BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When did Ikea discontinue the double wide units? It seems that everything in my original setup is now discontinued! At least I got what I needed to add to it for now. I guess I'll have to go with something other than Besta if I need anymore cabinets in the future.

I think the double wide units ( 3 cubes high x 2 cubes wide) may have been discontinued sometime in January/February. The Ikea in my city had a big sale on them last December to clear out stock. I managed to pick up 2, but in hindsight I should have picked up a couple more. I may pick up a 3x1 besta along with the inreda 4 pack disc lighting since both are on sale.

They had a whole bunch of Tombo doors at the Ikea Brooklyn location:

tombo.jpg

They had a few stacks in MA for $10 each.
I returned 8 of them at $50 each and bought 20 at $10 each.
I should be good for awhile now!

When did Ikea discontinue the double wide units? It seems that everything in my original setup is now discontinued! At least I got what I needed to add to it for now. I guess I'll have to go with something other than Besta if I need anymore cabinets in the future.

Doh. That's what I was using. was planning to get a couple 2x2s in the near future.
I guess I have to build them with 2x1 now.

Last edited:

I wish they were that cheap in Brooklyn! I picked up 3 more for when i eventually add another Besta. Was contemplating picking up another 3 but I am not sure that i will be able to fit 2 more Bestas in my place

Thanks for the link Collectorcol. Here's another picture of my Besta with the Glassvic doors.

IMG_7340.JPG

I can't believe they cancelled the double wide bestas too. Almost everything I used is discontinued except my lights. I better check on those too.

Normally I get the double wide under frame with legs.
but now I think I have to get 2 regular size frames when I go to build my next rack.
It will be more expensive and less solid.

Can't believe Ikea won't bring back the Tombo doors, why cancel one of their most popular products?
The Tombo didn't sell very well according to the assistant in my local store.
Great for collectors but not your average person.
I can't believe they cancelled the double wide bestas too. Almost everything I used is discontinued except my lights. I better check on those too.

Normally I get the double wide under frame with legs.
but now I think I have to get 2 regular size frames when I go to build my next rack.
It will be more expensive and less solid.
As you said you can still replicate what you want but it will cost more.
They come with clips but yeah, probably not as sturdy. Shouldn't be an issue though.

If anyone is looking for the double Bestas in the metro Detroit area I've got 5 of them all hooked up with puck LED lighting. I converted to the PAX units and have no use for them. $60 bucks a pop but they are assembled so you'll have to pick them up. PM me if any interest

The Massachusetts store still has a ton of Tombo doors if anyone is nearby and looking. I was there tonight and picked up a couple; only $10 apiece

That price is insane, especially considering what these will cost (aftermarket) once they're sold out.

I just drove out to the Pittsburgh IKEA and picked up 6. They only had a couple more on the shelf, and they were beat up.

I'm about to move and expand my collection space. Thank god I found out about this now and picked them up. Mine were priced at $40.

I'm in southern Orange County, California. I know they're discontinued all I need is two to finish my Besta. Anyone have extras?

Back