like Teddy Bear feet anymore. :lol

Awesome, thanks for the direction!

Get down Dane!!!! That Nathan drake is the business love the uncharted series but I agree with u part two is his best look love it. Your really tempting me to get one now!!!!!!! And thanks for the advice on Indy I'm on my way getting the proper stuff in order now. Can't wait to ditch the hot toys one lol!!!!

Get down Dane!!!! That Nathan drake is the business love the uncharted series but I agree with u part two is his best look love it. Your really tempting me to get one now!!!!!!! And thanks for the advice on Indy I'm on my way getting the proper stuff in order now. Can't wait to ditch the hot toys one lol!!!!

Thanks for stopping by, Luis, I appreciate the kind words! :) Good luck with your Indy, I'm sure he'll turn out fantastic. :duff

Awesome updates man. Drake looks so much better with a repaint and outfit swap. I think it was kind of a weird choice for SS to go with the Uncharted 3 look over 2. I like both games but his look from 2 just seems more iconic. And 2 was a better game in my eyes. I can't wait for the new one though.

When you use the black acrylic paint and water wash to weather your clothes, what percentage of paint and water do you use and how long do you soak it for? Seb kind of briefly told me how to do it but I'm curious to see how others do it as well. And do you rinse the clothes back off after you soak them?

Awesome updates man. Drake looks so much better with a repaint and outfit swap. I think it was kind of a weird choice for SS to go with the Uncharted 3 look over 2. I like both games but his look from 2 just seems more iconic. And 2 was a better game in my eyes. I can't wait for the new one though.

When you use the black acrylic paint and water wash to weather your clothes, what percentage of paint and water do you use and how long do you soak it for? Seb kind of briefly told me how to do it but I'm curious to see how others do it as well. And do you rinse the clothes back off after you soak them?

Thanks, man! I figured SSC went with UC3 because it's the 'freshest' in everyone's mind, but UC2 is THE look for Nate. :) Really excited for the new one as well, bittersweet that it's likely his farewell. :(

As for the weathering, I wish I had a more quantitative explanation for you, but the truth is I wing it. :lol I start with a very diluted mixture (eyeball the paint based on the volume of water I need), soak the clothing, let it dry, then repeat. I'll add more paint to the solution if I'm WAY off, or just dunk it again if I'm close to the look I'm after. The only time I rinse it off is if I think I overdid it. Hopefully this helps some. : /

Thanks, man! I figured SSC went with UC3 because it's the 'freshest' in everyone's mind, but UC2 is THE look for Nate. :) Really excited for the new one as well, bittersweet that it's likely his farewell. :(

As for the weathering, I wish I had a more quantitative explanation for you, but the truth is I wing it. :lol I start with a very diluted mixture (eyeball the paint based on the volume of water I need), soak the clothing, let it dry, then repeat. I'll add more paint to the solution if I'm WAY off, or just dunk it again if I'm close to the look I'm after. The only time I rinse it off is if I think I overdid it. Hopefully this helps some. : /

Yeah man it for sure helps. Ive experimented with a few cheap pieces and I'm trying to get a feel for it before I take on something that I really don't want to screw up.

I didn't realize the newest Uncharted is likely the last. That sucks. Im assuming Amy Hennig leaving ND probably has a role in that.

Re: MarfMaster's Mix * Sherlock Holmes / UC2 Nathan Drake / Indy Revamp / The Rockete

My latest acquisition, the FAMCON exclusive Sherlock figure with sculpt painted by SilentSurfer. :)

Re: MarfMaster's Mix * Sherlock Holmes / UC2 Nathan Drake / Indy Revamp / The Rockete

Awesome! That violin on Sherlock is amazing!

Back